[Mod] Inventorybags [inventorybags]

User avatar
cx384
Member
 
Posts: 492
Joined: Wed Apr 23, 2014 09:38
GitHub: cx384
IRC: cx384

[Mod] Inventorybags [inventorybags]

by cx384 » Fri Jun 09, 2017 13:32

This mod adds bags which can be stored in inventory and opened with right click.
I have made this mod, because if you use many mods at once the player inventory is too small to store all items which you get from for example mining.
You probably need minetest 0.4.16 or later.

Image

License:
Code: GNU GPLv3 for everything what is not taken from anywhere (look in README for more information)
Sound and textures: CC-BY-SA-4.0 for everything what is not taken from anywhere (look in README for more information)
Dependencies: default, wool, farming, stairs, dye, bucket, (unified_inventory?, more_chests?, xdecor?, beds?, tnt?, pipeworks?, homedecor?, node_texture_modifier?)
Download: zip, tar.gz
Github: inventorybags

Nathan.S's mod review

How to use.
1. Craft a spinning wheel
2. Spin wool
3. Craft a loom
4. Weave some yarn
5. Craft a bag
The rest is self-explaining.

To Do:
- Find bugs (done for now)
Last edited by cx384 on Sat Jul 08, 2017 13:17, edited 8 times in total.
Can your read this?
 

User avatar
ExeterDad
Member
 
Posts: 1717
Joined: Sun Jun 01, 2014 20:00
Location: New Hampshire U.S.A
In-game: ExeterDad

Re: [Mod] Inventorybags [inventorybags]

by ExeterDad » Fri Jun 09, 2017 13:44

Haven't used them yet, but I really like your approach. :)
 

User avatar
DS-minetest
Member
 
Posts: 1021
Joined: Thu Jun 19, 2014 19:49
Location: in front of my pc (which is at home)
GitHub: DS-Minetest
In-game: DS

Re: [Mod] Inventorybags [inventorybags]

by DS-minetest » Fri Jun 09, 2017 14:01

Great!
Do not call me -minetest.
Call me DS or DS-minetest.
I am German, so you don't have to pm me English if you are also German.
The background is a lie.
 

User avatar
azekill_DIABLO
Member
 
Posts: 7459
Joined: Wed Oct 29, 2014 20:05
Location: OMICRON
GitHub: azekillDIABLO
In-game: azekill_DIABLO
 

User avatar
cx384
Member
 
Posts: 492
Joined: Wed Apr 23, 2014 09:38
GitHub: cx384
IRC: cx384

Re: [Mod] Inventorybags [inventorybags]

by cx384 » Fri Jun 09, 2017 14:47

Thank you for your feedback!
Can your read this?
 

User avatar
lisacvuk
Member
 
Posts: 274
Joined: Sat Jul 19, 2014 11:52
Location: Serbia, Užice
GitHub: lisacvuk
IRC: lisac
In-game: lisacvuk

Re: [Mod] Inventorybags [inventorybags]

by lisacvuk » Fri Jun 09, 2017 14:52

azekill_DIABLO wrote:didn't tried too but that seem to be a lot of bags! +1

I sense a pun.
It's lisac, not lisa.
400 character limit? Am I writing a book?
Administrator on Craig's server. Minetest player.
"The enemy pales when they see the face of Dazzle!" ~ Dazzle obviously.
I live in Serbia.
Steam | OpenDOTA
My mods:
Tool ranks
I appreciate donations in TF2 items. :)
 

User avatar
the_raven_262
Member
 
Posts: 315
Joined: Mon Sep 22, 2014 09:30
GitHub: theraven262
IRC: the_raven_262 Raven262 Corvus262 corvus
In-game: the_raven_262 Raven262 Nevermore

Re: [Mod] Inventorybags [inventorybags]

by the_raven_262 » Fri Jun 09, 2017 17:21

Oh, a very nice mod indeed.
Also very nice textures. +1
[amber] [conjuration] [warzone] | Why is #minetest-mod-dev so empty?
 

User avatar
azekill_DIABLO
Member
 
Posts: 7459
Joined: Wed Oct 29, 2014 20:05
Location: OMICRON
GitHub: azekillDIABLO
In-game: azekill_DIABLO

Re: [Mod] Inventorybags [inventorybags]

by azekill_DIABLO » Fri Jun 09, 2017 17:48

lisacvuk wrote:
azekill_DIABLO wrote:didn't tried too but that seem to be a lot of bags! +1

I sense a pun.


not even! i think it's a real good mod!
 

User avatar
cx384
Member
 
Posts: 492
Joined: Wed Apr 23, 2014 09:38
GitHub: cx384
IRC: cx384

Re: [Mod] Inventorybags [inventorybags]

by cx384 » Sun Jun 11, 2017 19:19

Update:
- Minor changes
- Added explosions upgrade
- and the bag of winds ( suggested by DS-minetest )

+ Screenshots
Attachments
screenshot_20170611_210842.png
(597.62 KiB) Not downloaded yet
screenshot_20170611_210949.png
(395.51 KiB) Not downloaded yet
Can your read this?
 

User avatar
Nathan.S
Member
 
Posts: 807
Joined: Wed Sep 24, 2014 17:47
Location: Bigsby Texas
GitHub: NathanSalapat
IRC: NathanS21
In-game: NathanS21

Re: [Mod] Inventorybags [inventorybags]

by Nathan.S » Sun Jun 11, 2017 19:48

I believe step four should be weave some yarn, not wave some yarn.

Other than that, this is a super fun mod, recoding a mod review on it soon. Your approach for the tools to use them on right click is interesting, but I haven't found any problems with it.
(If interested I do have a model of a weaving loom and spinning wheel you could use for nodes.)
I record Minetest videos, Mod reviews, Modding tutorials, and Lets plays.
Check out my website, and brand new Minetest Modding Course
 

User avatar
cx384
Member
 
Posts: 492
Joined: Wed Apr 23, 2014 09:38
GitHub: cx384
IRC: cx384

Re: [Mod] Inventorybags [inventorybags]

by cx384 » Mon Jun 12, 2017 09:34

Nathan.S wrote:I believe step four should be weave some yarn, not wave some yarn.

Oh yes, thank you.
Nathan.S wrote:Other than that, this is a super fun mod, recoding a mod review on it soon.

That's great, but if you want to show everything you should install more_chests, xdecor and pipeworks or homedecor, too. Moreover you should enable the beds mod, tnt mod and the Teleportation Bag in settings .
Nathan.S wrote:Your approach for the tools to use them on right click is interesting, but I haven't found any problems with it.

I have decided that you can open a bag/machine with right click, because on nodes it's the same key.
Nathan.S wrote:(If interested I do have a model of a weaving loom and spinning wheel you could use for nodes.)

I haven't used nodes, because I am really bad in making models, and I think nodes with such complex models look ugly . So maybe I am interested, but it would be also nice to have a model for the bag upgrade device.
Last edited by cx384 on Mon Jun 12, 2017 12:18, edited 2 times in total.
Can your read this?
 

User avatar
DS-minetest
Member
 
Posts: 1021
Joined: Thu Jun 19, 2014 19:49
Location: in front of my pc (which is at home)
GitHub: DS-Minetest
In-game: DS

Re: [Mod] Inventorybags [inventorybags]

by DS-minetest » Mon Jun 12, 2017 10:44

Nice Update!
Can you make a machine that has to be placed at cloudhight to get the bag of winds?
Do not call me -minetest.
Call me DS or DS-minetest.
I am German, so you don't have to pm me English if you are also German.
The background is a lie.
 

User avatar
cx384
Member
 
Posts: 492
Joined: Wed Apr 23, 2014 09:38
GitHub: cx384
IRC: cx384

Re: [Mod] Inventorybags [inventorybags]

by cx384 » Mon Jun 12, 2017 10:53

DS-minetest wrote:Nice Update!
Can you make a machine that has to be placed at cloudhight to get the bag of winds?

Nice suggestion, but I already got an idea to craft the bag of winds. I want to make a wind catcher or something like this.
Can your read this?
 

User avatar
Nathan.S
Member
 
Posts: 807
Joined: Wed Sep 24, 2014 17:47
Location: Bigsby Texas
GitHub: NathanSalapat
IRC: NathanS21
In-game: NathanS21

Re: [Mod] Inventorybags [inventorybags]

by Nathan.S » Mon Jun 12, 2017 13:45

Image

I made these models for a subgame I was working on, as a way to make fabric which was used to make clothing and armor. The textures are of a slightly higher resolution, but those can always be changed. :)
Attachments
wheel-and-loom.png
(231.12 KiB) Not downloaded yet
I record Minetest videos, Mod reviews, Modding tutorials, and Lets plays.
Check out my website, and brand new Minetest Modding Course
 

User avatar
cx384
Member
 
Posts: 492
Joined: Wed Apr 23, 2014 09:38
GitHub: cx384
IRC: cx384

Re: [Mod] Inventorybags [inventorybags]

by cx384 » Mon Jun 12, 2017 14:12

Nathan.S wrote:(img)
I made these models for a subgame I was working on, as a way to make fabric which was used to make clothing and armor. The textures are of a slightly higher resolution, but those can always be changed. :)

Your models aren't bad, but I think that those will not fit well with the mod even with other textures. : /
In addition, I'm happy with the craftitems and at the moment my mod doesn't add any nodes.

But it would be nice to have an other mod/supgame which adds fabric, because then I can depend on this mod.
Can your read this?
 

User avatar
cx384
Member
 
Posts: 492
Joined: Wed Apr 23, 2014 09:38
GitHub: cx384
IRC: cx384
 

Modern Hippie
Member
 
Posts: 115
Joined: Wed Oct 29, 2014 04:35

Re: [Mod] Inventorybags [inventorybags]

by Modern Hippie » Sat Jul 08, 2017 05:31

Is there somewhere a description what features every single bag has?
No longer active with this account! Please PM me on my new account "Wolfshippie"!
 

User avatar
cx384
Member
 
Posts: 492
Joined: Wed Apr 23, 2014 09:38
GitHub: cx384
IRC: cx384

Re: [Mod] Inventorybags [inventorybags]

by cx384 » Sat Jul 08, 2017 13:06

Modern Hippie wrote:Is there somewhere a description what features every single bag has?

No, but I think this is not necessary, because the only differences between normal bags are the size, name, texture and sound and this are things which you should find out yourself by playing with this mod. The special bags don't need a description, because of their names, for example sleeping bag or bag transporting bag. Nevertheless there is a description for the upgrades (open the bag upgrade device and press the help button).
You can also watch this: http://www.nathansalapat.com/minetest/inventorybags
Can your read this?
 

Modern Hippie
Member
 
Posts: 115
Joined: Wed Oct 29, 2014 04:35

Re: [Mod] Inventorybags [inventorybags]

by Modern Hippie » Mon Jul 10, 2017 11:28

cx384 wrote:
Modern Hippie wrote:Is there somewhere a description what features every single bag has?

No, but I think this is not necessary, because the only differences between normal bags are the size, name, texture and sound and this are things which you should find out yourself by playing with this mod. The special bags don't need a description, because of their names, for example sleeping bag or bag transporting bag. Nevertheless there is a description for the upgrades (open the bag upgrade device and press the help button).
You can also watch this: http://www.nathansalapat.com/minetest/inventorybags


Oh ok, thx :)
No longer active with this account! Please PM me on my new account "Wolfshippie"!
 

User avatar
cx384
Member
 
Posts: 492
Joined: Wed Apr 23, 2014 09:38
GitHub: cx384
IRC: cx384

Re: [Mod] Inventorybags [inventorybags]

by cx384 » Fri Sep 15, 2017 16:58

Small update:
Fixed the inventory sorting.
Can your read this?
 

User avatar
nirasa
Member
 
Posts: 19
Joined: Fri Jun 10, 2016 10:11
Location: Czech republic
GitHub: nirasa1957
IRC: nirasa1957
In-game: nirasa

Re: [Mod] Inventorybags [inventorybags]

by nirasa » Sat Dec 23, 2017 09:49

Hi, I have error in Minetest 0.4.16:
Code: Select all
-------------
  Separator
-------------

2017-12-23 10:45:09: WARNING[Main]: BanManager: creating /home/irenas/.minetest/worlds/inventory/ipban.txt
2017-12-23 10:45:09: WARNING[Main]: NodeDefManager: Ignoring CONTENT_IGNORE redefinition
2017-12-23 10:45:09: WARNING[Main]: WARNING: minetest.setting_* functions are deprecated.  Use methods on the minetest.settings object.
2017-12-23 10:45:09: WARNING[Main]: WARNING: minetest.setting_* functions are deprecated.  Use methods on the minetest.settings object.
2017-12-23 10:45:09: ERROR[Main]: ModError: Failed to load and run script from /home/irenas/.minetest/mods/inventorybags/init.lua:
2017-12-23 10:45:09: ERROR[Main]: ....minetest/mods/inventorybags/sort_inventory_function.lua:18: unexpected symbol near '-'
2017-12-23 10:45:09: ERROR[Main]: stack traceback:
2017-12-23 10:45:09: ERROR[Main]:    [C]: in function 'dofile'
2017-12-23 10:45:09: ERROR[Main]:    /home/irenas/.minetest/mods/inventorybags/init.lua:6: in main chunk
2017-12-23 10:45:09: ERROR[Main]: Pro detaily se podívejte do debug.txt.
Sorry for my english :(
 

User avatar
cx384
Member
 
Posts: 492
Joined: Wed Apr 23, 2014 09:38
GitHub: cx384
IRC: cx384

Re: [Mod] Inventorybags [inventorybags]

by cx384 » Sat Dec 30, 2017 14:38

nirasa wrote:Hi, I have error in Minetest 0.4.16:
Code: Select all
-------------
  Separator
-------------

2017-12-23 10:45:09: WARNING[Main]: BanManager: creating /home/irenas/.minetest/worlds/inventory/ipban.txt
2017-12-23 10:45:09: WARNING[Main]: NodeDefManager: Ignoring CONTENT_IGNORE redefinition
2017-12-23 10:45:09: WARNING[Main]: WARNING: minetest.setting_* functions are deprecated.  Use methods on the minetest.settings object.
2017-12-23 10:45:09: WARNING[Main]: WARNING: minetest.setting_* functions are deprecated.  Use methods on the minetest.settings object.
2017-12-23 10:45:09: ERROR[Main]: ModError: Failed to load and run script from /home/irenas/.minetest/mods/inventorybags/init.lua:
2017-12-23 10:45:09: ERROR[Main]: ....minetest/mods/inventorybags/sort_inventory_function.lua:18: unexpected symbol near '-'
2017-12-23 10:45:09: ERROR[Main]: stack traceback:
2017-12-23 10:45:09: ERROR[Main]:    [C]: in function 'dofile'
2017-12-23 10:45:09: ERROR[Main]:    /home/irenas/.minetest/mods/inventorybags/init.lua:6: in main chunk
2017-12-23 10:45:09: ERROR[Main]: Pro detaily se podívejte do debug.txt.

Thank you for trying out my mod and posting this error.
Everything should work well again with the new version.
Can your read this?
 

User avatar
RSLRedstonier
Member
 
Posts: 443
Joined: Wed May 10, 2017 21:00
Location: some were in middle earth
GitHub: RSL-Redstonier
In-game: RSLRedstonier

Re: [Mod] Inventorybags [inventorybags]

by RSLRedstonier » Sun Dec 31, 2017 02:10

a.
m.
a.
z.
I.
n.
g!
"A programmer is just a tool which converts caffeine into code"

try out my skytest mod always being updated!
https://forum.minetest.net/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=17568
 

User avatar
nirasa
Member
 
Posts: 19
Joined: Fri Jun 10, 2016 10:11
Location: Czech republic
GitHub: nirasa1957
IRC: nirasa1957
In-game: nirasa

Re: [Mod] Inventorybags [inventorybags]

by nirasa » Sun Dec 31, 2017 12:48

cx384 wrote:
nirasa wrote:

Thank you for trying out my mod and posting this error.
Everything should work well again with the new version.

Yes! New version is OK :-)
Sorry for my english :(
 

User avatar
RSLRedstonier
Member
 
Posts: 443
Joined: Wed May 10, 2017 21:00
Location: some were in middle earth
GitHub: RSL-Redstonier
In-game: RSLRedstonier

Re: [Mod] Inventorybags [inventorybags]

by RSLRedstonier » Sun Dec 31, 2017 17:32

I get an error and crash when I try to mine cobble with this mod enabled I think it may be because it doesn't support overridden blocks as I have this as well in another mod

Code: Select all
minetest.register_node(":default:cobble", {
    description = "Cobblestone",
   tiles = {"default_cobble.png"},
   is_ground_content = false,
   groups = {cracky = 3, stone = 2},
   sounds = default.node_sound_stone_defaults(),
   emc = 1,
   drop = {
        max_items = 1,
        items = {{
            items = {'node "default:gravel" 1'},
       tools ={"skytest:stone_hammer","skytest:steel_hammer","skytest:diamond_hammer","skytest:mese_hammer","gs_tools:stone_sledge"},
   }, {
       items = {'node "default:cobble" 1'},
       tools ={"~pick","~sledge"},
      }}
    }
})


as far as I know it only happens with default:cobble node


here is the error I get

Code: Select all
2017-12-30 22:01:05: ACTION[Server]: singleplayer digs default:cobble at (2,0,-4)
2017-12-30 22:01:05: ERROR[Main]: ServerError: AsyncErr: ServerThread::run Lua: Runtime error from mod 'inventorybags' in callback ScriptApiNode::node_on_dig(): ...\minetest-0.4.16-win32-msvc\bin\..\builtin\game\item.lua:186: attempt to call method 'find' (a nil value)
2017-12-30 22:01:05: ERROR[Main]: stack traceback:
2017-12-30 22:01:05: ERROR[Main]:    ...\minetest-0.4.16-win32-msvc\bin\..\builtin\game\item.lua:186: in function 'get_node_drops'
2017-12-30 22:01:05: ERROR[Main]:    ...actory\mods\skyfactory\inventorybags-master/upgrades.lua:278: in function 'callback'
2017-12-30 22:01:05: ERROR[Main]:    ...\minetest-0.4.16-win32-msvc\bin\..\builtin\game\item.lua:529: in function <...\minetest-0.4.16-win32-msvc\bin\..\builtin\game\item.lua:453>


plz help as cobble is the worst block to crash when you try to mine in my modpacks
"A programmer is just a tool which converts caffeine into code"

try out my skytest mod always being updated!
https://forum.minetest.net/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=17568
 

Next

Return to Mod Releases



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 6 guests