MineClone 2 Unofficial Official Textures

User avatar
Stix
Member
 
Posts: 1237
Joined: Fri Aug 04, 2017 14:19
Location: USA
IRC: Stix + Stix_
In-game: Stix

Re: MineClone 2 Unofficial Official Textures

by Stix » Thu Jun 07, 2018 22:04

Ektod wrote:well, i made them with the hunger and hearth textures someone already added to this tp

Oh well then its allowed, and very nice textures!

BTW: that "someone" was me :)
Hello, profile stalker...
Need to know something? "Google it" --GreenDimond
Next release of your favorite game? "Bugfixes" --Wuzzy
[OLD]The new Minetest-offtopic can be found here: https://minetestoftopic.createaforum.com/index.php
 

User avatar
StarNinjas
Member
 
Posts: 185
Joined: Wed Mar 14, 2018 00:32
Location: aincrad
GitHub: starninjas
IRC: StarNinjas
In-game: J1
 

User avatar
Stix
Member
 
Posts: 1237
Joined: Fri Aug 04, 2017 14:19
Location: USA
IRC: Stix + Stix_
In-game: Stix

Re: MineClone 2 Unofficial Official Textures

by Stix » Thu Jun 07, 2018 22:35

StarNinjas wrote:I think something like mo' ores already exists, mo_stones:
viewtopic.php?f=11&t=8871

Hate to break it to you but this is completely offtopic, maybe you posted this in the wrong thread?
Hello, profile stalker...
Need to know something? "Google it" --GreenDimond
Next release of your favorite game? "Bugfixes" --Wuzzy
[OLD]The new Minetest-offtopic can be found here: https://minetestoftopic.createaforum.com/index.php
 

User avatar
StarNinjas
Member
 
Posts: 185
Joined: Wed Mar 14, 2018 00:32
Location: aincrad
GitHub: starninjas
IRC: StarNinjas
In-game: J1
 

User avatar
StarNinjas
Member
 
Posts: 185
Joined: Wed Mar 14, 2018 00:32
Location: aincrad
GitHub: starninjas
IRC: StarNinjas
In-game: J1
 

User avatar
Ektod
Member
 
Posts: 31
Joined: Thu May 17, 2018 01:52
In-game: ektod

Re: MineClone 2 Unofficial Official Textures

by Ektod » Fri Jun 08, 2018 15:34

StarNinjas wrote:Ektod talked about mo' ores right? i was just telling him something already exist .



its a minecraft mod not minetest, its called "mo' ores and tools"
 

User avatar
StarNinjas
Member
 
Posts: 185
Joined: Wed Mar 14, 2018 00:32
Location: aincrad
GitHub: starninjas
IRC: StarNinjas
In-game: J1

Re: MineClone 2 Unofficial Official Textures

by StarNinjas » Sat Jun 09, 2018 20:14

Ektod wrote:
StarNinjas wrote:Ektod talked about mo' ores right? i was just telling him something already exist .



its a minecraft mod not minetest, its called "mo' ores and tools"

ok that fine then
 

User avatar
Ektod
Member
 
Posts: 31
Joined: Thu May 17, 2018 01:52
In-game: ektod

Re: MineClone 2 Unofficial Official Textures

by Ektod » Sun Jun 10, 2018 02:40

Although mainly new textures are needed, my critical personality tells me to improve some textures that did not convince me at all, like dirt...
Attachments
dirt.zip
zip! zip? zip...
(13.58 KiB) Downloaded 10 times
Last edited by Ektod on Sun Jun 10, 2018 19:46, edited 1 time in total.
 

User avatar
Ektod
Member
 
Posts: 31
Joined: Thu May 17, 2018 01:52
In-game: ektod

Re: MineClone 2 Unofficial Official Textures

by Ektod » Sun Jun 10, 2018 04:11

cobblestone... this is more like a placeholder
Attachments
default_cobble.png
(2.23 KiB) Not downloaded yet
 

User avatar
Stix
Member
 
Posts: 1237
Joined: Fri Aug 04, 2017 14:19
Location: USA
IRC: Stix + Stix_
In-game: Stix

Re: MineClone 2 Unofficial Official Textures

by Stix » Mon Jun 11, 2018 13:28

Ektod wrote:Although mainly new textures are needed, my critical personality tells me to improve some textures that did not convince me at all, like dirt...

