MineClone 2 is a survival sandbox game. Survive, gather, hunt, build, explore, and do much more.
This goal of this project is to create a free clone of Minecraft.
- Download version 0.71.0 (for Minetest 5.3.0 / 5.4.0) (ca. 28 MiB)
- Download version 0.70.0 (for Minetest 5.3.0) (ca. 28 MiB)
- Download version 0.66.2 (for Minetest 5.2.0 / 5.3.0) (ca. 25 MiB)
- Download version 0.62.0 (for Minetest 5.1.0) (ca. 25 MiB)
- Download version 0.48.1 (for Minetest 0.4.16 and 0.4.17) (ca. 24 MiB)
- Download version 0.21.0 (for Minetest 0.4.15) (ca. 21 MiB)
- More information in the README file
- IMPORTANT: Only use the designated Minetest version! Developer versions of Minetest are NOT supported!
- Overall license: GPLv3 or later
- Mod/data licenses: CC BY-SA 3.0
- Note some mods and media files might have additional (more liberal) licenses that you can choose. See README.md for details
- Join the official IRC chatroom: #mineclone2 on irc.freenode.net (Webchat)
- Official MineClone2 discord
- MineClone2-enabled mods
- Texture packs: REFI, Unofficial Official Textures, MTG4MCL2
- Status: ALPHA VERSION!. It's fully playable, but many features are missing and there are lots of bugs (especially with mobs)
- Git repository: https://git.minetest.land/MineClone2/MineClone2/
- Report bugs here: https://git.minetest.land/MineClone2/MineClone2/issues
Current core gameplay of MineClone 2:
- Open-ended gameplay without goals
- Survive: Gather resources in the day, survive hunger and hordes of monsters in the dark
- Mine for ores and other treasures.
- Build what you want, one block at a time. There are hundreds of decorative blocks and objects
- Craft better tools, items or blocks to progress
- Fight monsters for experience points
- Enchant your tools with an enchanting table by spending experience
- Explore the various biomes of the Overworld, or build a portal to the Nether
- Farming: Till the ground and grow your own crops
- Animals: Many different animals roam the world and interact with it. Feed, breed or slaughter them (you monster!)
- Build a railway system and have fun with minecarts
- Build complex machines and automate some processes with redstone circuits
- In Creative Mode you can build almost anything without limits
MineClone 2 has the following major differences from Minecraft 1.12:
- Natively moddable thanks to Minetest's powerful Lua API
- Built-in Help with entries about all the items
- Height limit increased to ca. +30900
- More stairs, slabs and fences
- River water (in valleys mapgen only)
The main goal is to create a fun sandbox game which happens to be very similar to Minecraft.
More information (and a “getting started guide”) in the README file.