[Server] Survival X

pausc05
Member
 
Posts: 26
Joined: Sat Nov 03, 2018 08:35
GitHub: Piojoblanco
IRC: pausc05
In-game: pausc05

Re: [Server] Survival X

by pausc05 » Tue Dec 04, 2018 14:15

https://ibb.co/xLJkbGb

Hi ADMIN her player put protections in Andy2001 city
 

User avatar
bosapara
Member
 
Posts: 379
Joined: Fri Apr 07, 2017 08:49
GitHub: bosapara
In-game: Jozet

Re: [Server] Survival X

by bosapara » Tue Dec 04, 2018 15:00

If its allow to have a lot of generators, why it was deleted?

Built it special to show how distributor can effect on the lag

_______

My mistake. Lost 4000 generators, nice.


Image
 

User avatar
Enrikoo
Member
 
Posts: 396
Joined: Thu Nov 16, 2017 18:18
Location: Germany
GitHub: Enrikoo
IRC: Enrico - Enricoo - Enrlco
In-game: Enrico - Enriko

Re: [Server] Survival X

by Enrikoo » Tue Dec 04, 2018 15:29

bosapara wrote:If its allow to have a lot of generators, why it was deleted?

Built it special to show how distributor can effect on the lag

_______

My mistake. Lost 4000 generators, nice.


Image

Nice to see this image. It looks like evil bushes for me. Lol
 

User avatar
bosapara
Member
 
Posts: 379
Joined: Fri Apr 07, 2017 08:49
GitHub: bosapara
In-game: Jozet

Re: [Server] Survival X

by bosapara » Tue Dec 04, 2018 15:40

Enrikoo wrote:Image

Nice to see this image. It looks like evil bushes for me. Lol[/quote]

its good idea to delete trash from map, but for some case it might look awful
 

User avatar
SaKeL
Member
 
Posts: 651
Joined: Tue Apr 14, 2015 18:39
GitHub: JurajVajda
IRC: SaKeL
In-game: SaKeL

Re: [Server] Survival X

by SaKeL » Tue Dec 04, 2018 15:59

bosapara wrote:If its allow to have a lot of generators, why it was deleted?

Built it special to show how distributor can effect on the lag

_______

My mistake. Lost 4000 generators, nice.


Image


you should read the message you get when you login with new account - else your new account will be removed + all the stuff you have placed, other option is that you logged in to an account what wasn't active for more than a year and got cleaned up - or the owner of those blocks you posted in the screenshot wasnt active for more than a year.
 

User avatar
bosapara
Member
 
Posts: 379
Joined: Fri Apr 07, 2017 08:49
GitHub: bosapara
In-game: Jozet

Re: [Server] Survival X

by bosapara » Tue Dec 04, 2018 16:52

SaKeL wrote:you should read the message you get when you login with new account - else your new account will be removed + all the stuff you have placed, other option is that you logged in to an account what wasn't active for more than a year and got cleaned up - or the owner of those blocks you posted in the screenshot wasnt active for more than a year.


All ok, as i told in update its only my mistake:)

SaKeL wrote:This is a known issue, also many other ones are know by this mod. I am slowly revising the whole basic_machines code and will do some improvements in the future, but it will be slow due to the large amount of code. If you want to help with improving this mod on Survival X you can create pull request on my repository.


How about just restore code that works good from original mod? (basic machines)
 

User avatar
SaKeL
Member
 
Posts: 651
Joined: Tue Apr 14, 2015 18:39
GitHub: JurajVajda
IRC: SaKeL
In-game: SaKeL

Re: [Server] Survival X

by SaKeL » Tue Dec 04, 2018 16:58

How about just restore code that works good from original mod? (basic machines)


The original mod does not include the farming reverse placement for default farming, what was fixed, also it has many other bugs what has been fixed on the server - number handeling, infinite number hadeling, nan handeling, item strings and itemstack bugs, ...why i should revert all these fixes and let people duplicate stuff again with 7k diamonds in one stack and let them crash the server when they put wrong input in the input fields of machines? I think with so many things what have been already fixed reverting would be a downgrade.
 

