Local Server Works, But Other Devices Cannot Connect

DrakeCahill13

In-game: DrakeCahill13

Local Server Works, But Other Devices Cannot Connect

by DrakeCahill13 » Thu May 17, 2018 19:28

So basically it doesn't work :P

I started by downloading a fresh version of Minetest, as well as MineClone 2. I even watched a YT video on it, which I rarely do. I made the server by installing everything on my Windows 10. I turned on the server. I got this error message (see screenshot).
The message comes up over and over again, frequently.
So I would first like help solving this problem, then if that doesn't help, I need help for this next bit:
Multiple android devices, a phone and tablets, all with Minetest apps. I insert the IP address, hit "connect", and it says "cannot connect to server". Router's on, wi-fi's on, everything's on. It works on the computer, but nothing else can connect.
What the heck is wrong with my server? The last server I tried to make had the same problem.
Attachments
ALPHA.png
See error messages above.
(312.85 KiB) Not downloaded yet

ExeterDad

In-game: ExeterDad

Re: Local Server Works, But Other Devices Cannot Connect

by ExeterDad » Thu May 17, 2018 19:52

Devices outside your local network won't be able to see you unless your router is told to do so. Many routers allow one computer to be exposed to the internet so all your ports are available. Many routers call this DMZ. Otherwise insure all incoming requests are forwarded to your server machine by specifying the port your server is running on.

DrakeCahill13

In-game: DrakeCahill13

Re: Local Server Works, But Other Devices Cannot Connect

by DrakeCahill13 » Thu May 17, 2018 20:11

ExeterDad wrote:Devices outside your local network won't be able to see you unless your router is told to do so. Many routers allow one computer to be exposed to the internet so all your ports are available. Many routers call this DMZ. Otherwise insure all incoming requests are forwarded to your server machine by specifying the port your server is running on.

Thanks, I'll try that ;)

Return to Problems