[CSM] Unicode Parser [unicodeparser]

muhdnurhidayat

GitHub: MuhdNurHidayat
IRC: muhdnurhidayat
In-game: muhdnurhidayat

[CSM] Unicode Parser [unicodeparser]

by muhdnurhidayat » Mon Apr 23, 2018 07:35

Unicode Parser

Unicode Parser (unicodeparser) is a CSM that displays a window for you to write unicode codepoint escapes then it will convert to real text string of that codepoints and send it out on public chat. To show the window, send .ug

The tool to convert text into unicode codepoint escapes is included, it is written in Python2 (for now).

This CSM was created so that I could chat in Chinese and Japanese which uses Input Method Editors (IME) in game but the Windows version of Minetest could never accepts IME into its chat. This is kind of workaround to bypass system limitation.

License: MIT
Depends: None

GitHub | Download | Open bug report

To Do
- Include translation support (which seems to be impossible right now because CSM can't access other files)

+ GIF in action
Last edited by muhdnurhidayat on Wed Jul 11, 2018 13:54, edited 1 time in total.
[ Full signature ] - UTC+8 here, contributing to Minetest Wiki. I'm muhdnurhidayat in IFS (mod), HOMETOWN & others. / Twitter / MT Offtopic ✂️- - - - - -

You just read my profile, right?
Because these few texts of signature only appear on profile page as the texts are cut in signature. xD

muhdnurhidayat

Re: [CSM] Unicode Parser [unicodeparser]

by muhdnurhidayat » Wed Jul 11, 2018 13:53

I've updated the csm.

Apparently some of the OS that would paste out unicode escape in Minetest uses a different format, \uXXXX instead of \0xXXXX. The new update ensure compatibility with those OS.

Additionally, I've added the command line option as well, so those who prefer to just paste can now do .uc followed by the text, no need to do .ug to open the GUI, but those who prefer to open GUI can still use it as usual.

Here's the new .uc in action, I use the \uXXXX format in the GIF but both format works.
[ Full signature ] - UTC+8 here, contributing to Minetest Wiki. I'm muhdnurhidayat in IFS (mod), HOMETOWN & others. / Twitter / MT Offtopic ✂️- - - - - -

Because these few texts of signature only appear on profile page as the texts are cut in signature. xD

muhdnurhidayat

Re: [CSM] Unicode Parser [unicodeparser]

by muhdnurhidayat » Fri Jul 20, 2018 19:07

I've updated the CSM.
New release here: https://github.com/MuhdNurHidayat/unico ... s/tag/v1.2

What's new:
  • The tool now convert the codepoint when you press enter after writing the text, so you don't need to click the button "Convert" anymore, but the button is still there for compatibility reasons.
  • The tool now copies the converted codepoint to your clipboard when ypu enter or press the "Convert" button, so you don't need to manually copy (Ctrl-C) anymore.
  • Added link to GitHub at the tool.
  • The tools now have icon, which is modified from Minetest icon.
  • Added Windows executable for the tool so that those who don't have Python2 would not need to install it just to use the tool.
  • Additional thanks to the following people who either tested the Windows executable file or given some advice to me:
    • Heathcliff#0001 ( Anime Trending Discord server)
    • Fidoze#7037 ( Anime Trending Discord server)
    • Aqo#5414 ( A.I. Channel Unofficial Discord server)
    • xnamkcor#3740 ( A.I. Channel Unofficial Discord server)
(Note: I purposely ask people not from Minetest community to test the executable because I don't want biased feedback.)

This is the ICO file used in the tool:

Return to Client-side modding