User avatar
bosapara
Member
 
Posts: 379
Joined: Fri Apr 07, 2017 08:49
GitHub: bosapara
In-game: Jozet

Re: [Server] Survival X

by bosapara » Tue Dec 04, 2018 17:12

SaKeL wrote:
How about just restore code that works good from original mod? (basic machines)


The original mod does not include the farming reverse placement for default farming, what was fixed, also it has many other bugs what has been fixed on the server - number handeling, infinite number hadeling, nan handeling, item strings and itemstack bugs, ...why i should revert all these fixes and let people duplicate stuff again with 7k diamonds in one stack and let them crash the server when they put wrong input in the input fields of machines? I think with so many things what have been already fixed reverting would be a downgrade.



I understood you, finaly. If something fixed, something can break.
 

User avatar
SaKeL
Member
 
Posts: 651
Joined: Tue Apr 14, 2015 18:39
GitHub: JurajVajda
IRC: SaKeL
In-game: SaKeL

Re: [Server] Survival X

by SaKeL » Tue Dec 04, 2018 17:22

If something fixed, something can break.


specially true when you are trying to "fix" someones else complex code, just so the server stops crashing while you don't have time for the game 24/7 and didn't sign up for this :)
 

samec
Member
 
Posts: 37
Joined: Fri Aug 10, 2018 21:02
In-game: bobo

Re: [Server] Survival X

by samec » Tue Dec 04, 2018 17:34

SaKeL wrote:Theoretically it works correct though since you are trying to place node to a node which is not buildable_to then it builds to node under as per minetest game default

Ah, so it is not a bug, but a feature? But what is a purpose of the feature?
 

User avatar
SaKeL
Member
 
Posts: 651
Joined: Tue Apr 14, 2015 18:39
GitHub: JurajVajda
IRC: SaKeL
In-game: SaKeL

Re: [Server] Survival X

by SaKeL » Tue Dec 04, 2018 18:44

samec wrote:
SaKeL wrote:Theoretically it works correct though since you are trying to place node to a node which is not buildable_to then it builds to node under as per minetest game default

Ah, so it is not a bug, but a feature? But what is a purpose of the feature?

Its used for player on_place you cab find it builtin i think
 

User avatar
m8ii
Member
 
Posts: 68
Joined: Fri Dec 02, 2016 11:28

End

by m8ii » Wed Dec 05, 2018 08:29

Generators - limited.
Stacking more 99 - disabled.
Moderators - removed.
Killing - limited.

What will be tomorrow?
2016-12-02 17:20:25: ACTION[Server]: singleplayer places node default:furnace at (402,-47,349)
 

abramcoc
New member
 
Posts: 4
Joined: Tue Nov 06, 2018 18:01
GitHub: abramcoc
IRC: _z
In-game: _z

Re: [Server] Survival X

by abramcoc » Wed Dec 05, 2018 14:35

Hello ADMIN Look at my messages in discord pls , thank :)
 

Nico2002Nico
Member
 
Posts: 23
Joined: Sat Nov 24, 2018 12:22
GitHub: xXNicoXx
IRC: xXNicoXx
In-game: xXNicoXx

Re: End

by Nico2002Nico » Wed Dec 05, 2018 16:25

m8ii wrote:Generators - limited.
Stacking more 99 - disabled.
Moderators - removed.
Killing - limited.

What will be tomorrow?


No body Know what will happend but that make it exiting
 

Nico2002Nico
Member
 
Posts: 23
Joined: Sat Nov 24, 2018 12:22
GitHub: xXNicoXx
IRC: xXNicoXx
In-game: xXNicoXx

Re: [Server] Survival X

by Nico2002Nico » Wed Dec 05, 2018 18:52

SaKeL wrote:UPDATE
* added, revived and updated beautiful old Splizard's/LazyJ's Christmas tree
* look for the sapling recipe in the crafting guide

Image

have fun!


how the sapling grow up?
 

User avatar
Sheriff
Member
 
Posts: 76
Joined: Thu Nov 09, 2017 21:25

Re: [Server] Survival X

by Sheriff » Wed Dec 05, 2018 19:11

samec wrote:Deep Dark and Dirty underground, but not so much
Image


If you haven't seen it already, follow the directions on that sign and look at your radar map view. You'll see an awesome photograph that bobo painstakingly created on the map. I still don't know how he did it, but it's pretty darn amazing. It's pixel art done in a way I've never seen before.
 

User avatar
SaKeL
Member
 
Posts: 651
Joined: Tue Apr 14, 2015 18:39
GitHub: JurajVajda
IRC: SaKeL
In-game: SaKeL

Re: [Server] Survival X

by SaKeL » Thu Dec 06, 2018 00:31

Nico2002Nico wrote:
SaKeL wrote:UPDATE
* added, revived and updated beautiful old Splizard's/LazyJ's Christmas tree
* look for the sapling recipe in the crafting guide

Image

have fun!


how the sapling grow up?


