[mod] 3D Hand [newhand]

User avatar
jordan4ibanez
Member
 
Posts: 1893
Joined: Tue Sep 27, 2011 18:44
Location: Rhode Island, USA
GitHub: jordan4ibanez
IRC: jordan4ibanez
In-game: jordan4ibanez

[mod] 3D Hand [newhand]

by jordan4ibanez » Sun Jan 15, 2017 23:45

A 3D hand mod. Fixed by FreeLikeGNU

https://github.com/jordan4ibanez/newhand

License: CC0

Image
Attachments
screenshot_20170115_183827_1.png
(429.07 KiB) Not downloaded yet
Last edited by jordan4ibanez on Sun Jan 22, 2017 21:30, edited 4 times in total.
If you can think it, you can make it! My Patreon :D
 

User avatar
FreeLikeGNU
Member
 
Posts: 125
Joined: Tue Oct 28, 2014 02:50
GitHub: FreeLikeGNU
IRC: freelikegnu
In-game: FreeLikeGNU
 

User avatar
jordan4ibanez
Member
 
Posts: 1893
Joined: Tue Sep 27, 2011 18:44
Location: Rhode Island, USA
GitHub: jordan4ibanez
IRC: jordan4ibanez
In-game: jordan4ibanez

Re: [broken mod] 3D Hand

by jordan4ibanez » Tue Jan 17, 2017 06:16

FreeLikeGNU wrote:pr sent, hope this helps

Thanks for the fix, it now works correctly! https://youtu.be/JQ5-NkIWIGQ
If you can think it, you can make it! My Patreon :D
 

User avatar
TumeniNodes
Member
 
Posts: 2550
Joined: Fri Feb 26, 2016 19:49
Location: in the dark recesses of the mind
GitHub: TumeniNodes
IRC: tumeninodes
In-game: TumeniNodes

Re: [mod] 3D Hand

by TumeniNodes » Tue Jan 17, 2017 13:36

Hey Jordan....
So... I went and tried out "the hand" <- http://www.bmoviecentral.com/bmc/reviews/131-the-crawling-hand-1963-87-minutes.html <edit put wrong link up>
but, I did so without thinking to try it out on a fresh / throw away world in case of any kinks and..., after I unchecked it from configure menu, I am now left with an unkown node hand... :P

Got a solution for that yet? :D
I'm not your buddy, guy...
 

User avatar
FreeLikeGNU
Member
 
Posts: 125
Joined: Tue Oct 28, 2014 02:50
GitHub: FreeLikeGNU
IRC: freelikegnu
In-game: FreeLikeGNU

Re: [mod] 3D Hand

by FreeLikeGNU » Tue Jan 17, 2017 14:26

TumeniNodes wrote:Hey Jordan....., after I unchecked it from configure menu, I am now left with an unkown node hand... :P
Got a solution for that yet? :D


Wait, did you just say that your game has a problem with too many nodes? XD
 

User avatar
TumeniNodes
Member
 
Posts: 2550
Joined: Fri Feb 26, 2016 19:49
Location: in the dark recesses of the mind
GitHub: TumeniNodes
IRC: tumeninodes
In-game: TumeniNodes

Re: [mod] 3D Hand

by TumeniNodes » Tue Jan 17, 2017 14:53

FreeLikeGNU wrote:
TumeniNodes wrote:Hey Jordan....., after I unchecked it from configure menu, I am now left with an unkown node hand... :P
Got a solution for that yet? :D


Wait, did you just say that your game has a problem with too many nodes? XD


hahahahahaha... :D : | yes.

:P
I'm not your buddy, guy...
 

User avatar
jordan4ibanez
Member
 
Posts: 1893
Joined: Tue Sep 27, 2011 18:44
Location: Rhode Island, USA
GitHub: jordan4ibanez
IRC: jordan4ibanez
In-game: jordan4ibanez

Re: [mod] 3D Hand

by jordan4ibanez » Tue Jan 17, 2017 19:12

TumeniNodes wrote:Hey Jordan....
So... I went and tried out "the hand" <- http://www.bmoviecentral.com/bmc/reviews/131-the-crawling-hand-1963-87-minutes.html <edit put wrong link up>
but, I did so without thinking to try it out on a fresh / throw away world in case of any kinks and..., after I unchecked it from configure menu, I am now left with an unkown node hand... :P

Got a solution for that yet? :D

Are you using latest git?
If you can think it, you can make it! My Patreon :D
 

User avatar
TumeniNodes
Member
 
Posts: 2550
Joined: Fri Feb 26, 2016 19:49
Location: in the dark recesses of the mind
GitHub: TumeniNodes
IRC: tumeninodes
In-game: TumeniNodes

Re: [mod] 3D Hand

by TumeniNodes » Tue Jan 17, 2017 19:39

jordan4ibanez wrote:
TumeniNodes wrote:Hey Jordan....
So... I went and tried out "the hand" <- http://www.bmoviecentral.com/bmc/reviews/131-the-crawling-hand-1963-87-minutes.html <edit put wrong link up>
but, I did so without thinking to try it out on a fresh / throw away world in case of any kinks and..., after I unchecked it from configure menu, I am now left with an unkown node hand... :P

Got a solution for that yet? :D

Are you using latest git?


yep, just grabbed it last night.
I'm not your buddy, guy...
 

