[Mod] Cursed world (Portals) [0.1.0] [cursed_world]

User avatar
lag01
Member
 
Posts: 293
Joined: Sun Mar 16, 2014 03:41
GitHub: AndrejIT
IRC: lag01
In-game: lag

[Mod] Cursed world (Portals) [0.1.0] [cursed_world]

by lag01 » Sun Apr 30, 2017 20:56

Allows players to build portals by placing 10 obsidian blocks and then adding 2 "cursed_stone".
Portal output then becomes connected to distant location (searches for caves at -4800 nodes underground by default).

License: LGPL 2.1 or later.
Dependencies: default mobs? fire?

Download: zip
Browse on: GitHub

Image
Attachments
screenshot_20170430_232849.png
"Cursed world" portal
(137.77 KiB) Not downloaded yet
Last edited by lag01 on Wed May 03, 2017 21:44, edited 1 time in total.
 

User avatar
azekill_DIABLO
Member
 
Posts: 7460
Joined: Wed Oct 29, 2014 20:05
Location: OMICRON
GitHub: azekillDIABLO
In-game: azekill_DIABLO
 

User avatar
lag01
Member
 
Posts: 293
Joined: Sun Mar 16, 2014 03:41
GitHub: AndrejIT
IRC: lag01
In-game: lag

Re: [Mod] Cursed world (Portals) [0.1.0] [cursed_world]

by lag01 » Mon May 01, 2017 12:12

azekill_DIABLO wrote:an alternative nether?

On my server i moved old spawn with all buildings to -4800, so players need to build portal to get to old world, and build another portal to get back to surface.

In default game, portal will move you to the cave somewhere deep underground.
 

User avatar
azekill_DIABLO
Member
 
Posts: 7460
Joined: Wed Oct 29, 2014 20:05
Location: OMICRON
GitHub: azekillDIABLO
In-game: azekill_DIABLO

Re: [Mod] Cursed world (Portals) [0.1.0] [cursed_world]

by azekill_DIABLO » Mon May 01, 2017 14:06

oh? it's kinda original then. But you know there are many, many ,many teleporters pad portals and thing like that which would do what you want?
 

User avatar
lag01
Member
 
Posts: 293
Joined: Sun Mar 16, 2014 03:41
GitHub: AndrejIT
IRC: lag01
In-game: lag

Re: [Mod] Cursed world (Portals) [0.1.0] [cursed_world]

by lag01 » Mon May 01, 2017 16:56

azekill_DIABLO wrote:oh? it's kinda original then. But you know there are many, many ,many teleporters pad portals and thing like that which would do what you want?

Yes, there are many portal mods, but i doubt there is one that meets all criteria i wanted:

    is buildable by player and don't need magic wand to activate
    looks like ancient architecture portal
    set target location automatically, preferably inside a cave
    is not bundled with special map generator
    is shattered when someone else use your portal - to encourage players build their own portals in safe locations
    obvious criteria - mod should not crash or slow down server
 

User avatar
azekill_DIABLO
Member
 
Posts: 7460
Joined: Wed Oct 29, 2014 20:05
Location: OMICRON
GitHub: azekillDIABLO
In-game: azekill_DIABLO
 

ack
Member
 
Posts: 21
Joined: Sun Jan 04, 2015 10:46

Re: [Mod] Cursed world (Portals) [0.1.0] [cursed_world]

by ack » Tue May 23, 2017 21:37

lag, looking at your code, I aways cringe when i see an important file opened with 'w' to re-write the whole contents.. hate crashes as much as the next guy. does lua have sql ability built in ? can't it store directly in the map db file via lua to create your own table for storing data ? or, can you write to a .new file, then delete / move, and you got a backup.. just in case. I usually have a .dat, .dat.1, .dat.2 as i create, and skip while loading corrupted files.
 

User avatar
lag01
Member
 
Posts: 293
Joined: Sun Mar 16, 2014 03:41
GitHub: AndrejIT
IRC: lag01
In-game: lag

Re: [Mod] Cursed world (Portals) [0.1.0] [cursed_world]

by lag01 » Wed May 24, 2017 09:30

ack wrote:lag, looking at your code, I aways cringe when i see an important file opened with 'w' to re-write the whole contents.. hate crashes as much as the next guy. does lua have sql ability built in ? can't it store directly in the map db file via lua to create your own table for storing data ? or, can you write to a .new file, then delete / move, and you got a backup.. just in case. I usually have a .dat, .dat.1, .dat.2 as i create, and skip while loading corrupted files.

I heard somewhere, developers are working on adding storage API per player, per mod etc. Hopefully it will be implemented good enough.

In most cases "whole contents" is just few kilobytes, smaller than one disk block, so rewriting it gives no overhead. Maybe very large files, like auth.txt can make any difference.
 

User avatar
Andrey01
Member
 
Posts: 2172
Joined: Wed Oct 19, 2016 15:18
Location: Russia, Moscow
GitHub: Andrey2470T
In-game: Andrey01

Re: [Mod] Cursed world (Portals) [0.1.0] [cursed_world]

by Andrey01 » Sat May 27, 2017 15:29

I wonder nobody can exit from cursed world. Must be a portal exit from it?
DL9Eh7xVBw7DXwLAMX1lStE21bSD2XUQ
 

User avatar
lag01
Member
 
Posts: 293
Joined: Sun Mar 16, 2014 03:41
GitHub: AndrejIT
IRC: lag01
In-game: lag

Re: [Mod] Cursed world (Portals) [0.1.0] [cursed_world]

by lag01 » Sat May 27, 2017 15:31

Andrey01 wrote:I wonder nobody can exit from cursed world. Must be a portal exit from it?

Yest, you must build portal exit from cursed world.
 

User avatar
Andrey01
Member
 
Posts: 2172
Joined: Wed Oct 19, 2016 15:18
Location: Russia, Moscow
GitHub: Andrey2470T
In-game: Andrey01

Re: [Mod] Cursed world (Portals) [0.1.0] [cursed_world]

by Andrey01 » Sat May 27, 2017 16:30

lag01 wrote:
Andrey01 wrote:I wonder nobody can exit from cursed world. Must be a portal exit from it?

Yest, you must build portal exit from cursed world.

Oh... thanks for promting! Somewhy nobody told me about it.
DL9Eh7xVBw7DXwLAMX1lStE21bSD2XUQ
 

User avatar
lag01
Member
 
Posts: 293
Joined: Sun Mar 16, 2014 03:41
GitHub: AndrejIT
IRC: lag01
In-game: lag

Re: [Mod] Cursed world (Portals) [0.1.0] [cursed_world]

by lag01 » Sat May 27, 2017 17:10

Andrey01 wrote:
lag01 wrote:
Andrey01 wrote:I wonder nobody can exit from cursed world. Must be a portal exit from it?

Yest, you must build portal exit from cursed world.

Oh... thanks for promting! Somewhy nobody told me about it.

It must be more interesting, when you guess this by yourself.
They just didn't wanted to spoil you that fun.

But it depends on you what you like more, if you try and guess or ask on forum.
 


Return to Mod Releases



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot] and 6 guests