Mine the first tree node from a tree while the sneak key is pressed, then wait till the whole tree is breaked down and in your inventory. The process can be stopped by pressing sneak key again. This is useful in jungle because no tree shape determination is implemented so all touching tree nodes are a single tree (could be half of the jungle :-().
Highlights / Features
- Lag-free because the work is not done at once. You can observe the woodcutting.
- You can stop the woodcutting by press sneak key second time
- You can add additional trees to process by digging other tree nodes manually
- The distance to the player is used to prefer next node so the player can partially influence the work direction on big areas
- The auto-mining speed is dependent on wielded tool, so the diamond axe is still advantageously than empty hand
- All checks and functionalities are processed (like hunger damage and tool wear) as if the player did the mining manually
- Really nice effect in combination with item_drop mod
- Does work with all trees in Item group "tree" and "leafdecay" leaves and fruits
- Simple HUD message about woodcutting process status if active
- For developers - an enhancement API (See README.md on github)
Mod review video by Nathan.S: http://nathansalapat.com/minetest/woodcutting