MineClone 2 is a survival sandbox game. Survive, gather, hunt, build, explore, and do much more.
This goal of this project is to create a free clone of Minecraft.
- Download version 0.75.0 (for Minetest 5.4.1 / 5.5.0) (ca. 32 MiB)
- Download version 0.71.0 (for Minetest 5.3.0 / 5.4.0) (ca. 28 MiB)
- Download version 0.70.0 (for Minetest 5.3.0) (ca. 28 MiB)
- Download version 0.66.2 (for Minetest 5.2.0 / 5.3.0) (ca. 25 MiB)
- Download version 0.62.0 (for Minetest 5.1.0) (ca. 25 MiB)
- Download version 0.48.1 (for Minetest 0.4.16 and 0.4.17) (ca. 24 MiB)
- Download version 0.21.0 (for Minetest 0.4.15) (ca. 21 MiB)
- More information in the README file
- IMPORTANT: Only use the designated Minetest version! Developer versions of Minetest are NOT supported!
- Overall license: GPLv3 or later
- Mod/data licenses: CC BY-SA 3.0
- Note some mods and media files might have additional (more liberal) licenses that you can choose. See README.md for details
- Join the official IRC chatroom: #mineclone2 on irc.freenode.net (Webchat)
- Official MineClone2 discord
- MineClone2-enabled mods
- Texture packs: REFI, Unofficial Official Textures, MTG4MCL2
- Status: ALPHA VERSION!. It's fully playable, but many features are missing and there are lots of bugs (especially with mobs)
- Git repository: https://git.minetest.land/MineClone2/MineClone2/
- Report bugs here: https://git.minetest.land/MineClone2/MineClone2/issues
Current core gameplay of MineClone 2:
- Open-ended gameplay without goals
- Survive: Gather resources in the day, survive hunger and hordes of monsters in the dark
- Mine for ores and other treasures.
- Build what you want, one block at a time. There are hundreds of decorative blocks and objects
- Craft better tools, items or blocks to progress
- Fight monsters for experience points
- Enchant your tools with an enchanting table by spending experience
- Explore the various biomes of the Overworld, or build a portal to the Nether
- Farming: Till the ground and grow your own crops
- Animals: Many different animals roam the world and interact with it. Feed, breed or slaughter them (you monster!)
- Build a railway system and have fun with minecarts
- Build complex machines and automate some processes with redstone circuits
- In Creative Mode you can build almost anything without limits
MineClone 2 has the following major differences from Minecraft 1.12:
- Natively moddable thanks to Minetest's powerful Lua API
- Built-in Help with entries about all the items
- Height limit increased to ca. +30900
- More stairs, slabs and fences
- River water (in valleys mapgen only)
The main goal is to create a fun sandbox game which happens to be very similar to Minecraft.
More information (and a “getting started guide”) in the README file.
Focus on stability and performance (don't expect feature rushes). By erlehmann, Li0n and others.
Focus on rapid feature inclusion, and experimental stuff (don't expect particular stability or compatibility). By kay27, debiankaios and others