[Mod] Extra TNT blast effects [tnt_extras]

red-001
Member
 
Posts: 205
Joined: Tue Jan 26, 2016 20:15
GitHub: red-001
IRC: red-001

[Mod] Extra TNT blast effects [tnt_extras]

by red-001 » Tue Jan 26, 2016 20:47

This mod adds extra TNT blast effects. It changes stone like nodes into gravel or rarely into lava source blocks, sand-like blocks into glass fragments and makes obsidian, obsidian brick, mese and diamond blocks resistant to TNT(they will still get damaged but only rarely)

If you have any ideas/suggestions post them here, make a Github issue or let me know on IRC
License
This mod is released under WTFPL
Dependencies
Required: default, vessels, nyancat (in default game)
Optional: xdecor
Download
Browse the Github repository
Download form Github
 

User avatar
DS-minetest
Member
 
Posts: 1025
Joined: Thu Jun 19, 2014 19:49
Location: in front of my pc (which is at home)
GitHub: DS-Minetest
In-game: DS

Re: [mod]Extra TNT blast effects[tnt_extras]

by DS-minetest » Thu Jan 28, 2016 15:52

That is a really good idea, but brick is made by a Person, you should add obsidian cobble or handle it like mese block
Do not call me -minetest.
Call me DS or DS-minetest.
I am German, so you don't have to pm me English if you are also German.
The background is a lie.
 

red-001
Member
 
Posts: 205
Joined: Tue Jan 26, 2016 20:15
GitHub: red-001
IRC: red-001
 

User avatar
benrob0329
Member
 
Posts: 1238
Joined: Thu Aug 06, 2015 22:39
Location: Michigan
GitHub: Benrob0329
IRC: benrob0329
In-game: benrob03

Re: [mod]Extra TNT blast effects[tnt_extras]

by benrob0329 » Thu Jan 28, 2016 20:33

This is something that should have been in default long ago, at least now its a mod!

Thanks red-001!
 

User avatar
TailsTheFoxDoes MT
Member
 
Posts: 415
Joined: Mon Jan 18, 2016 20:50
Location: Mobius
In-game: TailsTheFox

Re: [mod]Extra TNT blast effects[tnt_extras]

by TailsTheFoxDoes MT » Sat Jan 30, 2016 06:35

red-001 wrote:This mod adds extra TNT blast effects. It changes stone like nodes into gravel or rarely into lava source blocks, sand-like blocks into glass fragments and makes obsidian, obsidian brick, mese and diamond blocks resistant to TNT(they will still get damaged but only rarely)

If you have any ideas/suggestions post them here, make a Github issue or let me know on IRC
License
This mod is released under WTFPL
Download
Browse the Github repository
Download form Github


Can you make it have this cool dropping effect that normally applies to Minecraft, so basically, it jumps up a little off of the block it is on and starts blinking and then explodes, can you make it do that, or is there another mod that has the effect i'm talking about.
I'm the TailsTMM of minetest, in other words, i rock.
BRAAAAAZZZZAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
BTW it means TailsTheMeseMinecart, but that isn't my name, it's just a way of saying that i basically do the same thing Dantdm does but i do it with minetest And you problably can't see the invisible ink.
My mods:
My first mod:tails_boss

Mob_pack now has voice acting! Do you want YOUR VOICE included? Look in my posts for the thread!
 

sofar
Developer
 
Posts: 1765
Joined: Fri Jan 16, 2015 07:31
GitHub: sofar
IRC: sofar
In-game: sofar

Re: [mod]Extra TNT blast effects[tnt_extras]

by sofar » Sat Jan 30, 2016 08:28

TailsTheFoxDoes MT wrote:Can you make it have this cool dropping effect that normally applies to Minecraft, so basically, it jumps up a little off of the block it is on and starts blinking and then explodes, can you make it do that, or is there another mod that has the effect i'm talking about.


I think red-001 and me will be overhauling the TNT mod in the upcoming period... This effect is one of the things we may indeed add.
 

red-001
Member
 
Posts: 205
Joined: Tue Jan 26, 2016 20:15
GitHub: red-001
IRC: red-001

Re: [mod]Extra TNT blast effects[tnt_extras]

by red-001 » Sat Jan 30, 2016 12:34

TailsTheFoxDoes MT wrote:
Can you make it have this cool dropping effect that normally applies to Minecraft, so basically, it jumps up a little off of the block it is on and starts blinking and then explodes, can you make it do that, or is there another mod that has the effect I'm talking about.


I will think about it, but it might mean copying large parts of the TNT source code. It should be easier to do it in the (hopefully) near future when TNT finally has an API, I am currently working on a pull request to minetest game to add that.
 

User avatar
DS-minetest
Member
 
Posts: 1025
Joined: Thu Jun 19, 2014 19:49
Location: in front of my pc (which is at home)
GitHub: DS-Minetest
In-game: DS

Re: [mod]Extra TNT blast effects[tnt_extras]

by DS-minetest » Sat Jan 30, 2016 14:16

TailsTheFoxDoes MT wrote:
red-001 wrote:This mod adds extra TNT blast effects. It changes stone like nodes into gravel or rarely into lava source blocks, sand-like blocks into glass fragments and makes obsidian, obsidian brick, mese and diamond blocks resistant to TNT(they will still get damaged but only rarely)

If you have any ideas/suggestions post them here, make a Github issue or let me know on IRC
License
This mod is released under WTFPL
Download
Browse the Github repository
Download form Github


Can you make it have this cool dropping effect that normally applies to Minecraft, so basically, it jumps up a little off of the block it is on and starts blinking and then explodes, can you make it do that, or is there another mod that has the effect i'm talking about.

the nuke mod adds jumping tnt, because it makes the tnt to an object, u cant do this with a node
Do not call me -minetest.
Call me DS or DS-minetest.
I am German, so you don't have to pm me English if you are also German.
The background is a lie.
 

User avatar
azekill_DIABLO
Member
 
Posts: 7460
Joined: Wed Oct 29, 2014 20:05
Location: OMICRON
GitHub: azekillDIABLO
In-game: azekill_DIABLO
 

snoopy
Member
 
Posts: 34
Joined: Thu Oct 20, 2016 16:49

failed to load - Extra TNT blast effects[tnt_extras]

by snoopy » Sun Oct 23, 2016 04:47

There seems to be an issue with the current module as of 2016-01-28 running on a local 0.4.14 dedicated server. I copied your module from the minetest-mods project.

Code: Select all
2016-10-23 05:47:27: ERROR[Main]: ModError: Failed to load and run script from /Users/xxx/Library/Application Support/minetest/mods/tnt_extras/init.lua:
2016-10-23 05:47:27: ERROR[Main]: ...ry/Application Support/minetest/mods/tnt_extras/init.lua:40: Attempt to override non-existent item default:nyancat
2016-10-23 05:47:27: ERROR[Main]: stack traceback:
2016-10-23 05:47:27: ERROR[Main]:    [C]: in function 'error'
2016-10-23 05:47:27: ERROR[Main]:    ...inetest.app/Contents/Resources/builtin/game/register.lua:381: in function 'override_item'
2016-10-23 05:47:27: ERROR[Main]:    ...ry/Application Support/minetest/mods/tnt_extras/init.lua:40: in function 'register_blast_resistant'
2016-10-23 05:47:27: ERROR[Main]:    ...ry/Application Support/minetest/mods/tnt_extras/init.lua:76: in main chunk

There was no such issue with 0.4.13 and an older version of this mod if I recall correctly.

Thanks.
Enjoying Minetest by Neoascetic's and Morn76's builds on Mac OS X 10.11.6 clients with local server and several modifications.
 

red-001
Member
 
Posts: 205
Joined: Tue Jan 26, 2016 20:15
GitHub: red-001
IRC: red-001
 

snoopy
Member
 
Posts: 34
Joined: Thu Oct 20, 2016 16:49

Re: [mod]Extra TNT blast effects[tnt_extras]

by snoopy » Fri Oct 28, 2016 21:41

red-001 wrote:Updated the mod, the issue should be fixed now.

snoopy wrote:Re: failed to load - Extra TNT blast effects[tnt_extras]
There seems to be an issue with the current module as of 2016-01-28 running on a local 0.4.14 dedicated server. I copied your module from the minetest-mods project.


Thank you very much for the excellent support. Our mines and dungeons will get some blasts soon, I fear. :)
Enjoying Minetest by Neoascetic's and Morn76's builds on Mac OS X 10.11.6 clients with local server and several modifications.
 

snoopy
Member
 
Posts: 34
Joined: Thu Oct 20, 2016 16:49

Re: [mod]Extra TNT blast effects[tnt_extras]

by snoopy » Sat Oct 29, 2016 10:16

Unfortunately there seem to be issues after the update and some side effects to other mods.

Some examples are:
Code: Select all
ERROR[Server]: Item "default:cobble_microslab" not defined
ERROR[Server]: Item "default:cobble_outerstair" not defined


Side effect with the xdecor mod: The default:cobble cannot be put into the 'cut by saw' field of the working bench when tnt_extras is loaded. This field would allow the crafting of the a.m. and other default nodes.

Presumably your mod makes redefinitions of several default nodes with unwanted side effects which cause the a.m. issues?
Enjoying Minetest by Neoascetic's and Morn76's builds on Mac OS X 10.11.6 clients with local server and several modifications.
 

red-001
Member
 
Posts: 205
Joined: Tue Jan 26, 2016 20:15
GitHub: red-001
IRC: red-001

Re: [mod]Extra TNT blast effects[tnt_extras]

by red-001 » Sat Oct 29, 2016 12:55

Looks like xdecor doesn't allow cutting nodes that have on_blast callbacks. I added a workaround that makes sure xdecor is always loaded before this mod. That should fix the issue.
 


Return to Mod Releases



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot] and 5 guests