- The master branch will not be used anymore for feature freezes. A new feature freeze branch will be created when a release is to be made, to which bugfixes are applied until it's considered stable. (It can be extended to be a more complete release model later, but this is the important part for now.)
- If a pull request or an issue does not get a response from its originator in one month, it is closed.
- If an issue is a duplicate, refer to the first one and close the later ones.
- People who are not active and constructive will not keep their core developer status. (There is no way to make this not vague; celeron55 will accept complaints and will ultimately decide.)
- If a core developer does not have time for doing anything, his tasks will be moved to be done by someone else. (Again, celeron55 will accept complaints and will ultimately decide.)
- The current feature freeze will be transformed to a branch immediately, because hmmm has been sitting on a bugfix for way too long and is causing an unnecessary stall in development.
EDIT: These changes take effect after a day or two, depending on the comments.
EDIT 2015-02-09: I updated the development wiki to contain these rules and organized them in a more accessible way: http://dev.minetest.net/All_rules_regar ... evelopment