[Mod] Dogzilla131's DogBlocks mod reworked [dogblocks]

User avatar
Hybrid Dog
Member
 
Posts: 2681
Joined: Thu Nov 01, 2012 12:46

[Mod] Dogzilla131's DogBlocks mod reworked [dogblocks]

by Hybrid Dog » Thu Oct 02, 2014 19:51

I edited Dogzilla131's DogBlocks mod.
I changed the textures to be tileable, added sounds and put the mod to github.

Depends: wool
License: CC by 3.0, CC BY-SA, etc.
Download: zip, tar.gz
github: dogblocks

Image
Image

If you got ideas or found bugs, please tell them to me.

How to install a mod?
Last edited by Hybrid Dog on Tue Aug 30, 2016 16:24, edited 3 times in total.

‮‪‮
‮‪‮
‮‪‮
‮‪‮
‮‪‮
‮‪‮
‮‪‮
‮‪‮
‮‪
 

User avatar
Wuzzy
Member
 
Posts: 3241
Joined: Mon Sep 24, 2012 15:01
GitHub: Wuzzy2
IRC: Wuzzy
In-game: Wuzzy

Re: [Mod] Dogzilla131's DogBlocks mod edited [dogblocks]

by Wuzzy » Fri Oct 03, 2014 00:38

Haha, this is hilarious. I like such weird and unconvential mods.

There is a typo: “Orangw Fur”.

Some random ideas:
The fur blocks could really use some sounds for walking, placing, etc.
And the dog blocks, too. Barfing, crying, whimpering, for example. ;-)
And a Doge block would be nice, too. We have a Nyan Cat block, so a Doge block would fit. =)
 

User avatar
Hybrid Dog
Member
 
Posts: 2681
Joined: Thu Nov 01, 2012 12:46

Re: [Mod] Dogzilla131's DogBlocks mod edited [dogblocks]

by Hybrid Dog » Sat Oct 04, 2014 18:24

Wuzzy wrote:Haha, this is hilarious. I like such weird and unconvential mods.

There is a typo: “Orangw Fur”.

Some random ideas:
The fur blocks could really use some sounds for walking, placing, etc.
And the dog blocks, too. Barfing, crying, whimpering, for example. ;-)
And a Doge block would be nice, too. We have a Nyan Cat block, so a Doge block would fit. =)

ok, I need a doge picture…

‮‪‮
‮‪‮
‮‪‮
‮‪‮
‮‪‮
‮‪‮
‮‪‮
‮‪‮
‮‪
 

User avatar
Esteban
Member
 
Posts: 873
Joined: Sun Sep 08, 2013 13:26
Location: Somewhere in the Caribbean...
GitHub: Esteban-
IRC: Esteban
In-game: Esteban

Re: [Mod] Dogzilla131's DogBlocks mod edited [dogblocks]

by Esteban » Sat Oct 04, 2014 18:56

Hybrid Dog wrote:
Wuzzy wrote:Haha, this is hilarious. I like such weird and unconvential mods.

There is a typo: “Orangw Fur”.

Some random ideas:
The fur blocks could really use some sounds for walking, placing, etc.
And the dog blocks, too. Barfing, crying, whimpering, for example. ;-)
And a Doge block would be nice, too. We have a Nyan Cat block, so a Doge block would fit. =)

ok, I need a doge picture…

Is this one good?
Image
 

User avatar
Wuzzy
Member
 
Posts: 3241
Joined: Mon Sep 24, 2012 15:01
GitHub: Wuzzy2
IRC: Wuzzy
In-game: Wuzzy
 

User avatar
Esteban
Member
 
Posts: 873
Joined: Sun Sep 08, 2013 13:26
Location: Somewhere in the Caribbean...
GitHub: Esteban-
IRC: Esteban
In-game: Esteban

Re: [Mod] Dogzilla131's DogBlocks mod edited [dogblocks]

by Esteban » Sat Oct 04, 2014 19:13

Wuzzy wrote:Wow

Such picture
many wow
10/10 must be used in thiz mud
 

User avatar
Hybrid Dog
Member
 
Posts: 2681
Joined: Thu Nov 01, 2012 12:46

Re: [Mod] Dogzilla131's DogBlocks mod edited [dogblocks]

by Hybrid Dog » Sun Oct 05, 2014 10:28

Zeg9 is a doge, too
https://github.com/Zeg9/

I could make an animated one...
Image

‮‪‮
‮‪‮
‮‪‮
‮‪‮
‮‪‮
‮‪‮
‮‪‮
‮‪‮
‮‪
 

User avatar
Mg
Member
 
Posts: 86
Joined: Sun Mar 02, 2014 20:49
Location: Periodic Table
GitHub: LeMagnesium
IRC: ElectronLibre Mg
In-game: Mg

Re: [Mod] Dogzilla131's DogBlocks mod edited [dogblocks]

by Mg » Sun Oct 05, 2014 16:06

Wow, beautiful nodes, good work Hybrid dog. Doge would be very proud of you!
 

User avatar
Wuzzy
Member
 
Posts: 3241
Joined: Mon Sep 24, 2012 15:01
GitHub: Wuzzy2
IRC: Wuzzy
In-game: Wuzzy

Re: [Mod] Dogzilla131's DogBlocks mod edited [dogblocks]

by Wuzzy » Sun Oct 19, 2014 21:18

I have checked out (ha ha!) the repository and tested the bleeding edge version. I really like the new sounds for the fur, good job.

There are also sounds for the dog blocks themselves, but IMO they need some work. The sounds should be normalized, there are sometimes very large differences in the volume. Also some sounds should be shorter. A single barf/whimper/whatever sound per file is enough. Try to keep the sounds <2s each. Dug and build sounds can usually be a bit longer, but especially the footstep sounds should be short (<0.5s).
 

User avatar
Hybrid Dog
Member
 
Posts: 2681
Joined: Thu Nov 01, 2012 12:46

Re: [Mod] Dogzilla131's DogBlocks mod edited [dogblocks]

by Hybrid Dog » Wed Oct 22, 2014 17:11

Wuzzy wrote:A single barf/whimper/whatever sound per file is enough.

I extracted the sounds from bigger files with audacity and it took time, so I were lazy and didn't cut every one.
BTW the dogs bark if you come near them or put one next to the other one.

‮‪‮
‮‪‮
‮‪‮
‮‪‮
‮‪‮
‮‪‮
‮‪‮
‮‪‮
‮‪
 

User avatar
Hybrid Dog
Member
 
Posts: 2681
Joined: Thu Nov 01, 2012 12:46

Re: [Mod] Dogzilla131's DogBlocks mod edited [dogblocks]

by Hybrid Dog » Sun Dec 14, 2014 14:28

something I did a long time ago
Image
Attachments
dogland2.png
(595.7 KiB) Not downloaded yet

‮‪‮
‮‪‮
‮‪‮
‮‪‮
‮‪‮
‮‪‮
‮‪‮
‮‪‮
‮‪
 

User avatar
cx384
Member
 
Posts: 492
Joined: Wed Apr 23, 2014 09:38
GitHub: cx384
IRC: cx384
 

User avatar
azekill_DIABLO
Member
 
Posts: 7459
Joined: Wed Oct 29, 2014 20:05
Location: OMICRON
GitHub: azekillDIABLO
In-game: azekill_DIABLO
 


Return to WIP Mods



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest