[Mod] Tectonic Map Generator [mg_tectonic]

Dokimi

GitHub: DokimiCU

Re: [Mod] Tectonic Map Generator [mg_tectonic]

by Dokimi » Sat Jan 26, 2019 20:48

texmex wrote:I’ve been contemplating building a game around this mapgen many times, it could be a lot of fun. What stops me is that I also want biome heat to influence the player and with the mix of hot and cold nodes and schematics that seems hard to do. Am I correct in assuming this?

Things have been rearranged in 0.2... maybe less of an issue than before? But yes I have used "rainforest litter" as the "forest litter" for all forest types (hot and cold).

Thorn0906 done something to make climate more accessible for other mods. Honestly not sure how that works, but it seems to work well with Weather mods now (I think it had issues before? Maybe I'm imagining things!).

You could perhaps use the "function climate(x, z, y, n_terr, n_terr2)" (in the init file, near the top). This is where climate is calculated.

disconnected

GitHub: discon-nected
In-game: disconnected

by disconnected » Mon Apr 15, 2019 19:45

This mapgen is awesome. Only one problem: is it just my machine or is the mapgen way more processor intensive than default mapgens? Not sure if this would work for a server unless there is a way to optimize it.

I hope it can eventually be efficient enough for a large server...
Code: Select all
[mg_tectonic] Mapchunk generation time 4413 ms
[mg_tectonic] Mapchunk generation time 3476 ms
[mg_tectonic] Mapchunk generation time 4389 ms
[mg_tectonic] Mapchunk generation time 4346 ms
[mg_tectonic] Mapchunk generation time 4349 ms
King of the Hill (CapturePoint) Server 》》》RATMIX.COM:30000

Dokimi

GitHub: DokimiCU

by Dokimi » Tue Apr 16, 2019 04:27

disconnected wrote:This mapgen is awesome. Only one problem: is it just my machine or is the mapgen way more processor intensive than default mapgens? Not sure if this would work for a server unless there is a way to optimize it.

I hope it can eventually be efficient enough for a large server...

Is this using the standard download, or the development version? Both are slow, and fixing this is beyond my skills (see above discussions).

I was just thinking this would be epic on a server ;-). Not sure what it would take to get it to that level though.

The development version in Minetest 5.0 seems a huge amount faster (map is also even more epic!). I've just been adding 5.0 content (e.g. permafrost), and bug fixing.

Current most annoying bug: kelp is not displaying correctly. It spawns but the "kelp" bit is just an empty selection box. Any body know why that would happen? (the new corals in contrast work fine... so I'm baffled!)

Previous

Return to Mod Releases