User avatar
TumeniNodes
Member
 
Posts: 2550
Joined: Fri Feb 26, 2016 19:49
Location: in the dark recesses of the mind
GitHub: TumeniNodes
IRC: tumeninodes
In-game: TumeniNodes

Re: [mod] 3D Hand

by TumeniNodes » Tue Jan 17, 2017 19:48

after I unselected the mod, this is now my hand :P
Image

Image

for some reason it did not revert back to the default wieldhand.png? not sure why
Attachments
fishys.png
(334.89 KiB) Not downloaded yet
the unknown hand.png
(329.8 KiB) Not downloaded yet
I'm not your buddy, guy...
 

User avatar
TumeniNodes
Member
 
Posts: 2550
Joined: Fri Feb 26, 2016 19:49
Location: in the dark recesses of the mind
GitHub: TumeniNodes
IRC: tumeninodes
In-game: TumeniNodes

Re: [mod] 3D Hand

by TumeniNodes » Thu Jan 19, 2017 05:29

Image

for some reason, it gets hung up in the player file. even after unchecking and even deleting the mod. Took me a while to end up looking there but, just deleted that line (highlighted) and all is good now.
Attachments
newhand_issue 2017-01-19 00-20-17.png
(199.37 KiB) Not downloaded yet
I'm not your buddy, guy...
 

User avatar
jordan4ibanez
Member
 
Posts: 1893
Joined: Tue Sep 27, 2011 18:44
Location: Rhode Island, USA
GitHub: jordan4ibanez
IRC: jordan4ibanez
In-game: jordan4ibanez

Re: [mod] 3D Hand

by jordan4ibanez » Sun Jan 22, 2017 21:27

Well I'm not sure what the issue is with that as I can't duplicate it!

Node placement prediction is fixed.

The mod is now ready to be used in modpacks and servers. https://youtu.be/PMHLoq7sABc

Image
If you can think it, you can make it! My Patreon :D
 

User avatar
jordan4ibanez
Member
 
Posts: 1893
Joined: Tue Sep 27, 2011 18:44
Location: Rhode Island, USA
GitHub: jordan4ibanez
IRC: jordan4ibanez
In-game: jordan4ibanez

Re: [mod] 3D Hand [newhand]

by jordan4ibanez » Sun Jan 22, 2017 22:22

Now compatible with Tenplus1's simple skins mod https://youtu.be/92DX6WJh_iY
If you can think it, you can make it! My Patreon :D
 

User avatar
TheReaperKing
Member
 
Posts: 529
Joined: Sun Nov 22, 2015 21:36

Re: [mod] 3D Hand [newhand]

by TheReaperKing » Mon Jan 23, 2017 05:24

It might be interesting to have an actual hand with fingers. Nice work on this!
Resources on happiness and life management - http://MikesHappyPlace.com
Project Lead of the Doom 3 Mod Last Man Standing - http://Doom3Coop.com
Project Lead of Platinum Arts Sandbox Free 3D Game Maker - http://SandboxGameMaker.com
Youtube Channel - https://www.youtube.com/user/PlatinumArtsKids
 

User avatar
Melkor
Member
 
Posts: 292
Joined: Sat Sep 24, 2011 01:03
Location: Underground

Re: [mod] 3D Hand [newhand]

by Melkor » Tue Jan 24, 2017 00:25

This is really great! please correct me if im wrong, but with this now we can (?) make independent animations for each tool, weapons or items on hand, like eating or using a map? even sincronize a crack animation on every punch in a block?
 

User avatar
jordan4ibanez
Member
 
Posts: 1893
Joined: Tue Sep 27, 2011 18:44
Location: Rhode Island, USA
GitHub: jordan4ibanez
IRC: jordan4ibanez
In-game: jordan4ibanez

Re: [mod] 3D Hand [newhand]

by jordan4ibanez » Tue Jan 24, 2017 06:10

Melkor wrote:This is really great! please correct me if im wrong, but with this now we can (?) make independent animations for each tool, weapons or items on hand, like eating or using a map? even sincronize a crack animation on every punch in a block?

Thank you. I believe that's correct. I'll try this weekend
If you can think it, you can make it! My Patreon :D
 

User avatar
WinkingBaby
Member
 
Posts: 42
Joined: Sun May 29, 2016 19:11
In-game: WinkingBaby

Re: [mod] 3D Hand [newhand]

by WinkingBaby » Thu Feb 02, 2017 16:38

Is this compatible with playertextures? If not would it be possible to do that?
 

User avatar
Wuzzy
Member
 
Posts: 3243
Joined: Mon Sep 24, 2012 15:01
GitHub: Wuzzy2
IRC: Wuzzy
In-game: Wuzzy

Re: [mod] 3D Hand [newhand]

by Wuzzy » Fri Feb 03, 2017 00:44

What's the point of this mod?

