[Mod] missions [2.1] [missions]

BuckarooBanzay
Member
 
Posts: 43
Joined: Tue Apr 24, 2018 05:58
GitHub: thomasrudin
In-game: BuckarooBanzay

[Mod] missions [2.1] [missions]

by BuckarooBanzay » Thu May 17, 2018 09:07

Minetest mod for in-game mission creation.

Features
  • In-game mission creation for players and admins
  • Mission can span days or just seconds
  • Customizable steps of a mission
  • Create epic missions

Manual
See: https://github.com/thomasrudin-mt/missions

Demo
Pandorabox-Server: https://forum.minetest.net/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=20311

Downloads:
Github: https://github.com/thomasrudin-mt/missions
Version 2.1: https://github.com/thomasrudin-mt/missions/archive/2.1.zip

Screenshots:

Mission-block and wands:
Image

Main mission editor:
Image

Available mission steps (depends on installed mods):
Image

A step in which the player has to put items in a chest:
Image

Waypoint Configuration:
Image

Mission start (as seen by player):
Image

Running mission:
Image

Depends:
* default
* xp_redo?
* more_chests?

License

Code: LGPL 2.1
Textures: CC0
Last edited by BuckarooBanzay on Wed Aug 08, 2018 08:41, edited 10 times in total.
 

User avatar
D00Med
Member
 
Posts: 934
Joined: Sat Feb 07, 2015 22:49
Location: Australia...somewhere
GitHub: D00Med

Re: [Mod] missions [1.0] [missions]

by D00Med » Thu May 17, 2018 21:14

What sort of missions can this do?
Look! I have a signature :]
My subgame: https://forum.minetest.net/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=14051#p207242
dmobs2 is coming...
 

BuckarooBanzay
Member
 
Posts: 43
Joined: Tue Apr 24, 2018 05:58
GitHub: thomasrudin
In-game: BuckarooBanzay

Re: [Mod] missions [1.0] [missions]

by BuckarooBanzay » Fri May 18, 2018 05:23

At the moment only the transport mission (see 2nd image). You can enter a name, the reward and the chest you want it placed in (the content disappears from the chest after placement).

In the first image the two blocks on the left are implemented, the others are planned to be:
* craft (craft something)
* dig (dig x blocks of type y)
* goto (goto place x)
* kill (kill mob or player)
* walk (walk x meters)

You can emulate the not-implemented mission with the transport block:
* craft: place x into mission chest y
* dig: same
* goto: place 1 cobble to chest at x
* kill: place x pork or bone into chest
* walk: not possible, only walk to a mission chest

Integrates with the xp_redo mob for rewards and penalty (if enabled):
https://forum.minetest.net/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=20124
 

User avatar
D00Med
Member
 
Posts: 934
Joined: Sat Feb 07, 2015 22:49
Location: Australia...somewhere
GitHub: D00Med

Re: [Mod] missions [1.0] [missions]

by D00Med » Fri May 18, 2018 06:41

Oh ok, sounds like it will be very useful for servers.
Look! I have a signature :]
My subgame: https://forum.minetest.net/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=14051#p207242
dmobs2 is coming...
 

User avatar
texmex
Member
 
Posts: 869
Joined: Mon Jul 11, 2016 21:08
GitHub: tacotexmex
In-game: texmex
 

BuckarooBanzay
Member
 
Posts: 43
Joined: Tue Apr 24, 2018 05:58
GitHub: thomasrudin
In-game: BuckarooBanzay

Re: [Mod] missions [1.0] [missions]

by BuckarooBanzay » Mon May 28, 2018 08:27

Update 1.1:

Changelog:
  • Added Craft-mission
  • Added Dig-mission
  • Added Build-mission
  • Improved HUD Display
 

User avatar
Laser0073
Member
 
Posts: 59
Joined: Fri Jun 03, 2016 01:26
GitHub: Laser0073
In-game: Laser0073

Re: [Mod] missions [1.1] [missions]

by Laser0073 » Thu Jun 07, 2018 14:32

Wow these mods just keep getting better and better! This is looking very nice! :D
i5 6500 OC @3.5GHz, EVGA GTX 960 4GB, 8GB DDR4, ASROCK Pro4S, 128GB.SSD, MT 0.4.17, Linux Mint 18.3 (Ubuntu 16.04)
 

BuckarooBanzay
Member
 
Posts: 43
Joined: Tue Apr 24, 2018 05:58
GitHub: thomasrudin
In-game: BuckarooBanzay

Re: [Mod] missions [2.0] [missions]

by BuckarooBanzay » Wed Jul 25, 2018 07:37

Update 2.0:

Changelog:
  • Complete rewrite
  • Customizable in-game missions for players and admins
  • Mission consists of multiple configurable steps
 

Sokomine
Member
 
Posts: 3614
Joined: Sun Sep 09, 2012 17:31
GitHub: Sokomine

Re: [Mod] missions [2.0] [missions]

by Sokomine » Wed Jul 25, 2018 14:08

BuckarooBanzay wrote:At the moment only the transport mission (see 2nd image). You can enter a name, the reward and the chest you want it placed in (the content disappears from the chest after placement).

