[Server] Pandorabox [5.0]

maikerumine

GitHub: maikerumine
In-game: maikerumine

Re: [Server] Pandorabox [5.0]

by maikerumine » Wed Apr 17, 2019 04:19

Holy Smokes! What a great server, this has it all!! I only played for a teeny bit [cobble master[ and thus far have found it to be most enjoyable.

The multi-layering of activities, missions, games, realms, play styles... Superb.
The website with the map and all the stats... Mega superb!

I really like the leveling, and earning for things, it makes long term gameplay entertaining.

Nice work guys/gals, I dig it!

BuckarooBanzay

GitHub: thomasrudin-mt
In-game: BuckarooBanzai

by BuckarooBanzay » Wed Apr 17, 2019 15:29

maikerumine wrote:Holy Smokes! What a great server, this has it all!! I only played for a teeny bit [cobble master[ and thus far have found it to be most enjoyable.

The multi-layering of activities, missions, games, realms, play styles... Superb.
The website with the map and all the stats... Mega superb!

I really like the leveling, and earning for things, it makes long term gameplay entertaining.

Nice work guys/gals, I dig it!

Thx for the nice words :)

There are a few things i would do different on my next server though:
  • Switch away from the technic/pipeworks (techpack has less lag i think: viewtopic.php?f=9&t=19784)
  • No more trees (viewtopic.php?t=4394) this mod is a huge lag-source if mapgen is active
  • Use the ethereal (viewtopic.php?t=14638) mod, because it looks just awesome
  • Introduce some kind of afk-kick for idle players
  • Restrict teleport travel somewhat, because it is really too easy to travel right now :)
  • Choose moderators more carefully (there were a few incidents with mentally "unstable" players)

I just wish minetest+technic would scale a bit nicer so more players could play without too much lag...

Festus1965

GitHub: Minetest-One
In-game: Thomas Explorer

by Festus1965 » Wed Apr 17, 2019 22:59

BuckarooBanzay wrote:There are a few things i would do different on my next server though:
  • Switch away from the technic/pipeworks (techpack has less lag i think: viewtopic.php?f=9&t=19784)
  • No more trees (viewtopic.php?t=4394) this mod is a huge lag-source if mapgen is active
  • Use the ethereal (viewtopic.php?t=14638) mod, because it looks just awesome
  • Introduce some kind of afk-kick for idle players
  • Restrict teleport travel somewhat, because it is really too easy to travel right now :)
  • Choose moderators more carefully (there were a few incidents with mentally "unstable" players)

I just wish minetest+technic would scale a bit nicer so more players could play without too much lag...

I am happy to read this, as so my research about profiler are right.
* moretrees - just cut down all the trees near the areas most gamer are, I got this mod down from 40% to 0, as cleared up the spawn area from too much (more-)trees
* technic, take off the radiation check and hit, settings
* pipeworks, I changed less than 5 lines, and reduced cpu using to half of before.
* depends on where player stand, and how large you choose the activating area, 3, 2 or 1, but when still stand, they mostly not a problem at me
* travelnet: I agree, I see the same - even realize the tp requests from gamer, so lazy to walk
some code is in my server thread to reduce lag, it also is some settings hardware, Linux cache + .conf, and the mod changes I made.

Good Luck.

Just a view days I thought about to do another thread with optimization for mts, with hardware, os settings, mt-settings and client settings, ( or like you mentioned, game-play as of using mods like travelnet and the things happen then ) mean 4 posts collect the best, used, and proofed to get faster,
but here are a view actors demand most of, that sounds like mts is or has problems they need to be "solved"

But I take the risk ...
I own minetest.one. Server Asia Thailand Minetest.one (5.0.1) via server.minetest.one:30001 using [Mod]s and build some own Mods.

parasite

GitHub: Parasitoid

by parasite » Thu Apr 18, 2019 19:05

BuckarooBanzay wrote:There are a few things i would do different on my next server

Are you going to shut it down?

maikerumine wrote:Holy Smokes! What a great server, this has it all!!

Lol maikerumine, it is good to see you are still here with us!

BuckarooBanzay

by BuckarooBanzay » Thu Apr 18, 2019 19:52

parasite wrote:
BuckarooBanzay wrote:There are a few things i would do different on my next server

Are you going to shut it down?

Of course not... ;) don't worry
Those are just my "lessons learned" so far...

BuckarooBanzay

by BuckarooBanzay » Fri Apr 19, 2019 18:34

Update 2019-04-19

There will be a downtime from 18:45 to 19:00 UTC today
I'm moving the server to another machine (i'm sick of the current lag)
DNS Resolution might be somewhat delayed, use the direct ip (91.132.144.157) to connect to the new location if the domain name (pandorabox.io) is not working

EDIT: everything up again!

Festus1965

GitHub: Minetest-One
In-game: Thomas Explorer

by Festus1965 » Sun Apr 21, 2019 23:42

works fine,
I build a small base far away - RTT 0.201 - 0.240
but some cry lag even I see on map or via /status - when just 0.7 ... don't feel anything slow,
good hardware, build ... !
I own minetest.one. Server Asia Thailand Minetest.one (5.0.1) via server.minetest.one:30001 using [Mod]s and build some own Mods.

Previous

Return to Servers