[Server] Must Test

GoldFireUn
GitHub: BluebirdGreycoat
In-game: GoldFireUn

Re: [Server] Must Test

by GoldFireUn » Post

I've added the map on the server's website. I hope the credits are satisfactory!

parasite
GitHub: Parasitoid

by parasite » Post

GoldFireUn wrote:I've added the map on the server's website. I hope the credits are satisfactory!
Yes, of course! But I thought you will rather replace old with new one. Is there a need to keep that deprecated version?

GoldFireUn

by GoldFireUn » Post

Not really, I just thought it would be good to keep the old one for history. But I've hidden it now.

BBmine
GitHub: BBmine
IRC: BBmine
In-game: Baggins

by BBmine » Post

GoldFireUn wrote:Well, if you don't recall gathering that stuff yourself, you should probably change your password.
But...but then I'll have to change my password on every MT server out there! :(

parasite
GitHub: Parasitoid

by parasite » Post

GoldFireUn wrote:Not really, I just thought it would be good to keep the old one for history. But I've hidden it now.
Oh I forgot to place on map that there is "changelog" ingame. Your public announcements leters (some of them) are stored on "board" for history lol
BBmine wrote:Where did all THIS come from??
You spend too much time in the Pickaxe Pub. It's no wonder you do not remember what you did later :D

GoldFireUn

by GoldFireUn » Post

Busy upgrading server OS (finished), now upgrading map database from postgres 9.5 to 10 or whatever. This part looks like it's going to take awhile.

GoldFireUn

by GoldFireUn » Post

Heh, I see I have to recompile Minetest, too. At least the database upgrade worked ... I think!

GoldFireUn

by GoldFireUn » Post

Server is back online! I'll be keeping the old database around as backup in case something turns out not to have gone right. Everything looks good though, so far.

GoldFireUn

by GoldFireUn » Post

Weekly map generation is re-enabled, after a long period of non-functionality. I had to switch to another mapping program, the stock version was using an inefficient SQL statement that was causing it to run out of memory.

TK Ethan
IRC: MangoNinja
In-game: MangoNinja

by TK Ethan » Post

Cool! Thanks for putting the map back up.
Jesus Loves You!
My in game name is MangoNinja.And i play the server of MustTest

GoldFireUn

by GoldFireUn » Post

I've added a new page to the server's website, displaying a zoom/pan map.

Link! http://arklegacy.duckdns.org/roaming.html

The (non-stock) mapper program comes from here: https://github.com/adrido/minetest-mapper-cpp The stock version can't handle huge (30+GB) postgres map databases as of this writing.

TK Ethan
IRC: MangoNinja
In-game: MangoNinja

by TK Ethan » Post

Hey MustTest maybe you would consider someday having a IRC for your server. Because you do already have the chat log, so maybe one day you could do it. :)
Jesus Loves You!
My in game name is MangoNinja.And i play the server of MustTest

sorcerykid
GitHub: sorcerykid
In-game: Nemo

by sorcerykid » Post

Very impressive, I can't wait till I have more time to play again. Super busy lately, but I hope to be back very soon :D

DragonsVolcanoDance
IRC: DragonGirl
In-game: DragonsVolcanoDance

by DragonsVolcanoDance » Post

Disturbing.

DragonsVolcanoDance
IRC: DragonGirl
In-game: DragonsVolcanoDance

by DragonsVolcanoDance » Post

Recently, the largest known group of players to do the nether challenge together crawled their way out of hell and claimed victory in the surface city. The starting players were nhryciw1, Prairiesky, Dresdan, Greybeard, Nakilashiva, StarNinjas, Meechie, and I. Later on GoldFireUn magically appeared and kievski who was also doing a nether challenge happened to only be a few thousand blocks away and dug his way over to us to join our party.

As of writing this I still don't know if Meechie, kievski or StarNinjas actually claimed victory yet, but there is a teleport chain to the city center so it shouldn't be long.

There were a lot of us and only a few supplies to go around at first but after a week or so of tunneling up through 5000 nodes of red rock, making several bases along the way, and GoldFireUn trying to get us all to kill each other, we made it into the stone layer where nhryciw1 found obsidian and began constructing obsidian gates to get closer to the surface. As expected 90% of his total deaths were probably from portal sickness.

We made 4 main bases, the first, of course being at our starting point was named Alpha. After an accident of brimstone ocean flowing down into our tree & bluegrass farm, Dresdan, nhryciw1 and I relocated our base in the cavern above the brimstone ocean islands, which was named Bravo. At this base we recreated our tree and bluegrass farm, and the rest of the group soon moved their supplies and beds up to it.

Afterwards we moved again when we found much needed iron some 200-300 nodes (I think?) above Bravo and made a new base which was named Charlie. Players never stopped digging upwards and it wasn't much later when a small mining base named Delta was built for the shaft makers. A few miles up the same shaft a new base was built which we called Echo. Again, players never stopped digging upward as the stone layer was getting closer and people were eager to leave the red realm and rest their eyes upon some gray rocks!

From Echo, we again took our climbing picks and began tunneling upwards until we reached another nether cavern.
In this cavern we managed to quite literally cobble together a tiny base which was called Temp G1, approximately 1500 meters below the stone layer. After some mishaps Greybeard and I took our picks and flints and began the last vertical tunnel through the nether until we reached the stone layer, where we made a base and named it Tranquility. It was the last, and largest base we built before nhryciw1 began the obsidian gate chain to the surface.

Of course, this is a very brief summary of all that happened on our journey upwards, but I took a lot of screenshots to give people a better idea of what it was like!
+ Spoiler

sorcerykid
GitHub: sorcerykid
In-game: Nemo

by sorcerykid » Post

I reaaelly miss playing here, as this is one of my favourite servers! If only I didn't have connection problems, I would like to join and see everyone again.