personally i don't think the current dirt we have fits in with the rest of the new textures, thats why i made new ones for it, but dont expect yours to get added, they'll get refused same reason mine were, the lead guy of this project likes the current dirt to much to replace it. thats why i use my private copy with my own edits.
Hello, profile stalker...
Need to know something? "Google it" --GreenDimond
Next release of your favorite game? "Bugfixes" --Wuzzy
[OLD]The new Minetest-offtopic can be found here: https://minetestoftopic.createaforum.com/index.php
 

User avatar
GamingAssociation39
Member
 
Posts: 735
Joined: Mon Apr 25, 2016 16:09
Location: Maryland, USA
GitHub: Gerold55
IRC: Gerold55
In-game: Gerold55

Re: MineClone 2 Unofficial Official Textures

by GamingAssociation39 » Mon Jun 11, 2018 15:33

Update:
New dirt type textures by Ektod
Jesus Is Lord and Savior!!!
 

User avatar
Stix
Member
 
Posts: 1237
Joined: Fri Aug 04, 2017 14:19
Location: USA
IRC: Stix + Stix_
In-game: Stix

Re: MineClone 2 Unofficial Official Textures

by Stix » Mon Jun 11, 2018 16:09

GamingAssociation39 wrote:Update:
New dirt type textures by Ektod

Haha maybe i was wrong, it was certainly unexpected :P
Hello, profile stalker...
Need to know something? "Google it" --GreenDimond
Next release of your favorite game? "Bugfixes" --Wuzzy
[OLD]The new Minetest-offtopic can be found here: https://minetestoftopic.createaforum.com/index.php
 

User avatar
Ektod
Member
 
Posts: 31
Joined: Thu May 17, 2018 01:52
In-game: ektod

Re: MineClone 2 Unofficial Official Textures

by Ektod » Mon Jun 11, 2018 18:04

Stix wrote:
Ektod wrote:Although mainly new textures are needed, my critical personality tells me to improve some textures that did not convince me at all, like dirt...

personally i don't think the current dirt we have fits in with the rest of the new textures, thats why i made new ones for it, but dont expect yours to get added, they'll get refused same reason mine were, the lead guy of this project likes the current dirt to much to replace it. thats why i use my private copy with my own edits.


:) they were added, the only missing is podsol and coarse dirt

and dont worry, i think we all use a customized tp for mineclone2
 

User avatar
Stix
Member
 
Posts: 1237
Joined: Fri Aug 04, 2017 14:19
Location: USA
IRC: Stix + Stix_
In-game: Stix

Re: MineClone 2 Unofficial Official Textures

by Stix » Mon Jun 11, 2018 18:43

Ektod wrote:
Stix wrote:
Ektod wrote:Although mainly new textures are needed, my critical personality tells me to improve some textures that did not convince me at all, like dirt...

personally i don't think the current dirt we have fits in with the rest of the new textures, thats why i made new ones for it, but dont expect yours to get added, they'll get refused same reason mine were, the lead guy of this project likes the current dirt to much to replace it. thats why i use my private copy with my own edits.


:) they were added, the only missing is podsol and coarse dirt

and dont worry, i think we all use a customized tp for mineclone2

Yah, i guess we're all texture-editing freaks :P.
Hello, profile stalker...
Need to know something? "Google it" --GreenDimond
Next release of your favorite game? "Bugfixes" --Wuzzy
[OLD]The new Minetest-offtopic can be found here: https://minetestoftopic.createaforum.com/index.php
 

User avatar
Ektod
Member
 
Posts: 31
Joined: Thu May 17, 2018 01:52
In-game: ektod
 

User avatar
GamingAssociation39
Member
 
Posts: 735
Joined: Mon Apr 25, 2016 16:09
Location: Maryland, USA
GitHub: Gerold55
IRC: Gerold55
In-game: Gerold55

Re: MineClone 2 Unofficial Official Textures

by GamingAssociation39 » Tue Jun 12, 2018 01:11

I've added all of the ones that I had. There was a certain theme that I'm going with for this tp meaning I was looking for more of an MC vibe. I liked Stix's textures but it felt like they were a little washed out.
Jesus Is Lord and Savior!!!
 

