VanessaE's Home Decor modpack
► OverviewThis modpack is what I consider to be a nice, feature-filled home decor collection. It consists of multiple parts:
- Home Decor itself, which consists of a bunch of semi-independent mods, and supplies a bunch of stuff found in and around most homes (like window shutters, flower pots, home electronics, brass and wrought-iron tables, kitchen stuff, bathroom fixtures, and lots more)
- A "3d extras" mod, which redefines a few non-homedecor items to make them more 3d in appearance (e.g. bookshelves)
- sdzen's building_blocks mod, which supplies a number of additional decorative nodes both for building and for use in recipes
- thefamilygrog's lava lamps mod, revamped with meshnodes and new animations
- kaeza's computers mod, which supplies several modern and classic computers, peripherals, and gaming consoles.
- qwrwed's plasmascreen mod
- bas080's inbox mod
- jp's fork of the fake_fire mod
- my fork of Doc's chains/chandelier mod, with brass textures by jp
- my fork of Zeg9's Item Frames mod
- thefamilygrog's lrfurn mod, which adds couches/sofas and small tables (this mod has been split apart and integrated with other homedecor components)
This modpack is a work-in-progress, but is complete enough to be useful, and shouldn't irritate anyone too badly. :-)
► Mod InfoDependencies: Minetest 5.0.1 or newer, a corresponding minetest_game, and at least unifieddyes and basic_materials. There will be other dependencies here and there, as each sub-mod has its own needs.
Recommends: signs_lib (commit 4ff54c9a or later only),
my home workshop modpack,
windmill, moreblocks, unified_inventory, and currency.
Conflicts: Any of the mods mentioned in the "consists of multiple parts" list at the top of this post, if they had been installed separately. This modpack provides all of their functionality anyway, and in most cases improves on them.
License: LGPL 3.0 for code, CC-by-SA 4.0 for media and everything else.
PLEASE NOTE: This mod is a rolling-release and receives commits frequently. Check this thread and the "code" link below for updates!
Get it as a zip: https://gitlab.com/VanessaE/homedecor_m ... master.zip
...or browse the code: https://gitlab.com/VanessaE/homedecor_modpack
Install: Unzip the distribution archive, rename the resultant VanessaE-homedecor_modpack-blahblah folder to just "homedecor_modpack", move it into Minetest's mods directory, and enable the modpack via your desired world's "Configure" menu as usual.
► Colorization SupportThis mod uses Unified Dyes to provide a wide range of colors to many of its objects. Of course, not everything can be colored (who needs a pink kitchen cabinet or a blue television?), but just about anything that one could reasonably expect to color can be. Those objects include bathroom tiles, beds, books, kitchen chairs (the ones with wool seats, not all-wooden), armchairs, curtains, glow lights (all three sizes), lava lamps, table and standing lamps, desk lamps, sofas, and window shutters.
► Credits / Miscellaneous
- Various bits of code (especially for the inventory code used in various places), plus a few miscellaneous images, were borrowed from the files which come with Minetest and altered to suit.
- Many thanks to Jeija for coming up with an elegant cylinder using nodeboxes (see his 'irregular' mods). A variation of his code is used for the round brass lampposts.
- Many thanks also to GloopMaster for explaining how to do use the inventory stuff.
- A special thanks to jin_xi and cornernote for helping me figure out what was going wrong with the on-placement code for the fridge.
- The shapes for the various 3dforniture objects came from Tonyka's mod (though all code has been written from scratch). Many thanks to Kaeza for integrating those items into this modpack!