[Mod] Dungeon Treasure Chests [tsm_chests_dungeon]

Wuzzy
GitHub: Wuzzy2
IRC: Wuzzy
In-game: Wuzzy

[Mod] Dungeon Treasure Chests [tsm_chests_dungeon]

by Wuzzy » Post

Adds chests into the default dungeons with random loot inside, using Treasurer.

This mod utilizes Treasurer to spawn the treasures in the chests, so there can be more variety in the treasures you can find.

How to use
To get look in the chests, you need Treasurer and at least one treasure registration mod. See the Treasurer thread to learn how to use it properly.
Otherwise, the chests will be empty.
Also remember that the whole Treasurer idea is still not out of the alpha stage.

Download and stuff Successfully tested in the following subgames
  • Minetest Game
(Forks of Minetest Game may work, but are not tested yet.)

mr_dean
In-game: mr_dean

Re: [Mod] Dungeon Treasure Chests [tsm_chests_dungeon]

by mr_dean » Post

This looks a lot like the dungeon loot mod, but, I bet I know why you made this! :)
I know you believe you understand what you think I said, but, I am not sure that what you heard is not what I meant. - Author Unknown

Wuzzy
GitHub: Wuzzy2
IRC: Wuzzy
In-game: Wuzzy

Re: [Mod] Dungeon Treasure Chests [tsm_chests_dungeon]

by Wuzzy » Post

Yes, both mods do basically the same thing, but the underlying systems are very different.

This mod uses Treasurer and is a bit more flexible in selecting random treasures. The possible treasures in the other mod are hardcoded, but it does not need Treasurer. This is an important difference.
I felt the lack of mods for Treasurer. What good is a framework when it is not used? :D

But both mods are still very simple and can probably be exchanged without trouble.