New Competitive Minetest Creative League

MattCommish

New Competitive Minetest Creative League

by MattCommish » Thu Jun 14, 2018 07:42

Hi everyone,
I'm new to Minetest but having an amazing time building cities. Only problem: It's a lonely experience, not even my wife is interested in what I build. :)
So I've decided to create a competitive Minetest league in which 20 players (teams) compete in a league-format in a 10 week season, playoffs and championship. Each week, the 5 teams in each division have an assignment (bridge, city hall, airport etc...). They build it and then share a screenshot video with the league. The owners outside their division vote on the best designs. We keep track of standings, division winners, wild cards, all leading to a championship.
I have run an online fantasy baseball league for years and I think this will be even more fun.
You can see more detail at this website: https://minetestcreativeleague.yolasite.com/
I will be releasing the full constitution for the league next week, once I see if there is interest.
We are going to start in August so if you are interested please send me an email at matt@rightbraincurriculum.com
Thanks so much! Matt

Jone

Re: New Competitive Minetest Creative League

by Jone » Mon Jun 18, 2018 18:16

I think this is a terrific idea. I am hesitant to become involved myself only because I cannot afford enough time to build things, but I will be watching your project with interest. I hope you are finding some interested players.

Phoenixflo44

GitHub: Phoenixflo44
In-game: Phoenixflo44

MattCommish

Re: New Competitive Minetest Creative League

by MattCommish » Thu Jun 21, 2018 04:18

I thought it was a good idea too but no takers so far. Maybe the Minetest community is a bit small? Anyway, if anyone is up for this idea do let me know.

Return to General Discussion