[Mod] More technic mod features [technic_extras]

Hybrid Dog

[Mod] More technic mod features [technic_extras]

by Hybrid Dog » Sat Mar 28, 2015 08:16

This mod adds changes and additions to the technic mod.

For example, it allows pumping out items of generators (mv and hv) because by default people can't power it with lava buckets without taking the empty buckets from the generator manually. (viewtopic.php?f=21&t=11585&p=174212)

Furthermore, the music of music players can be changed by clicking on the top of them, a black light collecting node is added (as power source), the mk3 mining drill(s) work automatically, just hold the left mouse button, and much more, see the readme at github if you want to have a complete short list of additions, l don't update this topic description every time l add something.

Depends: default, technic
License: WTFPL
Download: zip, tar.gz
github: technic_extras

If you got ideas or found bugs, please tell them to me.

How to install a mod?
Attachments
screenshot_20150328_092813.png
(507.14 KiB) Not downloaded yet
Last edited by Hybrid Dog on Sat Sep 10, 2016 11:55, edited 9 times in total.

‮‪‮
‮‪‮
‮‪‮
‮‪‮
‮‪‮
‮‪‮
‮‪‮
‮‪‮
‮‪

Hybrid Dog

Re: [Mod] technic_extras [technic_extras]

by Hybrid Dog » Wed Apr 01, 2015 17:51

Without adding a lot lag, l made the mk3 mining drill(s) work automatically, hold left mouse button and aim nodes.

‮‪‮
‮‪‮
‮‪‮
‮‪‮
‮‪‮
‮‪‮
‮‪‮
‮‪‮
‮‪

hb.operandi

In-game: Belle

Re: [Mod] technic changes and additions [technic_extras]

by hb.operandi » Sun Sep 20, 2015 06:49

Hey, so you seem to be adding things to technic, I had a suggestion...

Would you be able to take a second swing at the [b]Thermometric Generator?[b/]
The way they work in the game is having them be between lava/water tiles...which is ridiculous considering the amount of detail all of the other machines have gone into for realism.

How they work is by utilizing the heat of the core to burn the water. In Starbound (where my machine making skills were honed) this was done by pumping the lava through pipes and into special nodes that needed to be submerged in water; which would eventually burn off and shut the machine down when dry.

The only way I can think of working this right now is with the pipes from [b]Pipeworks[b/] but as far as I know they can't handle lava...but then again I don't know how to change the .lua files so I don't know if that can be tweaked.

Can items be put in lava? If so a work around may be submerging the item in water and then having the cable (or maybe even a 'reciever') submerged in water.

Also, Thermoelectrics is way more powerful than solar so this should be a MV if not HV system.

I don't know if any of this is doable, but you seem intent on making the system better so I figured I'd put it here.

Cheers!

PS. If anything I said is unclear please let me know and I will rephrase it. :)
There is an art to flying, or rather a knack. Its knack lies in learning to throw yourself at the ground and miss. ... Clearly, it is this second part, the missing, that presents the difficulties."

my other life
http://hboperandi.blogspot.com/

Hybrid Dog

by Hybrid Dog » Sun Sep 20, 2015 07:06

hb.operandi wrote:Hey, so you seem to be adding things to technic, I had a suggestion...

Would you be able to take a second swing at the [b]Thermometric Generator?[b/]
The way they work in the game is having them be between lava/water tiles...which is ridiculous considering the amount of detail all of the other machines have gone into for realism.

How they work is by utilizing the heat of the core to burn the water. In Starbound (where my machine making skills were honed) this was done by pumping the lava through pipes and into special nodes that needed to be submerged in water; which would eventually burn off and shut the machine down when dry.

The only way I can think of working this right now is with the pipes from [b]Pipeworks[b/] but as far as I know they can't handle lava...but then again I don't know how to change the .lua files so I don't know if that can be tweaked.

Can items be put in lava? If so a work around may be submerging the item in water and then having the cable (or maybe even a 'reciever') submerged in water.

Also, Thermoelectrics is way more powerful than solar so this should be a MV if not HV system.

I don't know if any of this is doable, but you seem intent on making the system better so I figured I'd put it here.

Cheers!

PS. If anything I said is unclear please let me know and I will rephrase it. :)

This mod already adds a mk2 steam turbine using the pipeworks water pipes. Sadly currently there's no api for the liquid transportation pipes, so l don't add lava pipes to it yet.
https://github.com/VanessaE/pipeworks/issues/118

‮‪‮
‮‪‮
‮‪‮
‮‪‮
‮‪‮
‮‪‮
‮‪‮
‮‪‮
‮‪

hb.operandi

In-game: Belle

by hb.operandi » Sun Sep 20, 2015 08:40

Thank you for the consideration!
There is an art to flying, or rather a knack. Its knack lies in learning to throw yourself at the ground and miss. ... Clearly, it is this second part, the missing, that presents the difficulties."

my other life
http://hboperandi.blogspot.com/

Return to WIP Mods