User avatar
Stix
Member
 
Posts: 1237
Joined: Fri Aug 04, 2017 14:19
Location: USA
IRC: Stix + Stix_
In-game: Stix

Re: MineClone 2 Unofficial Official Textures

by Stix » Tue Jun 12, 2018 01:16

GamingAssociation39 wrote:I've added all of the ones that I had. There was a certain theme that I'm going with for this tp meaning I was looking for more of an MC vibe. I liked Stix's textures but it felt like they were a little washed out.

ill try to fix that when my computer is in running order.
Hello, profile stalker...
Need to know something? "Google it" --GreenDimond
Next release of your favorite game? "Bugfixes" --Wuzzy
[OLD]The new Minetest-offtopic can be found here: https://minetestoftopic.createaforum.com/index.php
 

User avatar
Ektod
Member
 
Posts: 31
Joined: Thu May 17, 2018 01:52
In-game: ektod

Re: MineClone 2 Unofficial Official Textures

by Ektod » Thu Jun 21, 2018 20:49

this one is a lot more like minecraft's dirt, and it fits very well each other
Attachments
default_dirt.png
(2.27 KiB) Not downloaded yet
 

User avatar
StarNinjas
Member
 
Posts: 185
Joined: Wed Mar 14, 2018 00:32
Location: aincrad
GitHub: starninjas
IRC: StarNinjas
In-game: J1

Re: MineClone 2 Unofficial Official Textures

by StarNinjas » Sat Jun 23, 2018 21:44

Ektod wrote:this one is a lot more like minecraft's dirt, and it fits very well each other

it does look like a mc dirt
 

User avatar
Ektod
Member
 
Posts: 31
Joined: Thu May 17, 2018 01:52
In-game: ektod

Re: MineClone 2 Unofficial Official Textures

by Ektod » Sun Jun 24, 2018 00:23

StarNinjas wrote:
Ektod wrote:this one is a lot more like minecraft's dirt, and it fits very well each other

it does look like a mc dirt

thx! that's the purpose ;)
 

User avatar
GamingAssociation39
Member
 
Posts: 735
Joined: Mon Apr 25, 2016 16:09
Location: Maryland, USA
GitHub: Gerold55
IRC: Gerold55
In-game: Gerold55

Re: MineClone 2 Unofficial Official Textures

by GamingAssociation39 » Tue Jun 26, 2018 04:41

Which one looks better? Meaning should we go with Ektod's v1 or v2?

Image
Attachments
Screenshot (466).png
(363.23 KiB) Not downloaded yet
Jesus Is Lord and Savior!!!
 

User avatar
Stix
Member
 
Posts: 1237
Joined: Fri Aug 04, 2017 14:19
Location: USA
IRC: Stix + Stix_
In-game: Stix

Re: MineClone 2 Unofficial Official Textures

by Stix » Tue Jun 26, 2018 14:10

GamingAssociation39 wrote:Which one looks better? Meaning should we go with Ektod's v1 or v2?

Image

I like the one the crosshairs are pointing at better.
Hello, profile stalker...
Need to know something? "Google it" --GreenDimond
Next release of your favorite game? "Bugfixes" --Wuzzy
[OLD]The new Minetest-offtopic can be found here: https://minetestoftopic.createaforum.com/index.php
 

User avatar
Ektod
Member
 
Posts: 31
Joined: Thu May 17, 2018 01:52
In-game: ektod

Re: MineClone 2 Unofficial Official Textures

by Ektod » Tue Jun 26, 2018 14:20

ektod's v2 with some tweaks (basically v3) EDITED comment and updated, download again pls

here:
default_dirt.png
(2.29 KiB) Not downloaded yet
100% perfect now
Last edited by Ektod on Tue Jun 26, 2018 18:08, edited 2 times in total.
 

User avatar
Lone_Wolf
Member
 
Posts: 1915
Joined: Sun Apr 09, 2017 05:50
Location: Hopefully very far from yours, snoop :P
GitHub: LoneWolfHT
IRC: Lone_Wolf
In-game: Lone_Wolf

Re: MineClone 2 Unofficial Official Textures

by Lone_Wolf » Tue Jun 26, 2018 17:09

GamingAssociation39 wrote:Which one looks better? Meaning should we go with Ektod's v1 or v2?

Image

V2
 

User avatar
Wuzzy
Member
 
Posts: 3210
Joined: Mon Sep 24, 2012 15:01
GitHub: Wuzzy2
IRC: Wuzzy
In-game: Wuzzy

Re: MineClone 2 Unofficial Official Textures

by Wuzzy » Mon Jul 02, 2018 23:37

Interesting project, the textures look nice and clean. Just the color of tall grass doesn't match nicely with grass blocks.


Note that due to the lack of a license, this means your texture pack (sadly) falls under copyright. This implies none of this can be part of MineClone 2, nor can I (or anyone else) distribute it alongside MineClone 2 without putting myself at legal risk.
My creations. I gladly take any bitcoins you have lying around: 17fsUywHxeMHKG41UFfu34F1rAxZcrVoqH
 

PreviousNext

Return to Texture Packs



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest