Download the villages modpack here.
- mg_villages, which actually creates the villages
- handle_schematics, which is used to actually place the houses
- cottages, which allows medieval, lumberjack and many more village types to be generated
- moresnow for nicer snow on roofs, fences and the like
- mobf_trader in order to get traders inside the villages which allow you to trade when right-clicking them
- plus village_canadian, village_gambit, village_modern_houses, village_ruins, village_sandcity and village_towntest, which all add a new village type with new houses in diffrent styles. The individual village_* mods are also intended as an example of how you can create your own villages.
The normal Minetest Game already looks quite fine and produces nice medieval villages with this modpack.
A medieval village with the ethereal mod installed. Ethereal comes with a huge amount of intresting biomes.
A lumberjack village in the RealTest game. RealTest is quite diffrent from Minetest Game and might be something for you if you seek more realism/challenge. Getting high-quality metal tools requires some effort.
The DreamBuilder game is based on Minetest Game but comes with a huge amount of diffrent mods and good presets for people who prefer building over survival. It also includes very rich plantlife and thus creates beautiful villages. It is also more demanding on your hardware.