deSerialize: version 3186 not supported

tgp1994

deSerialize: version 3186 not supported

by tgp1994 » Post

While I was walking around, my game crashed with the specific above error printed in the debug.txt file. Here is a more complete excerpt:

Code: Select all

INGO: ClientEnvironment::addActiveObject(): added (id=80)
INGO: ClientEnvironment::addActiveObject(): added (id=81)
NodeMetadataList::deSerialize: version 3186 not supported
WARNING: MapBlock::deSerialize(): Ignoring an error while deserializing node metadata
WARNING: Invalid block data on disk fullpath=C:\Users\*******\Downloads\minetest-0.2.20110731_3-win32\minetest-0.2.20110731_3-win32\bin/..//world/sectors2/ff9/ffc/0002 (SerializationError). what()=MapBlockObjectList::update(): Unknown MapBlockObject type

In thread 19b0:
z:\softat\minetest-hg\src\map.cpp:3275: ServerMap::loadBlock: Assertion '0' failed.
Debug stacks:
DEBUG STACK FOR THREAD 2f8:
#0  MeshUpdateThread::Thread
DEBUG STACK FOR THREAD a1c:
#0  ServerThread::Thread
#1  Server::Receive
(Leftover data: #2  Server::SendBlocks)
(Leftover data: #3  Server::SendBlockNoLock)
(Leftover data: #4  BlockEmergeQueue::addBlock)
(Leftover data: #5  MapBlockObjectList::step: object wrap loop)
DEBUG STACK FOR THREAD 1798:
#0  main
#1  ClientMap::renderMap
(Leftover data: #2  ClientEnvironment::step)
(Leftover data: #3  Client::Receive)
(Leftover data: #4  Client::ProcessData)
(Leftover data: #5  MeshUpdateQueue::addBlock)
DEBUG STACK FOR THREAD 19b0:
#0  EmergeThread::Thread
#1  ServerMap::loadBlock
#2  ServerMap::loadBlock
Hope this helps.

Very nice Minecraft alternative, by the way! I hope for the future success of this project.

No-Half-Measures

by No-Half-Measures » Post

By the look of it, it's just Block data that's become corrupt/invalid.

Deleting
C:\Users\*******\Downloads\minetest-0.2.20110731_3-win32\minetest-0.2.20110731_3-win32\bin\world\sectors2\ff9\ffc\0002
will fix it.

The game Crashed out/Closed Down to actually save any other data having the same thing happening to it.
It rare data should become invalid but on the most part if it does its an easy fix anyways.
Last edited by No-Half-Measures on Sun Aug 07, 2011 09:45, edited 1 time in total.

Fixer
IRC: Fixer
In-game: Fixer

by Fixer » Post

tgp1994 wrote:While I was walking around, my game crashed with the specific above error printed in the debug.txt file. Here is a more complete excerpt:

Very nice Minecraft alternative, by the way! I hope for the future success of this project.
Try this http://weedy.ca/minetest/minetest-0.2.2 ... -win32.zip You can move your world there, but you need to delete corrupted file stated in debug.txt.

No-Half-Measures

Fixerol wrote:Try this http://weedy.ca/minetest/minetest-0.2.2 ... win32.ziip You can move your world there, but you need to delete corrupted file stated in debug.txt.
I'm going to make this Clear

Stop Directing People To Weedy's Build

His build is Based on Minetest-Delta thus there could be a number of other issues or problems that will not get you help here if a unknown problem arises.

Also Weedy's build DOES NOT fix the problem you are having tgp1994.

ALSO Fixerol 4 of 6 of the posts you have made have been telling people to use Weedy's build. Just makes me Think that there's a possibility of Miscellaneous code inside the build that could possibly harm and/or access some ones system since your so keen for people to use it.
Last edited by No-Half-Measures on Sun Aug 07, 2011 11:39, edited 1 time in total.

Fixer

by Fixer » Post

No-Half-Measures wrote:
Fixerol wrote:Try this http://weedy.ca/minetest/minetest-0.2.2 ... win32.ziip You can move your world there, but you need to delete corrupted file stated in debug.txt.
I'm going to make this Clear

Stop Directing People To Weedy's Build

His build is Based on Minetest-Delta thus there could be a number of other issues or problems that will not get you help here if a unknown problem arises.

Also Weedy's build DOES NOT fix the problem you are having tgp1994.

ALSO Fixerol 4 of 6 of the posts you have made have been telling people to use Weedy's build. Just makes me Think that there's a possibility of Miscellaneous code inside the build that could possibly harm and/or access some ones system since your so keen for people to use it.
Wrong. This particular build is not a delta but original minetest-c55 build compiled by Weedy (active user of minetest) with MSVC2010 which appears to have no "corruption" bug. Also, my antivirus has no problems here.

So after removing of C:\Users\*******\Downloads\minetest-0.2.20110731_3-win32\minetest-0.2.20110731_3-win32\bin\world\sectors2\ff9\ffc\0002 to avoid further errors tgp1994 can try link above. It worked for users who have serialization error including ME.

No-Half-Measures

Fixerol wrote:Wrong. This particular build is not a delta but original minetest-c55 build compiled by Weedy (active user of minetest) with MSVC2010 which appears to have no "corruption" bug. Also, my antivirus has no problems here.

So after removing of C:\Users\*******\Downloads\minetest-0.2.20110731_3-win32\minetest-0.2.20110731_3-win32\bin\world\sectors2\ff9\ffc\0002 to avoid further errors tgp1994 can try link above. It worked for users who have serialization error including ME.

This Section is too Help solve a Problem not just push it aside by suggesting something else to use.

original minetest-c55 build compiled by Weedy
Then how does suggesting someone to use that help?

with MSVC2010 which appears to have no "corruption" bug
Whether you use Libs compiled by yourself or 2010 instead of 2005 does not magically remove a corruption bug! The invalid Data issue can not Be fixed, it can be nullified but can't be fixed. Better Hardware on the clients system can nullify this to with a Better HDD ect. Id like to point out the Invalid Data issue is a Rare happening and doesn't happen all the time.

It worked for users who have serialization error including ME.
Well that because you started a new world or Removed the invalid data and thus with something that doesn't always happen haven't seen it since because its rare not because your using someone else's build.

Also
Weedy (active user of minetest)
Changing LIB's a little or just compiling them and then compiling Minetest with them does not make you an Active Users.
Active users Working on Minetest are they guys below:
https://github.com/erlehmann/minetest-delta/network and including Celeron

Everyone that's committed in the last week is a Active User! not someone that just doing the easy stuff and making it seem like something he's compiled fixes that really he's not because they are rare in the first place.
Last edited by No-Half-Measures on Sun Aug 07, 2011 13:16, edited 1 time in total.

Fixer

by Fixer » Post

Please, read this http://celeron.55.lt/~celeron55/minetes ... 1013#p1013 Also, I suggesting to post in one thread, not in both.
its rare
You are not listening, it dies in first minutes, or even faster. Builds made with msvc2010 work for _days_. Is bug fixed in this case - only loooong time will show. So you can grab it and test it. This is testing as it is, why you are opposing it i don't know. I don't want to proceed in this discussion.

No-Half-Measures

Fixerol wrote:Please, read this http://celeron.55.lt/~celeron55/minetes ... 1013#p1013 Also, I suggesting to post in one thread, not in both.
its rare
You are not listening, it dies in first minutes, or even faster. Builds made with msvc2010 work for _days_. Is bug fixed in this case - only loooong time will show. So you can grab it and test it. This is testing as it is, why you are opposing it i don't know. I don't want to proceed in this discussion.

it dies in first minutes, or even faster. Builds made with msvc2010 work for _days_
Yeah that because the Invalid Block(s) are still around. Thus Deleting them Solves the issue.
Going "Copy you world data over to this build and then delete that file that's causing the error" is only solving it Because you have deleted the invalid block(s).

You are suggesting to users to delete invalid blocks every few minutes instead of providing working build
Erm? Delete it once every few months/years maybe yes not every minute, once the invalid file is gone the error shouldn't occur again unless you Replicate somehow how you cause the last invalid block/file. Id like to point out i Develop on msvc2010 and have received this error once and deleting solved it haven't had it since yet.

You can't know everything. And yes - it matters after testing of compilers by perlock.
Whom said I knew everything? that's just you being childish in thinking so.
Yet i play on a version compiled in 2005? yet I DO NOT receive this error.... I'm still to see your logic in the differences of it since on a build compiled on mvc2005 I have not received this error nor has any of my friends playing Minetest.
This Section is too Help solve a Problem not just push it aside by suggesting something else to use.
Users already provided feedback. Developers don't know exact causes of this bug. However, working build available. Why are you insulting?
This made me LOL
How were you insulted by that?

Actually, Its caused Normally by flying across the map faster than to which your system can generate the chunks and the flying back over a chunk before its generate and conflict occur were part on the second time loading manages to seem into the first one that was still trying to generate. Hence why i said it can only be nullified.

tgp1994

by tgp1994 » Post

Whoa, sorry about my late reply, I didn't anticipate the activity! :)

@No-Half-Measures: Unfortunately, even after deleting that corrupted file, I crashed shortly after on a different corrupted file.

@Fixerol: That's interesting, coincidentally, I was running this on Windows 7 (Home Premium, 64 bit, SP2).

Is it true that celeron uses Visual Studio 2005? Perhaps he ought to consider upgrading to at least 2008.

No-Half-Measures

tgp1994 wrote:Whoa, sorry about my late reply, I didn't anticipate the activity! :)
No Worries
tgp1994 wrote:@No-Half-Measures: Unfortunately, even after deleting that corrupted file, I crashed shortly after on a different corrupted file.
Was the file name the same? Or different?
If it was different was the folder they same?
If the Folder was the Same then deleting that would have fixed it.

Any chances you have the Broken world still?
If so could you upload it to somewhere and pass the link by here to get it, id like to study this a little More.
tgp1994 wrote:@Fixerol: That's interesting, coincidentally, I was running this on Windows 7 (Home Premium, 64 bit, SP2).
You mean SP1? SP2 isn't out till mid 2012 ;]

tgp1994

by tgp1994 » Post

No-Half-Measures wrote: Was the file name the same? Or different?
If it was different was the folder they same?
If the Folder was the Same then deleting that would have fixed it.
Different folder and file the next time.
No-Half-Measures wrote: Any chances you have the Broken world still?
If so could you upload it to somewhere and pass the link by here to get it, id like to study this a little More.
I certainly do, here it is.

No-Half-Measures wrote: You mean SP1? SP2 isn't out till mid 2012 ;]
Ahh, darn :P There's me getting mixed up with the latest Vista and 7 SPs released again.