Transport missions may already be fine. Except that it's hard to imagine stories why one chest might require anything in particular. It'd be nice to extend this to mobs. It's more reasonable that a particular mob may need something specific. Well, and the "something" is also a bit toublesome. Most nodes and items are very common in MT. Stories may require something more specific. Perhaps items with metadata (books?). I've been thinking of a basket where the player could "put" all the things he's supposed to carry from A to B without having to create a texture for each one.
A list of my mods can be found here.
 

BuckarooBanzay
Member
 
Posts: 43
Joined: Tue Apr 24, 2018 05:58
GitHub: thomasrudin
In-game: BuckarooBanzay

Re: [Mod] missions [2.0] [missions]

by BuckarooBanzay » Wed Jul 25, 2018 14:20

Sokomine wrote:
BuckarooBanzay wrote:At the moment only the transport mission (see 2nd image). You can enter a name, the reward and the chest you want it placed in (the content disappears from the chest after placement).

Transport missions may already be fine. Except that it's hard to imagine stories why one chest might require anything in particular. It'd be nice to extend this to mobs. It's more reasonable that a particular mob may need something specific. Well, and the "something" is also a bit toublesome. Most nodes and items are very common in MT. Stories may require something more specific. Perhaps items with metadata (books?). I've been thinking of a basket where the player could "put" all the things he's supposed to carry from A to B without having to create a texture for each one.


The qoute above is already outdated, i rewrote the mod essentially from scratch again :)
In the new mission system you can already show the player a message and let him carry stuff to a chest.

The whole thing is now more modular, you can create multiple steps and order them as you like.
Here are the most important steps you could already use:
  • Message: Show a message with title to the player
  • Waypoint: Guide the player to a waypoint (Visibility in hud is optional, you could guide him with a text too)
  • Chest put: Let the player put items into a chest you own (or a dropbox from morechests)
  • Reward from Chest: Give the player some rewards from your chests
  • Reward with give: Same as above but reserved to admins with give privilege
  • Build or dig some nodes (count if confiurable)
  • ... more to come as the step-spec is stabilized
 

Sokomine
Member
 
Posts: 3614
Joined: Sun Sep 09, 2012 17:31
GitHub: Sokomine

Re: [Mod] missions [2.0] [missions]

by Sokomine » Wed Jul 25, 2018 14:23

It's just that I think that "mob put" might be more intresting than "chest put". Of course that raises the question weather the mob will be there (if it's mortal it might have been killed by another player), or if it's mobile it might have wandered off and/or fallen into the next hole. Still, appropriate mobs might carry an ID somewhere in their data that indicates that they're the right target.
A list of my mods can be found here.
 

BuckarooBanzay
Member
 
Posts: 43
Joined: Tue Apr 24, 2018 05:58
GitHub: thomasrudin
In-game: BuckarooBanzay

Re: [Mod] missions [2.0] [missions]

by BuckarooBanzay » Wed Jul 25, 2018 14:32

Sokomine wrote:It's just that I think that "mob put" might be more intresting than "chest put". Of course that raises the question weather the mob will be there (if it's mortal it might have been killed by another player), or if it's mobile it might have wandered off and/or fallen into the next hole. Still, appropriate mobs might carry an ID somewhere in their data that indicates that they're the right target.


I think that could be arranged with an additional "mob spawn" step just before the actual "mob put" step.
With this way you could also create dangerous monsters on demand as the player executes the mission :)

I'll put this on my roadmap for new Mission-steps...
 

Sokomine
Member
 
Posts: 3614
Joined: Sun Sep 09, 2012 17:31
GitHub: Sokomine

Re: [Mod] missions [2.0] [missions]

by Sokomine » Wed Jul 25, 2018 16:02

BuckarooBanzay wrote:I'll put this on my roadmap for new Mission-steps...

I'm looking forward to it. Some more interaction would definitely be beneficial for some types of games.
A list of my mods can be found here.
 

BuckarooBanzay
Member
 
Posts: 43
Joined: Tue Apr 24, 2018 05:58
GitHub: thomasrudin
In-game: BuckarooBanzay

Re: [Mod] missions [2.1] [missions]

by BuckarooBanzay » Wed Aug 08, 2018 08:40

Update 2.1
  • Redid the Main formspecs (Menu)
  • Added new Dig- and Build steps with specific nodes
  • Support for unified inv (abort/show)
  • Added /mission_abort command
  • Added Success/Fail counter
  • Added proper success message with sound
 

BuckarooBanzay
Member
 
Posts: 43
Joined: Tue Apr 24, 2018 05:58
GitHub: thomasrudin
In-game: BuckarooBanzay

Re: [Mod] missions [2.1] [missions]

by BuckarooBanzay » Fri Aug 10, 2018 05:59

There is a player on Pandorabox who built a parcour:

Image

Sadly i wasn't able to finish it in time :(
Credit goes to Der1248 (aka 1248)

Location
 


Return to Mod Releases



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 9 guests