[Server] LinuxWorks Next Generation (Lots of trains)

Felfalido

GitHub: Felfa but in GitLab
IRC: Felfa or Are_16
In-game: Felfa

Re: [Server] LinuxWorks Next Generation (Lots of trains)

by Felfalido » Wed Apr 17, 2019 13:29

trap wrote:well. my system is Linux mint Serena ..any way i find the release you give me and download the 0.4.17.1 zip but i can't do nothing with it ..i try the README.txt and find all the commands but didn't work..can you help me more with the terminal commands if you have it..??? i don't know much from how it works..why we did it so difficult..??
I'm so sad i can't login in any server ..crying

Be sure that you have installed and updated all the dependencies first, as it's pointed on the same README.txt file:
Code: Select all
sudo apt-get install build-essential libirrlicht-dev cmake libbz2-dev libpng-dev libjpeg-dev libxxf86vm-dev libgl1-mesa-dev libsqlite3-dev libogg-dev libvorbis-dev libopenal-dev libcurl4-gnutls-dev libfreetype6-dev zlib1g-dev libgmp-dev libjsoncpp-dev

And then, just do this in order to build Minetest inside the source directory:
cmake . -DRUN_IN_PLACE=TRUE
make -j <number of processors>

Instead of <number of processors>, be sure to put the number of cores of your processor (or just omit the parameter if you don't care). E.g. for 4 parallel jobs:
make -j4

Executable binary will be inside "bin" subfolder if everything ran good. If not, post a reply with a paste of any errors you got.
Debian & Arch GNU/Linux user - Libre software promoter - Ancom - Republican - Feminist - Atheist - Regular player at LinuxWorks server - Hi :-)

h-v-smacker

GitHub: h-v-smacker
In-game: Smacker

by h-v-smacker » Wed Apr 17, 2019 17:01

Trap, it looks like the minedevs PPA was cleaned up since march, and many older binary packages got removed. I downloaded 0.4.17.1 for xenial on March, 7th though — so here it is:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/19wlaau4cudc7 ... 4.deb?dl=0
Linux Forks, the Best Forks: linux-forks.de // Play @ LinuxWorks Next Generation

trap

GitHub: trap
IRC: trap
In-game: trap

by trap » Thu Apr 18, 2019 10:44

I download this file of 0.4.17. who i got from Smacker and run the command to the TERMINAL.
i don't know if i made this right but i continue with the cmake on the same area.(terminal)
this is what i get

antioxos@antioxos-Inspiron-3521 ~ $ cmake . -DRUN_IN_PLACE=TRUE
CMake Error: The source directory "/home/antioxos" does not appear to contain CMakeLists.txt.
Specify --help for usage, or press the help button on the CMake GUI.

i'm not sure if i make this right ..i don't know where i have to look for the source directory. or where i find the GUI to continue..
with other words i'm confuse right now..
I find all this info into the README txt .where i have to change this? into the terminal or into the envelop i download..?? I need help for this.. if any one can give me more detail's how..please..

cubestacker

In-game: Och_Noe

by cubestacker » Thu Apr 18, 2019 12:59

trap: use a file manager and "open" the file which Smacker had offered. there will be a warning ("newer version installed"), but ignore that and let the file install (perhaps also dependencies)

You need the command "cmake . -DRUN_IN_PLACE=TRUE" only if you have downloaded and unpacked the sources, then you also need to be within the souces directory.

trap

by trap » Thu Apr 18, 2019 13:25

cubestacker wrote:trap: use a file manager and "open" the file which Smacker had offered. there will be a warning ("newer version installed"), but ignore that and let the file install (perhaps also dependencies)

You need the command "cmake . -DRUN_IN_PLACE=TRUE" only if you have downloaded and unpacked the sources, then you also need to be within the souces directory.

yes .OK..that is a problem..i don't know any file manager..i have this 'Serena mint 18.1' who i install my self in my disc and maybe i don't have all what i need to complete this task..and i don't know how.

Festus1965

GitHub: Minetest-One
In-game: Thomas Explorer

cubestacker

by cubestacker » Thu Apr 18, 2019 13:31

ok, try "sudo dpkg -i ~/Downloads/minetest_0.4.17.1-ppa0_ubuntu16.04.1_amd64.deb"

(Perhaps 'Downloads' is called another name - or whereever you saved the file)

trap

by trap » Thu Apr 18, 2019 13:51

antioxos@antioxos-Inspiron-3521 ~ $ sudo dpkg -i ~/Downloads/minetest_0.4.17.1-ppa0_ubuntu16.04.1_amd64.deb
[sudo] password for antioxos:
dpkg: error processing archive /home/antioxos/Downloads/minetest_0.4.17.1-ppa0_ubuntu16.04.1_amd64.deb (--install):
αδύνατη η πρόσβαση στην αρχειοθήκη: Δεν υπάρχει τέτοιο αρχείο ή κατάλογος
Προέκυψαν σφάλματα κατά την επεξεργασία του:
/home/antioxos/Downloads/minetest_0.4.17.1-ppa0_ubuntu16.04.1_amd64.deb

this is what it give me..that the file not exist..but i have download it

trap

by trap » Thu Apr 18, 2019 14:00

sorry about this..true is i don't know a lot from programming. it is difficult for me to do something i never did before..i read last days a lot and maybe it is in front of my eyes but i don't know how to do it..i'm not any expert like you guys.i'm all the way new on computers..i don't have any knowledge from this..
i need more detailed info to go on..and i don't have anyone here to help with it..
any way thanks from the help till now. maybe i quit till thinks change from the servers or the minetest work to 0.5 ..

cubestacker

trap

by trap » Thu Apr 18, 2019 14:05

Festus1965 wrote:Serena mint 18.1 --> file manager = nemo ?

yes nemo it is

trap

by trap » Thu Apr 18, 2019 14:06

cubestacker wrote:can we continue this per e-mail? (see your PMs)

yes ..even we can use TeamViewer to give you control on it?

Previous

Return to Servers