ANNOUNCE: "THE CREATIVE GARDENS" Server

redblade7

IRC: redneonglow redblade7
In-game: redblade7 redblade7_owner

Re: ANNOUNCE: "THE CREATIVE GARDENS" Server

by redblade7 » Fri Sep 28, 2018 07:35

The bees mod previously mentioned, which for a while I was able to stop crashing at the expense of the beehives being broken, has now been replaced with the nobees mod, which replaces beehives with tree stumps, and other bees mod items with stumps, wood, and honey blocks.

Note that this does not affect the bees that go hopping around, which you can craft into the more realistic looking hives that produce honey drops, which may be eaten or crafted into honey blocks. This is from the well-maintained mobs_redo animal mod.

This will make both Gardens and Farms overall faster and more stable. Thanks to LDH for putting the nobees mod together (I contributed to the code as well).

Additionally, there were some changes to the mesecons on Creative Gardens:

Several months ago, I put in the mese_restriction mod. This prevents abused, misused, and lag-causing mesecon items from being used without a "mesemaker" privilege. Installing this however had no effect on 2+ years worth of existing laggy mesecons machines. So I spent all night using Worldedit to clear out the banned mesecon items from tens-hundreds of millions of selected blocks at a time from the older-settled areas. This, combined with the bees removal, will speed things up over time.

There is a problem though - unremovable parts of pistons remain. If you run into one and it's a problem for you, ask me and I will worldedit it out.
-redblade7, admin of: THE CREATIVE GARDENS (creative), THE VALLEYS (sandbox), and THE DIGITAL FARMS (farming/hunger/shops)

redblade7

by redblade7 » Tue Mar 05, 2019 04:02

Creative Gardens will be migrated to Minetest v5 on Tuesday, March 19.

After this date you will need to upgrade to Minetest v5 to connect to the server.
-redblade7, admin of: THE CREATIVE GARDENS (creative), THE VALLEYS (sandbox), and THE DIGITAL FARMS (farming/hunger/shops)

redblade7

by redblade7 » Fri Mar 08, 2019 10:18

I recently came to the realization that I have been overly strict with griefers. For this reason I have removed most bans from The Creative Gardens.

From now on the majority of bans will be temporary, either 3 months or 6 months.

Note that work of griefers is often rolled back and/or protection blocks are removed, so most of these formerly banned users will be starting fresh.

redblade7

by redblade7 » Fri Aug 23, 2019 04:11

As Discord has become the main public place for many Minetest players, I have updated Rule #8 to include public Discord servers along with public IRC servers.

redblade7

by redblade7 » Thu Aug 29, 2019 07:08

redblade7 wrote:As Discord has become the main public place for many Minetest players, I have updated Rule #8 to include public Discord servers along with public IRC servers.

There is now an official Discord for The Creative Gardens, The Digital Farms, and The Valleys.

Current 50-use invite link (see the first post on this thread for the latest): https://discord.gg/25rzDUJ

It uses the discordmt mod by archfan7411 to allow chat between Minetest and Discord.

There's also voice chat and online radio stations.

Note that Discord has a minimum age requirement of 13.

redblade7

by redblade7 » Thu Sep 05, 2019 06:40

A common complaint is that I have the idle kick timer on my servers too low.

I've increased it to 20 minutes.

redblade7

by redblade7 » Sat Oct 05, 2019 19:01

I now have a new series on YouTube profiling The Creative Gardens. The first episode has been released. Videos are in 4K/60FPS and cover the best creations on the server.

Here is the YouTube playlist link:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1MkEVE1Ufc0&list=PLFGhWQKExtbgs8Guo1QiAwkMBF-7SCIfs

Please watch and subscribe to my channel for more Minetest videos.

EDIT 10/7/2019: The first video was removed due to bad audio quality, and the link will be replaced within the next few days.

EDIT 10/8/2019: Restored.

Previous

Return to Servers