75%
no
25%

Total votes : 4

Hamlet

Re: [Game] Hamlet's Quest [2.1.0] [hamlets_quest]

by Hamlet » Fri Mar 02, 2018 19:45

Version 2.1.0 released (milestone)

This is how the game is meant to be, check the following changelog AND the first post to get an idea of how the gameplay has changed.

- Disabled cacti and wooden made armors and shields. They were active by mistake.
- Improved chains and chandeliers' look.
- Added charcoal, crafted by cooking tree nodes.
- Added in-game documentation, i.e. encyclopedia and node inspector tool.
- Added Real Trees' nodes to Fallen Trees.
- Added Hard Trees Redo, that disables digging tree nodes by bare hands; disables wooden pick and axe; adds rocks to dirt nodes; adds sticks to leaves nodes; changes stone tools recipes: you need rocks instead of stone, you can also use flints.
- Cacti now do damage; floor torches have been tweaked to damage only if you are standing very close to them or right over them.
- Dungeons' chests now use the default Minetest Game's chests.
- Dungeons are now made of brighter bricks, the old ones were way too dark.
- Balrog mob added; very hard to see one, almost impossible to defeat.
- Wooden bucket readded, it was removed by mistake.
- Lava buckets removed for realism's sake.
- Almost all of the game tweaks have been moved to hq_tweaks.
- Night skip while sleeping has been re-enabled for realism's sake.
- TNT module added to allow Dungeon Masters fireballs' explosions.
- Coal powder - to light torches - now can be crafted by using charcoal also.
- ../bash_tools/ files have been updated as needed.
- All the modules have been updated to their latest versions.

Hamlet

Re: [Game] Hamlet's Quest [2.2.0] [hamlets_quest]

by Hamlet » Thu May 03, 2018 19:35

Released v. 2.2.0

- Added SFInv Buttons by Wuzzy, check the inventory's "More" tab.
- Cavern spawn: Settings/Advanced Settings/Games/Hamlet's Quest
- Added Under Sky by Shara Redcat.
- Added charcoal block.
- Real Minerals' ingots and Default's ingots now can be swapped.
- Real Minerals' metal blocks now can be converted into ingots.
- Day lenght set to one hour.
- Real Torches set to last for 30min max.
- 20 hydration pts now last for 30min.
- Steel canteen and bronze canteen's capacity: 20, 30 (was 40, 60).
- Leaves set to phantom, climbable.
- Stone arrows' recipe modified to use rocks or flints, output = 3.
- Some DFCaverns' flora nodes now glow.
- DFCaverns' "bloodthorns" now hurt.
- Cut the number of spawned goblins.
- Swords' damage increased of 2pts.
- Crocodiles' spawn restricted to river water.
- Added Fort Spikes by xeranas.
- Added Extra armors for 3d_armor (v0.2) by davidthecreator

Hamlet

Re: [Game] Hamlet's Quest [2.2.2] [hamlets_quest]

by Hamlet » Wed May 16, 2018 12:32

Released v2.2.2:

- Updated 3D Armor, Everamzah Backpacks, Mobs Redo, Mobs Animal, Real Torch, Unified Dyes

Hamlet

Re: [Game] Hamlet's Quest [2.3.0] [hamlets_quest]

by Hamlet » Sun Jun 03, 2018 21:46

Released v2.3.0 "Winter is coming"

- Updated the game base to Minetest Game v0.4.17
- Added: Path marker signs [breadcrumbs], Frame, Mountain climbing [handholds], Hardcore torchs [hardtorch], Sounding line, Snow Walkers [mobs_others]
- Removed: Real Torches
- All the modules have been updated to their latest versions.

https://github.com/H4mlet/hamlets_quest/releases

Hamlet

LMD

GitHub: appgurueu
In-game: LMD + PRO_LMD + Limo

by LMD » Sat Jun 09, 2018 10:59

Being halfway to the first stable release I've thought to write you a... Teaser:

"To be or not to be?"

You used to think that you were being, but suddenly you have realized that you were not because real people have real needs while you did not ever since you can remember; for a turn of luck - wether good or bad, Fate will tell - now you do have real needs. Being alive can be a pain, but how can you tell what is a pleasure if you did not ever know what pain is? That is the whole point.

Being born in an age were gunpowder and electricity are yet to come, you need to roll up your sleeves and prove your muscles are worth for what they have been given you to.

Standing in a field of grass the wind blows as the wild beasts roam minding their own businesses - you are blessed, for all you have to do is to take what Mother Nature has readied for you to just to take it... unlike Town Folks you will never suffer the lack of a bed where to sleep, a roof under which rest, food to eat.

But every rose has its thorns: as the cat eats the mouse, there are some thinking that you could be a good meal - have no fear, as powerful as they could be, you are a step above them regarding intelligence: that's the ace up your sleeve, use it and it won't fail you.

And remember: if life on the above world seems though, think again - the Abyss is just a few meters under your feet. You might think that your arm is strong and your luck will protect you... it might be, or it might be not. Deep under the ground lies an hostile realm, but as fearsome and harsh it can be, well, its wonders are worth the journey.

Prepare yourself, for the Underworld Kings and Overlords have earned their titles, now it's your turn to prove yourself being worth of being called an Hero - or if you just want the loot... well, wealth beyond your wildest dreams... beyond any measure.

To be or not to be? That is the quest.

Exploring the edges of conspiracy. Gaining more and more, with the chance of suddenly losing all at one time. Surrounded by the most fearworthy enemies, you are almost sacrificed. Except if you prepare. To play or not to play, thats the question here.

Hamlet

by Hamlet » Sat Jun 09, 2018 18:33

Speaking of enemies, I am trying to make this game unique from that point of view.
The snow walkers are just the first step toward that goal; in the future releases I will add the Sidhe - pronounced "shee", "the mounds' people" - i.e. dwarves, elves, banshees.
I have tried to implement those mobs sticking to the Celtic and Northern folklore.
I will remove dirt monsters, mese monsters, oerkkis and sand monsters.
I will also add the humans, which in their latest version (not yet released) drop bones on death, allowing for banshees and ghosts to spawn. To give you an idea, the forest nearby my fort - showcase map - has become a nightmare; I was cutting wood until dusk, too far from the fort, while travelling back to it I've found myself in a rather unpleasant situation: there was a banshee crying (creepy) but I couldn't see her so I couldn't decide where to go... I stood a while trying to reckon where the fort was (I don't use the minimap), then I decided to risk and walk forth instead of turning back and wait for dawn.
The banshee killed me.

So yes, to play or not to play, to be or not to be; on thing is sure: if you don't play, you don't win!
And, loosing is fun!

Previous

Return to Game Releases