[Mod] Interact [interact]

Amaz
GitHub: Amaz1
IRC: Amaz
In-game: Amaz

[Mod] Interact [interact]

by Amaz » Post

This mod provides another way of granting players interact, somewhat automatically. Players have to confirm that they will not grief, then they will have the option to just visit the world or gain interact. The player will have to agree to the rules, before taking a quiz, asking what the rules say.
You probably will want to change the rules, found in the rules.lua file, and the quiz questions, which are related to the rules, and also found in rules.lua. All other configuration options can be found in config.lua. The options provided are pretty basic defaults, so you may want to check them!
Other bits and pieces can be found in the Readme.
All of the screens do not have to be shown, and the content on the first two can be changed in the config.lua, but the basic structure does have to be kept...
Spoiler
The three different questions and the quiz:
Designed for not very clever griefers!
Added for those who may just want to visit a server.
Notice how the buttons are switched round here, so as to fool the unwary!
The quiz!
License: MIT
Credits: Based of the (old) rules "mod" on Craigy Davi's server, which was based on this mod: https://github.com/ChaosWormz/mt_terms_of_use
Dependencies: None!
Download: https://github.com/Amaz1/interact/archive/master.zip
Code on github: https://github.com/Amaz1/interact
Last edited by Amaz on Fri Sep 02, 2016 21:42, edited 4 times in total.

gabo.xandre
GitHub: GaboXandre
IRC: GaboXandre
In-game: Gabo

Re: [Mod]Interact[interact]

by gabo.xandre » Post

Great mod.
Makes it really easy for new players to get interact and read the rules.

Oussamarer
GitHub: Oussamarer
IRC: Oussamarer
In-game: Oussamarer

by Oussamarer » Post

i see that you released it
great mod , great code , great everything
I make lets plays on minetest and other games , feel free to check me out and drop some suggestions : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g-tWCtruQAQ

Evergreen
GitHub: 4Evergreen4
IRC: EvergreenTree
In-game: Evergreen

by Evergreen » Post

Interesting idea.
Back from the dead!

Krock
Developer
GitHub: SmallJoker

by Krock » Post

Good idea! I hope OldCoder will use this mod on his servers because there's mostly no moderator around.
Look, I programmed a bug for you. >> Mod Search Engine << - Mods by Krock - DuckDuckGo mod search bang: !mtmod <keyword here>

Hybrid Dog
GitHub: HybridDog

Re: [Mod] Interact [interact]

by Hybrid Dog » Post

you can use some code from there if you want
https://github.com/HybridDog/rulesaccept

‮‪‮
‮‪‮
‮‪‮
‮‪‮
‮‪‮
‮‪‮
‮‪‮
‮‪‮
‮‪

Amaz

by Amaz » Post

I've updated the mod. Now everything is configurable by editing things in the config.lua file. All the options should be fairly well documented.

Also, there is a now a quiz screen, where the players are quizzed on the rules! The questions for it are just bellow the rules in the rules.lua file. It should (with good questions!) help to make sure that players actually read the rules, and don't just click accept...

Krock
Developer

by Krock » Post

Please add the intllib dependency to make it more language-friendly.

The quiz is a nice idea but "PVP is allowed" can be point in the rules.
Rules aren't always restrictions.
Look, I programmed a bug for you. >> Mod Search Engine << - Mods by Krock - DuckDuckGo mod search bang: !mtmod <keyword here>

Hybrid Dog
GitHub: HybridDog

by Hybrid Dog » Post

Krock wrote:Please add the intllib dependency to make it more language-friendly.
The interact mod is made for multiplayer, isn't it? And as far as l know, intllib only works in singleplayer mode (or national mt servers).

‮‪‮
‮‪‮
‮‪‮
‮‪‮
‮‪‮
‮‪‮
‮‪‮
‮‪‮
‮‪

Krock
Developer

by Krock » Post

Hybrid Dog wrote:
Krock wrote:Please add the intllib dependency to make it more language-friendly.
The interact mod is made for multiplayer, isn't it? And as far as l know, intllib only works in singleplayer mode (or national mt servers).
I saw some national server and they might like questions in their language.

Amaz

by Amaz » Post

Okay, I'll have a look at how to do that...
Second Edit: I don't think that there is a need for intllib, because all of things that would need translating can be found in config.lua or rules.lua and so the server owner can put his own translation in there... And as intllib is server side (as far as I can see), it won't make a difference for the clients.
Krock wrote:The quiz is a nice idea but "PVP is allowed" can be point in the rules.
Rules aren't always restrictions.
The values in the quiz are just default values, they can, or rather, are supposed to be changed, like the rules, which are just a default set.
From Readme.md: "You will probably want to replace the default rules with your own in rules.lua. Also, the quiz should be adapted to your rules, thus the quiz questions are found in rules.lua also."
Edit: Also, I was about to edit the first post to add that info, and I found it was already in there: "You probably will want to change the rules, found in the rules.lua file, and the quiz questions, which are related to the rules." (I have added that the quiz questions are also found in rules.lua to make things clearer.)

orwell
GitHub: orwell96
IRC: orwell96_mt
In-game: orwell

by orwell » Post

A nice idea and a nice mod!

Two things that could be done better:
1. Why is the player kicked if he doesn't agree to the rules? There should be an option to show a message to the player that he can only look around the server if he does not accept the rules instead of instantly kicking (or banning) him.
2. Could you please prefix your form names with "interact_" (like interact_welcome or interact_quiz) to avoid conflicts with other mods? (what if another mod is creating a form named "quiz" too?)

Nice work anyway!
Lua is great!
List of my mods
I like singing. I like dancing. I like ... niyummm...