[Mod] Storage Interface [storage_interface]

User avatar
cx384
Member
 
Posts: 492
Joined: Wed Apr 23, 2014 09:38
GitHub: cx384
IRC: cx384

[Mod] Storage Interface [storage_interface]

by cx384 » Fri Sep 08, 2017 17:05

The Storage Interface mod is supposed to make item storing easier.
It's a simple and lightweight mod and it should be an alternative for MicroExpansion or Holostorage.

Image

License: GPL-3.0
Dependencies: default (technic_chests?, pipeworks?, connected_chests?)
Download: zip, tar.gz
Github: storage_interface

Pipeworks note: Currently you can pipe items into the storage interface but you can't pipe them out because of the pipeworks api.

How to use it:
  1. Place the Storage Interface next to your chests. (The chests have to border on each other. If they don't you can connect them with Storage Connectors. )
  2. Right click the Storage Interface. That's it.
If you want to change the destination of your items you can use the Sorting Filter Inscribing Tool.
Last edited by cx384 on Mon Apr 09, 2018 15:30, edited 3 times in total.
Can your read this?
 

User avatar
ExeterDad
Member
 
Posts: 1717
Joined: Sun Jun 01, 2014 20:00
Location: New Hampshire U.S.A
In-game: ExeterDad
 

User avatar
cx384
Member
 
Posts: 492
Joined: Wed Apr 23, 2014 09:38
GitHub: cx384
IRC: cx384

Re: [Mod] Storage Interface [storage_interface]

by cx384 » Fri Sep 08, 2017 17:39

ExeterDad wrote:Whoa! This looks amazing!

Thank you. :D
Can your read this?
 

User avatar
rubenwardy
Moderator
 
Posts: 5546
Joined: Tue Jun 12, 2012 18:11
Location: United Kingdom
GitHub: rubenwardy
IRC: rubenwardy
In-game: rubenwardy

Re: [Mod] Storage Interface [storage_interface]

by rubenwardy » Fri Sep 08, 2017 17:44

This looks really nice!

Have you considered trying unicode symbols for the navigation? Not sure how well they'll display in the game.

⇤ ↞ ← → ↠ ⇥
 

User avatar
cx384
Member
 
Posts: 492
Joined: Wed Apr 23, 2014 09:38
GitHub: cx384
IRC: cx384

Re: [Mod] Storage Interface [storage_interface]

by cx384 » Fri Sep 08, 2017 18:10

rubenwardy wrote:This looks really nice!

Have you considered trying unicode symbols for the navigation? Not sure how well they'll display in the game.

⇤ ↞ ← → ↠ ⇥

No the default fonts don't support this letters, maybe I will add icons.
Can your read this?
 

User avatar
cx384
Member
 
Posts: 492
Joined: Wed Apr 23, 2014 09:38
GitHub: cx384
IRC: cx384

Re: [Mod] Storage Interface [storage_interface]

by cx384 » Sat Sep 09, 2017 18:59

Update: Now you can add all stored items in one chest to your sorting filter with one click.
Can your read this?
 

User avatar
DS-minetest
Member
 
Posts: 1026
Joined: Thu Jun 19, 2014 19:49
Location: in front of my pc (which is at home)
GitHub: DS-Minetest
In-game: DS

Re: [Mod] Storage Interface [storage_interface]

by DS-minetest » Sat Sep 09, 2017 19:14

Nice!
But a bit cheaty…
Do not call me -minetest.
Call me DS or DS-minetest.
I am German, so you don't have to pm me English if you are also German.
The background is a lie.
 

User avatar
Fixer
Member
 
Posts: 866
Joined: Sun Jul 31, 2011 11:23
Location: Ukraine
IRC: Fixer
In-game: Fixer

Re: [Mod] Storage Interface [storage_interface]

by Fixer » Fri Sep 22, 2017 18:16

While in MC that was possible ages ago with refined storage and AE seeing something like that in minetest is ground breaking for me, my suggestions are posted on github (especially about UI).
 

User avatar
BBmine
Member
 
Posts: 3460
Joined: Sun Jul 12, 2015 22:51
Location: USA
GitHub: BBmine
IRC: BBmine
In-game: Baggins

Re: [Mod] Storage Interface [storage_interface]

by BBmine » Fri Sep 22, 2017 23:10

Wow! This looks nice!

One question, do those numbers under the stacks mean how many stacks there are?
 

User avatar
cx384
Member
 
Posts: 492
Joined: Wed Apr 23, 2014 09:38
GitHub: cx384
IRC: cx384

Re: [Mod] Storage Interface [storage_interface]

by cx384 » Sat Sep 23, 2017 08:00

BBmine wrote:Wow! This looks nice!

One question, do those numbers under the stacks mean how many stacks there are?

No, they show you the count of your items.
Can your read this?
 

User avatar
Devy
Member
 
Posts: 128
Joined: Sat Jan 21, 2017 02:31
GitHub: CoderForTheBetter
In-game: devy

Re: [Mod] Storage Interface [storage_interface]

by Devy » Sat Sep 23, 2017 18:56

cx384 wrote:
BBmine wrote:Wow! This looks nice!

One question, do those numbers under the stacks mean how many stacks there are?

No, they show you the count of your items.


So, for the first slot, there are 3366 cobblestone? Not 99?
Last edited by Devy on Sat Sep 23, 2017 21:55, edited 1 time in total.
 

User avatar
cx384
Member
 
Posts: 492
Joined: Wed Apr 23, 2014 09:38
GitHub: cx384
IRC: cx384

Re: [Mod] Storage Interface [storage_interface]

by cx384 » Sat Sep 23, 2017 20:36

Devy wrote:
cx384 wrote:
BBmine wrote:Wow! This looks nice!

One question, do those numbers under the stacks mean how many stacks there are?

No, they show you the count of your items.


So, for the first slot, the are 3366 cobblestone? Not 99?

Yes I think so
Can your read this?
 

User avatar
RSLRedstonier
Member
 
Posts: 449
Joined: Wed May 10, 2017 21:00
Location: some were in middle earth
GitHub: RSL-Redstonier
In-game: RSLRedstonier

Re: [Mod] Storage Interface [storage_interface]

by RSLRedstonier » Thu Dec 28, 2017 21:19

found this it is AMAZING and it gets better... it...stores...META DATA

well I guess that's not much of a surprise seeing as its only a central hub for the chests not a chest it self like the micro expansion minetest mod but still AMAZING

your mods make my mods look like those little 10 second 2mph baby roller coasters at amusement parks
truly great
"A programmer is just a tool which converts caffeine into code"

try out my skytest mod always being updated!
https://forum.minetest.net/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=17568
 

User avatar
RSLRedstonier
Member
 
Posts: 449
Joined: Wed May 10, 2017 21:00
Location: some were in middle earth
GitHub: RSL-Redstonier
In-game: RSLRedstonier

Re: [Mod] Storage Interface [storage_interface]

by RSLRedstonier » Thu Dec 28, 2017 22:05

created a giant chest like the minecraft giant chests mod

10X10X10
massive lag spikes when placing down new chests and takes like 10-15 seconds to open but its awesome

https://imgur.com/WmrV0W7

how much it can hold
https://imgur.com/AWMKauB

is this number the number of items it can hold or the number of stacks?
cause if its items then micro expansion beats this mod for most storage accessible in 1 block with a slight modification of adding another teir or 2 of drives
"A programmer is just a tool which converts caffeine into code"

try out my skytest mod always being updated!
https://forum.minetest.net/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=17568
 

User avatar
cx384
Member
 
Posts: 492
Joined: Wed Apr 23, 2014 09:38
GitHub: cx384
IRC: cx384

Re: [Mod] Storage Interface [storage_interface]

by cx384 » Sat Dec 30, 2017 14:58

RSLRedstonier wrote:is this number the number of items it can hold or the number of stacks?

It's the number of stacks, because it represents the quantity of available slots in all connected chests.
The storage can hold 89.910 tools, 8.901.090 items with stack_max = 99 or 5.892.251.850 items if stack_max = -1.
Can your read this?
 

