This is a fairly simple warp mod, designed to make it easy for novice users to travel around a map without having to type in text commands, but without granting users permission to teleport to any location on the map.
Warps are created by the warp admin. Warp privilege needs to be granted to users (not enabled by default). The user can list and warp to the warp locations that exist.
Warp stones are available with /give and through a creative inventory. These stones work as one-way teleporters that can be programmed with a target by the warp_admin. No privileges are needed to use these warp stones. Users can't reprogram the target, only use it to warp. Users can also call the /warp command directly if they know the name of the warp location.
While warping, the user needs to stand still in one location for 5 seconds. This prevents combat escape and teleport overuse, as teleporting can cause large amounts of blocks to be loaded.
- /warp [warp name] - warp to a destination, if allowed and exists
- /listwarps [warp name] - list all known warp destinations
- /setwarp [warp name] - create a new, or modify a warp destination
- /delwarp [warp name] - remove a warp destination
- warps:warpstone - The warp stone node looks like a purple floating gem
- Punching the node initiates a warp, similar to typing the /warp command.
- Right-clicking the warpstone reprograms the target. By default there is no target set.
- Shift-punching (shift-left click) removes the warp stone from the map.
- warp_admin - allows creating, changing warps and modifying warp stones
- warp_user - allows listing warps, and using warps and warp stones
Warps are stored in a "warps.txt" file in the world folder. This file isn't meant to be editable, but it's format is trivial enough to edit it with a text editor.
Dependencies: None (default game only)
The project is on github, like my other mods:
Project page: https://github.com/minetest-mods/warps
Download latest version: https://github.com/minetest-mods/warps/ ... master.zip
License:: LGLPv21+ for code, CC-BY-SA-3.0 for models/textures, sounds are CC-BY-3.0 and CC-BY-NC-3.0
- Assign a cost to using a warpstone (item, other?)
- Permission audit
Check out my mods: