[Server] Not So Simple Server

taikedz

GitHub: taikedz
IRC: DuCake
In-game: DuCake

Re: [Server] Not So Simple Server

by taikedz » Sat Dec 29, 2018 19:10

I've brought something back online. Unmoderated, minimally maintained.

* not-so-simple-server.duckdns.org
    * port 30000

taikedz

by taikedz » Sat Jan 05, 2019 03:31

Continued making adjustments. Most mobs should now be fixed - ice mobs don't ice bones, spider ducks don't obliterate protections, and so far most of the mobs I've tested don't crash the game.

Digging cobwebs gives cotton strands, so you'll be able to get wool - and you'll be wanting that for your backpacks!

I've also fixed the spears so that they're more effective at hitting mobs when thrown.

Protectors also act as inhibitors, all inhibition happens in a 8x8x8 radius around the block, or in a 16x16x16 block if you wish to think of it that way.

Other non-NSSM items of note:

* You can invite other players to your chat channel
* You can invite other players to share your spawn

I encourage you to use these facilities. They allow for team play, and also I spent a lot of time on them :-p

parasite

GitHub: Parasitoid

by parasite » Sat Jan 05, 2019 14:54

taikedz wrote:
    * not-so-simple-server.duckdns.org
    * port 30000

Hi!
I tryed, but so far the server was laggy for me, and that lag extremely increased when mob was close, so I couldn`t do anything then.

taikedz

by taikedz » Sat Jan 05, 2019 20:05

parasite wrote:Hi!
I tryed, but so far the server was laggy for me, and that lag extremely increased when mob was close, so I couldn`t do anything then.

Hullo,

Sorry to hear it was laggy - that's not what I expect.... The server is located in the UK, are you playing from outside Europe perchance...?

Thanks for taking a look!

parasite

by parasite » Sat Jan 12, 2019 10:58

taikedz wrote:Sorry to hear it was laggy - that's not what I expect....
But maybe other players will have less lag. It is still funny to see all those creatures spawn all around you and below too. Also that was funny when soon after login my spawn was covered with spider webs :D

taikedz wrote:The server is located in the UK, are you playing from outside Europe perchance...?
Well, it seems that the UK is outside the Europe now, and maybe that explain why connection from Europe can be so laggy ;)) (bad joke)

taikedz

by taikedz » Sat Jan 12, 2019 20:17

parasite wrote:Also that was funny when soon after login my spawn was covered with spider webs :D

... I'm thinking of adding functionality to the NSSM hoes which allow cotton harvesting, because those spider webs have been the bane of everybody so far... :-/

parasite wrote:Well, it seems that the UK is outside the Europe now, and maybe that explain why connection from Europe can be so laggy ;)) (bad joke)

I know :'-( :sadface: :despair: :hummus:

parasite

by parasite » Sun Jan 13, 2019 12:00

taikedz wrote:... I'm thinking of adding functionality to the NSSM hoes which allow cotton harvesting, because those spider webs have been the bane of everybody so far... :-/
But swords can harvest those webs. Cobble sword can`t do that, but iron sword can. Also your default sword, that green one, wich looks like cucumber, can dig those webs, so I guess that clearing from (or harvesting) spiders webs is general property of all swords stronger than cobble one.

Edit: You have an unknown item -> mobs:rabbid_hide

taikedz

by taikedz » Sun Jan 13, 2019 13:23

@parasite There have been more spider webs than you can imagine by the jungles....!
Thanks for letting me know about missing item

@all
I also have had problems with the randomized spawner, meaning new players have not been receiving spawn points, please bear with as I sort it out :-(

Chem871

GitHub: Chemguy99
In-game: Nyx Serris

by Chem871 » Sun Jan 13, 2019 13:52

Just so you know, if anyone manages to get to Morlendor, several of the 7 weapons are broken, and will crash the server when used, specifically the Sword of Envy, and the Axe of Pride.
What is SCP-055 again? I forgot.

taikedz

by taikedz » Mon Jan 14, 2019 11:55

Is that on the server or in the original mod ? I've been using those weapons for fun locally and in my own space... no crash so far ... unless it was a recent update...

Chem871

GitHub: Chemguy99
In-game: Nyx Serris

by Chem871 » Mon Jan 14, 2019 13:40

Well, if you've fixed them so that they now work, great.
What is SCP-055 again? I forgot.

taikedz

by taikedz » Mon Jan 14, 2019 13:48

I did work on the weapons a week or so ago... and they've been working fine. I do know I made a change to one of them which broke something (I do not recall what), but I backed that change out....

You can give it a try in your local game if you want https://github.com/taikedz-mt/nssm

taikedz

by taikedz » Thu Jan 17, 2019 02:58

Right. War on webs.

The NSSM hoes were pretty pointless; they have been replaced with Scickles. These Scickles (ant and felucco) make quick work of whole clumps of cobwebs!

Also the Icelamander boss is back in action (it was trapping itself in its own ice....!), and some mob fixes were added - birds don't just sink in water anymore >:-)

Previous

Return to Servers