The hand is already in 3D.
My creations. I gladly take any bitcoins you have lying around: 17fsUywHxeMHKG41UFfu34F1rAxZcrVoqH
 

User avatar
octacian
Member
 
Posts: 593
Joined: Mon Dec 21, 2015 22:18
Location: BC, Canada
GitHub: octacian
IRC: octacian
In-game: octacian

Re: [mod] 3D Hand [newhand]

by octacian » Fri Feb 03, 2017 01:04

I second Wuzzy's question.

I will be adding support for custom player skins to my hands mod though :D
MicroExpansion, Working Computers, All Projects - Check out my YouTube channel! (octacian)
 

User avatar
GreenDimond
Member
 
Posts: 1197
Joined: Wed Oct 28, 2015 01:26
Location: A place
GitHub: GreenXenith
IRC: GreenDimond
In-game: GreenDimond
 

User avatar
Melkor
Member
 
Posts: 292
Joined: Sat Sep 24, 2011 01:03
Location: Underground

Re: [mod] 3D Hand [newhand]

by Melkor » Fri Feb 03, 2017 02:46

Wuzzy wrote:What's the point of this mod?

The hand is already in 3D.


not really

SIGH...
i quote myself

jordan4ibanez wrote:
Melkor wrote:This is really great! please correct me if im wrong, but with this now we can (?) make independent animations for each tool, weapons or items on hand, like eating or using a map? even sincronize a crack animation on every punch in a block?

Thank you. I believe that's correct. I'll try this weekend
 

User avatar
WinkingBaby
Member
 
Posts: 42
Joined: Sun May 29, 2016 19:11
In-game: WinkingBaby

Re: [mod] 3D Hand [newhand]

by WinkingBaby » Fri Feb 03, 2017 03:18

Ran into a big issue. Not sure if you mentioned this or not but it's impossible to open doors with the new hand. Unless i scroll over to another item. Is this to get rid of the weird placeable hand thing?
 

User avatar
Wuzzy
Member
 
Posts: 3243
Joined: Mon Sep 24, 2012 15:01
GitHub: Wuzzy2
IRC: Wuzzy
In-game: Wuzzy

Re: [mod] 3D Hand [newhand]

by Wuzzy » Fri Feb 03, 2017 12:04

I still don't get it. What does this mod give me?
Is there any documentation?
My creations. I gladly take any bitcoins you have lying around: 17fsUywHxeMHKG41UFfu34F1rAxZcrVoqH
 

User avatar
Melkor
Member
 
Posts: 292
Joined: Sat Sep 24, 2011 01:03
Location: Underground

Re: [mod] 3D Hand [newhand]

by Melkor » Fri Feb 03, 2017 13:24

WinkingBaby wrote:Ran into a big issue. Not sure if you mentioned this or not but it's impossible to open doors with the new hand. Unless i scroll over to another item. Is this to get rid of the weird placeable hand thing?


Same problem here :)

Wuzzy wrote:I still don't get it. What does this mod give me?
Is there any documentation?


So far as i know, the hand and his animations are coded into the source code so thats mean the only way to change animations is modifying the code and then recompile again, this newhand mod -theoretically- will allow you make new animations, use customs models for hands, tools o anything you want more easy, but this is the thing i hope so, lol.
 

User avatar
LordStephen77
Member
 
Posts: 33
Joined: Mon May 22, 2017 15:26

Re: [mod] 3D Hand [newhand]

by LordStephen77 » Tue May 30, 2017 21:39

The default hand was too small, even the tools are too small. Aspect for years improvements to the 3d model of the hand. Finally! I did not hope anymore. Thank you, now it is much nicer.

Now the skin of your character is also applied to the hand in person.

Now your hand is much more beautiful :D

Fixing open doors please XD This mod is fantastic, and adds a feature that for years looks to be implemented on Minetest. Do not abandon your good job. Thank you so much.

I hope this beautiful mod gets included in Minetest_Game! With the addition of larger tools would be very much appreciated ^__-

Screenshots:

Image

Image
 

User avatar
firefox
Member
 
Posts: 1440
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 07:34
Location: Xanadu
In-game: Red_Fox

Re: [mod] 3D Hand [newhand]

by firefox » Wed May 31, 2017 07:15

LordStephen77 wrote:The default hand was too small, even the tools are too small. Aspect for years improvements to the 3d model of the hand. Finally! I did not hope anymore. Thank you, now it is much nicer.

Now the skin of your character is also applied to the hand in person.

Now your hand is much more beautiful :D

Fixing open doors please XD This mod is fantastic, and adds a feature that for years looks to be implemented on Minetest. Do not abandon your good job. Thank you so much.

I hope this beautiful mod gets included in Minetest_Game! With the addition of larger tools would be very much appreciated ^__-

Screenshots:

Image

Image

your hand has the wrong rotation :P
it's like holding it with the palm facing upwards
my game: viewtopic.php?f=49&t=15860 --- building inspiration: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=15550 --- =(^.^)= nya~
 

Next

Return to WIP Mods



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests