Now I reworked the whole mod, added a sfinv tab and renamed it to skinsdb:
- Uses Players-attribute to store the skin
- Skins Metadata (Author, License) supported
- Public skins - Skins available for all players
- Private skins - Skins available for the owner-player only
- Hidden skins - useable but not in inventory list
- Multiple private skins per user supported
- Skins format 1.0 and 1.8 supported
- character_creator supported as "Enhanced private skin"
- homedecor's wardrobe supported als "hidden Skin"
- unified_inventory Tab (optional)
- sfinv Tab (optional)
- smart_inventory supported
- Chat commands to list, show, set skins or start an inventory independant UI
- Work together with 3d_armor
- Work together with clothing
- Skins API for flexible enhancement of any type
Donwload: https://github.com/minetest-mods/skinsd ... master.zip
API: https://github.com/minetest-mods/skinsd ... ter/API.md
Examples for usage how it works is the skinsdb's internal skinslist: https://github.com/minetest-mods/skinsd ... inlist.lua
And the character_creator integration: https://github.com/minetest-mods/charac ... t.lua#L225
Please provide skins that I can add to this mod!
Since the Skin updater scripts are removed, there is no easy provided skins anymore with this mod. Installing skins is manual effort on files level.
For the new Content database I think we need to add some pre-installed skins to the package. I think at least 4 (2x male, 2x female). Since 1.8er skins are supported I prefer this format.
This is an appeal for default skins to be pre-installed with this mod. I need the
- Skin file (png)
- Skin preview file (front foto) to be shown in inventory *_preview.png
- Skin name