[mod] kaeza's/VanessaE's signs library [signs_lib][git]

skiphoppy

Re: [mod] kaeza's/VanessaE's signs library [signs_lib][git]

by skiphoppy » Post

I think maybe I found a module dependency that isn't noted in basic_signs. Looks like it requires a sheet_metal item I don't have - I'm guessing that's from this steel mod? viewtopic.php?id=2014

VanessaE
GitHub: VanessaE
IRC: VanessaE
In-game: VanessaE

by VanessaE » Post

That's from Zeg9's steel mod. I somehow got roped into maintaining it. :-)

My fork can be found here: https://gitlab.com/VanessaE/steel

I often don't make one mod depend on another if the latter is only there to supply materials for crafting. That way creative servers need fewer mods.
You might like some of my stuff: Plantlife ~ More Trees ~ Home Decor ~ Pipeworks ~ HDX Textures (64-512px)

skiphoppy

by skiphoppy » Post

VanessaE wrote:
Thu Apr 16, 2020 04:11
That's from Zeg9's steel mod. I somehow got roped into maintaining it. :-)

My fork can be found here: https://gitlab.com/VanessaE/steel

I often don't make one mod depend on another if the latter is only there to supply materials for crafting. That way creative servers need fewer mods.
I can't find sheet metal in there - is it possible it got moved to a different mod?

I see the recipe from Zeg9's steel thread; if I can get the icon I can create it all... any chance this one item could be added into the basic materials mod?

skiphoppy

by skiphoppy » Post

I grabbed the whole dreambuilder modpack hoping it would be in there, but I didn't find it there, either. I'm probably missing something very obvious. :)

VanessaE

by VanessaE » Post

I guess I was wrong about the sheet metal. Maybe that was in an old fork of mine or something. I suppose basic_materials is a suitable place for it then.

BUT, I seem to recall having changed all metal signs in signs_lib and basic_signs to be made from the default steel sign, some time back. So maybe we first need to sort that out, then define a use-case for sheet metal.
You might like some of my stuff: Plantlife ~ More Trees ~ Home Decor ~ Pipeworks ~ HDX Textures (64-512px)

skiphoppy

by skiphoppy » Post

Thanks for taking a look!

luvo
GitHub: lulivi
IRC: luvo
In-game: Luvo

by luvo » Post

Hello! I recently joined the community. I tried the signs_lib mod for a friends server and found that, for example, the ñ character is not correct renderized (__ instead). I searched this post and found arround 2016 some comments talking about ISO/IEC 8859-1 support, but I can't make it work. Any idea?

I'm using last version (5.3.0) from minetest from github, last version of minetest_game also from source and the master branch of this mod (b633a4b commit). I'm testing only that mod and unified_inventory. Also I tried to change the language to Spanish, but nothing changed (even with the /regen_signs command).

Thanks in advance!

JoshMars
In-game: rubber UbuntuJosh

by JoshMars » Post

luvo wrote:
Sat May 23, 2020 21:24
Hello! I recently joined the community. I tried the signs_lib mod for a friends server and found that, for example, the ñ character is not correct renderized (__ instead). I searched this post and found arround 2016 some comments talking about ISO/IEC 8859-1 support, but I can't make it work. Any idea?

I'm using last version (5.3.0) from minetest from github, last version of minetest_game also from source and the master branch of this mod (b633a4b commit). I'm testing only that mod and unified_inventory. Also I tried to change the language to Spanish, but nothing changed (even with the /regen_signs command).

Thanks in advance!
This kind of question is repeatedly ignored in this thread. The lack of documentation/guide for adding support for other characters within ISO/IEC 8859-1 (which this thread suggests is supported) is frustrating.

VanessaE

by VanessaE » Post

The problem with other languages isn't that they're being ignored, it's that signs_lib has to render the sign text server-side using hand-drawn bitmapped fonts, so changing your system or Minetest language settings will have no effect.

To my knowledge, only Latin and Cyrillic are supported right now, but it shouldn't be hard to get other languages in there. Pull requests welcome, as always.