Same as any other sapling in the game
 

User avatar
SaKeL
Member
 
Posts: 651
Joined: Tue Apr 14, 2015 18:39
GitHub: JurajVajda
IRC: SaKeL
In-game: SaKeL

Re: End

by SaKeL » Fri Dec 07, 2018 00:30

m8ii wrote:Generators - limited.
Stacking more 99 - disabled.
Moderators - removed.
Killing - limited.

What will be tomorrow?


..fixing another BUG ?
 

User avatar
bosapara
Member
 
Posts: 379
Joined: Fri Apr 07, 2017 08:49
GitHub: bosapara
In-game: Jozet

Re: [Server] Survival X

by bosapara » Fri Dec 07, 2018 09:18

Some ideas
1. Add some delay and move detection when player use teleport or home button
An example player use /home and not moved - > server tp player. If player moved after using teleport - > teleport closed. It can add some balance to survival game. You can't just tp from monster, before you need to find safe place.
2. Teleports and homes commands can be used without any restrictions and delay. How about to add some delay an example 5 secs to this commands? Similar restrictions already added to /mapfix command
3. Even after adding player to ignore list, they can spam you with /tpr. Any fix?
 

User avatar
SaKeL
Member
 
Posts: 651
Joined: Tue Apr 14, 2015 18:39
GitHub: JurajVajda
IRC: SaKeL
In-game: SaKeL
 

samec
Member
 
Posts: 37
Joined: Fri Aug 10, 2018 21:02
In-game: bobo

Re: [Server] Survival X

by samec » Sun Dec 09, 2018 10:32

bosapara wrote:Some ideas
1. Add some delay and move detection when player use teleport or home button
An example player use /home and not moved - > server tp player. If player moved after using teleport - > teleport closed. It can add some balance to survival game. You can't just tp from monster, before you need to find safe place.
2. Teleports and homes commands can be used without any restrictions and delay. How about to add some delay an example 5 secs to this commands? Similar restrictions already added to /mapfix command
3. Even after adding player to ignore list, they can spam you with /tpr. Any fix?

It will be problem to teleport from water or from a free fall if the motion detection will be also in an Y direction.
Don't put delay to teleport machines.
 

User avatar
bosapara
Member
 
Posts: 379
Joined: Fri Apr 07, 2017 08:49
GitHub: bosapara
In-game: Jozet

Re: [Server] Survival X

by bosapara » Sun Dec 09, 2018 11:43

samec wrote:It will be problem to teleport from water or from a free fall if the motion detection will be also in an Y direction.
Don't put delay to teleport machines.


Yep, player will search safe place for teleport. Im not offered delay for machines tp, only for tpy/tpr/tphr, /home and unified_inventory home button commands.
 

SUSLIK
New member
 
Posts: 4
Joined: Sun Mar 04, 2018 20:57

Re: [Server] Survival X

by SUSLIK » Tue Dec 11, 2018 22:09

Hello, SaKeL
I have an interesting bug. With the help of placer, I was able to place the protection blocks in the barlog arena. But I do not have the opportunity to remove them. Plz, don't ban me :D
Attachments
Снимок экрана от 2018-12-11 23-59-10.png
(927.36 KiB) Not downloaded yet
 

User avatar
SaKeL
Member
 
Posts: 651
Joined: Tue Apr 14, 2015 18:39
GitHub: JurajVajda
IRC: SaKeL
In-game: SaKeL

Re: [Server] Survival X

by SaKeL » Tue Dec 11, 2018 22:32

SUSLIK wrote:Hello, SaKeL
I have an interesting bug. With the help of placer, I was able to place the protection blocks in the barlog arena. But I do not have the opportunity to remove them. Plz, don't ban me :D

Thanks for letting me know..dont worry
 

pausc05
Member
 
Posts: 26
Joined: Sat Nov 03, 2018 08:35
GitHub: Piojoblanco
IRC: pausc05
In-game: pausc05

Re: [Server] Survival X

by pausc05 » Wed Dec 12, 2018 14:28

https://ibb.co/sq3SzZ0
Hi SaKeL the player Andy2001, He is insulting me all the time and he has no punishment.
 

PreviousNext

Return to Servers



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 2 guests