User avatar
RSLRedstonier
Member
 
Posts: 449
Joined: Wed May 10, 2017 21:00
Location: some were in middle earth
GitHub: RSL-Redstonier
In-game: RSLRedstonier

Re: [Mod] Storage Interface [storage_interface]

by RSLRedstonier » Sun Dec 31, 2017 01:44

cx384 wrote:It's the number of stacks, because it represents the quantity of available slots in all connected chests.
The storage can hold 89.910 tools, 8.901.090 items with stack_max = 99 or 5.892.251.850 items if stack_max = -1.


wow that's a lot ty
"A programmer is just a tool which converts caffeine into code"

try out my skytest mod always being updated!
https://forum.minetest.net/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=17568
 

Sires
Member
 
Posts: 168
Joined: Mon Jan 02, 2017 21:00
Location: Hue knows...
GitHub: Sires0
IRC: Sires
In-game: Sires

Re: [Mod] Storage Interface [storage_interface]

by Sires » Wed Jan 03, 2018 17:07

I was developing the same idea ;-; Rip Sires' mod
Nothing to declare

For the ones reading this, expect a new minetest game soon ;-)

Also, Sires is not pronouncied like Siri, it's from Sir, use he not she(also not it, I'm not a thing :P).

**SORY MAY BED ANGLISH**
 

Sires
Member
 
Posts: 168
Joined: Mon Jan 02, 2017 21:00
Location: Hue knows...
GitHub: Sires0
IRC: Sires
In-game: Sires

Re: [Mod] Storage Interface [storage_interface]

by Sires » Wed Jan 03, 2018 17:08

I dun care I'll keep developing it and publish it
Nothing to declare

For the ones reading this, expect a new minetest game soon ;-)

Also, Sires is not pronouncied like Siri, it's from Sir, use he not she(also not it, I'm not a thing :P).

**SORY MAY BED ANGLISH**
 

User avatar
RSLRedstonier
Member
 
Posts: 449
Joined: Wed May 10, 2017 21:00
Location: some were in middle earth
GitHub: RSL-Redstonier
In-game: RSLRedstonier

Re: [Mod] Storage Interface [storage_interface]

by RSLRedstonier » Mon Feb 05, 2018 15:25

I think I may have been able to improve this mod slightly simply replace the node def for the storage interface connector with this

Code: Select all
local size = 2/16
minetest.register_node("storage_interface:storage_connector", {
   description = "Storage Connector",
   tiles = {"default_chest_top.png^storage_interface_connector.png"},
   groups = {choppy = 2, oddly_breakable_by_hand = 2, wood = 1,storage_interface_connect = 1},
   is_ground_content = false,
   sounds = default.node_sound_wood_defaults(),
   drawtype = "nodebox",
  node_box = {
    type = "connected",
      fixed          = {-size, -size, -size, size,  size, size},
      connect_top    = {-size, -size, -size, size,  0.5,  size}, -- y+
      connect_bottom = {-size, -0.5,  -size, size,  size, size}, -- y-
      connect_front  = {-size, -size, -0.5,  size,  size, size}, -- z-
      connect_back   = {-size, -size,  size, size,  size, 0.5 }, -- z+
      connect_left   = {-0.5,  -size, -size, size,  size, size}, -- x-
      connect_right  = {-size, -size, -size, 0.5,   size, size}, -- x+
  },
  connects_to = {"storage_interface:storage_interface","group:storage_interface_connect","default:chest","default:chest_open","default:chest_locked","default:chest_locked_open","technic:iron_chest","technic:iron_locked_chest","technic:copper_chest","technic:copper_locked_chest","technic:gold_chest","technic:gold_locked_chest"},
})

now the storage connector looks like a cable and will visually connect to any thing with the group tag group:storage_interface_connect also will visually connect to wood chests gold iron and copper chests and the storage interface itself
this modification is not a necessity but it makes it look cooler
"A programmer is just a tool which converts caffeine into code"

try out my skytest mod always being updated!
https://forum.minetest.net/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=17568
 

User avatar
cx384
Member
 
Posts: 492
Joined: Wed Apr 23, 2014 09:38
GitHub: cx384
IRC: cx384

Re: [Mod] Storage Interface [storage_interface]

by cx384 » Mon Feb 05, 2018 16:00

RSLRedstonier wrote:I think I may have been able to improve this mod slightly simply replace the node def for the storage interface connector with this

Code: Select all
local size = 2/16
minetest.register_node("storage_interface:storage_connector", {
   description = "Storage Connector",
   tiles = {"default_chest_top.png^storage_interface_connector.png"},
   groups = {choppy = 2, oddly_breakable_by_hand = 2, wood = 1,storage_interface_connect = 1},
   is_ground_content = false,
   sounds = default.node_sound_wood_defaults(),
   drawtype = "nodebox",
  node_box = {
    type = "connected",
      fixed          = {-size, -size, -size, size,  size, size},
      connect_top    = {-size, -size, -size, size,  0.5,  size}, -- y+
      connect_bottom = {-size, -0.5,  -size, size,  size, size}, -- y-
      connect_front  = {-size, -size, -0.5,  size,  size, size}, -- z-
      connect_back   = {-size, -size,  size, size,  size, 0.5 }, -- z+
      connect_left   = {-0.5,  -size, -size, size,  size, size}, -- x-
      connect_right  = {-size, -size, -size, 0.5,   size, size}, -- x+
  },
  connects_to = {"storage_interface:storage_interface","group:storage_interface_connect","default:chest","default:chest_open","default:chest_locked","default:chest_locked_open","technic:iron_chest","technic:iron_locked_chest","technic:copper_chest","technic:copper_locked_chest","technic:gold_chest","technic:gold_locked_chest"},
})

now the storage connector looks like a cable and will visually connect to any thing with the group tag group:storage_interface_connect also will visually connect to wood chests gold iron and copper chests and the storage interface itself
this modification is not a necessity but it makes it look cooler

Nice, do you want to send me a pull request on github or do you want me to do this?
Can your read this?
 

User avatar
cx384
Member
 
Posts: 492
Joined: Wed Apr 23, 2014 09:38
GitHub: cx384
IRC: cx384

Re: [Mod] Storage Interface [storage_interface]

by cx384 » Mon Feb 05, 2018 19:27

Update: storage connectors/storage cables lock better now (thanks to RSLRedstonier)
But I guess nobody is using them.
Image
Attachments
screenshot_20180205_202434.png
(325.26 KiB) Not downloaded yet
Can your read this?
 

User avatar
RSLRedstonier
Member
 
Posts: 449
Joined: Wed May 10, 2017 21:00
Location: some were in middle earth
GitHub: RSL-Redstonier
In-game: RSLRedstonier

Re: [Mod] Storage Interface [storage_interface]

by RSLRedstonier » Mon Feb 05, 2018 20:03

cx384 wrote:Update: storage connectors/storage cables lock better now (thanks to RSLRedstonier)

tbh the node box I took from technic wires
"A programmer is just a tool which converts caffeine into code"

try out my skytest mod always being updated!
https://forum.minetest.net/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=17568
 

User avatar
cx384
Member
 
Posts: 492
Joined: Wed Apr 23, 2014 09:38
GitHub: cx384
IRC: cx384

Re: [Mod] Storage Interface [storage_interface]

by cx384 » Tue Feb 06, 2018 15:51

RSLRedstonier wrote:
cx384 wrote:Update: storage connectors/storage cables lock better now (thanks to RSLRedstonier)

tbh the node box I took from technic wires

Well the node box is nothing special (e.g. pipeworks is using this too), but you got the idea to use this for the storage connector, so the credit belongs to you.
Can your read this?
 

User avatar
RSLRedstonier
Member
 
Posts: 449
Joined: Wed May 10, 2017 21:00
Location: some were in middle earth
GitHub: RSL-Redstonier
In-game: RSLRedstonier

Re: [Mod] Storage Interface [storage_interface]

by RSLRedstonier » Tue Feb 06, 2018 16:13

cx384 wrote:
RSLRedstonier wrote:
cx384 wrote:Update: storage connectors/storage cables lock better now (thanks to RSLRedstonier)

tbh the node box I took from technic wires

Well the node box is nothing special (e.g. pipeworks is using this too), but you got the idea to use this for the storage connector, so the credit belongs to you.

oh ok YAY I actually did something!
"A programmer is just a tool which converts caffeine into code"

try out my skytest mod always being updated!
https://forum.minetest.net/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=17568
 

User avatar
RSLRedstonier
Member
 
Posts: 449
Joined: Wed May 10, 2017 21:00
Location: some were in middle earth
GitHub: RSL-Redstonier
In-game: RSLRedstonier

Re: [Mod] Storage Interface [storage_interface]

by RSLRedstonier » Thu Feb 08, 2018 00:40

Hmm I wonder, it might not be possible as storage draws use objects instead of an inventory, but do you think you could possibly modify this code to make a second storage interface that works with drawers? maybe even make that block able to connect to the main storage interface

edit- if you do find a way please let it support the fork of storage drawers that has upgrades for the drawers
"A programmer is just a tool which converts caffeine into code"

try out my skytest mod always being updated!
https://forum.minetest.net/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=17568
 

Next

Return to WIP Mods



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot] and 4 guests