Minetest mapserver

BuckarooBanzay
Member
 
Posts: 288
Joined: Tue Apr 24, 2018 05:58
Location: Switzerland
GitHub: thomasrudin-mt
In-game: BuckarooBanzai

Re: Minetest mapserver [1.0.0]

by BuckarooBanzay » Thu Feb 28, 2019 21:36

gpcf wrote:Is this already operational on your server?


Not yet, still ironing out some issues with postgres, it will though in the next few weeks :)
 

Mikola
Member
 
Posts: 16
Joined: Fri Nov 24, 2017 18:01
GitHub: Mikola314
In-game: mikola

Re: Minetest mapserver [1.0.0]

by Mikola » Thu Mar 07, 2019 11:15

Hello.
Found problems when using mod mapserver in minetest 5.0 (win32 release).

Fulfilled all points on instructions https://github.com/thomasrudin-mt/mapserver/blob/master/doc/mod.md .

In minetest 0.4.17.1 the player is displayed on the map. No errors.

In minetest 5.0 the player is not displayed on the map. In minetest debug.txt has messages:

Code: Select all
ACTION[Server]: Mod performs HTTP request with URL http://127.0.0.1:8080/api/minetest

ERROR[CurlFetch]: http://127.0.0.1:8080/api/minetest not found (HTTP response code said error) (response code 500)


In the terminal, the mapserver-windows-x86.exe synchronously displays the messages:
Code: Select all
level=error msg="Json unmarshal" error="json: cannot unmarshal number 11.0 into Go struct field Player.breath of type int" prefix=mapodjectdb


P.S. For minetest 5.0 I used mapserver.key from the world for minetest 5.0.
 

DoyleChris
Member
 
Posts: 252
Joined: Sat Jul 25, 2015 19:54
In-game: DoyleChris

Re: Minetest mapserver [1.0.0]

by DoyleChris » Sun Mar 10, 2019 01:36

Players still are not showing up. I was able to place some dyed wool on the map and it showed up on the webpage. But i dont see my name on the map.
 

BuckarooBanzay
Member
 
Posts: 288
Joined: Tue Apr 24, 2018 05:58
Location: Switzerland
GitHub: thomasrudin-mt
In-game: BuckarooBanzai

Re: Minetest mapserver [1.0.0]

by BuckarooBanzay » Sun Mar 10, 2019 10:56

Mikola wrote:Hello.
Found problems when using mod mapserver in minetest 5.0 (win32 release).

Fulfilled all points on instructions https://github.com/thomasrudin-mt/mapserver/blob/master/doc/mod.md .

In minetest 0.4.17.1 the player is displayed on the map. No errors.

In minetest 5.0 the player is not displayed on the map. In minetest debug.txt has messages:

Code: Select all
ACTION[Server]: Mod performs HTTP request with URL http://127.0.0.1:8080/api/minetest

ERROR[CurlFetch]: http://127.0.0.1:8080/api/minetest not found (HTTP response code said error) (response code 500)


In the terminal, the mapserver-windows-x86.exe synchronously displays the messages:
Code: Select all
level=error msg="Json unmarshal" error="json: cannot unmarshal number 11.0 into Go struct field Player.breath of type int" prefix=mapodjectdb


P.S. For minetest 5.0 I used mapserver.key from the world for minetest 5.0.


Thx for reporting, this should be fixed in the new version 1.0.1
 

BuckarooBanzay
Member
 
Posts: 288
Joined: Tue Apr 24, 2018 05:58
Location: Switzerland
GitHub: thomasrudin-mt
In-game: BuckarooBanzai

Re: Minetest mapserver [1.0.0]

by BuckarooBanzay » Sun Mar 10, 2019 10:56

DoyleChris wrote:Players still are not showing up. I was able to place some dyed wool on the map and it showed up on the webpage. But i dont see my name on the map.


Did you install the mapserver mod in active-mode?
https://github.com/thomasrudin-mt/mapse ... ctive-mode
 

DoyleChris
Member
 
Posts: 252
Joined: Sat Jul 25, 2015 19:54
In-game: DoyleChris

Re: Minetest mapserver [1.0.1]

by DoyleChris » Sun Mar 10, 2019 20:00

Well I added this to the minetest.conf

secure.http_mods = mapserver
mapserver.url = http://192.168.1.141:8080
mapserver.key = Changed to the one in the mapserver.json

But it still dosent show.
 

BuckarooBanzay
Member
 
Posts: 288
Joined: Tue Apr 24, 2018 05:58
Location: Switzerland
GitHub: thomasrudin-mt
In-game: BuckarooBanzai

Re: Minetest mapserver [1.0.1]

by BuckarooBanzay » Mon Mar 11, 2019 21:01

DoyleChris wrote:Well I added this to the minetest.conf

secure.http_mods = mapserver
mapserver.url = http://192.168.1.141:8080
mapserver.key = Changed to the one in the mapserver.json

But it still dosent show.


Can you share the action-output (debug.txt) of the minetest-server? it should contain some of the http-calls...
One other thing: what browser do you use?
 

DoyleChris
Member
 
Posts: 252
Joined: Sat Jul 25, 2015 19:54
In-game: DoyleChris

Re: Minetest mapserver [1.0.1]

by DoyleChris » Mon Mar 11, 2019 23:35

Well i use chrome to view it. And then the debug.txt what am i looking for.
 

BuckarooBanzay
Member
 
Posts: 288
Joined: Tue Apr 24, 2018 05:58
Location: Switzerland
GitHub: thomasrudin-mt
In-game: BuckarooBanzai

Re: Minetest mapserver [1.0.1]

by BuckarooBanzay » Tue Mar 12, 2019 19:11

DoyleChris wrote:Well i use chrome to view it. And then the debug.txt what am i looking for.


There should be a debug.txt file or some console output with something like this in it:
Code: Select all
ACTION[Server]: Mod performs HTTP request with URL http://127.0.0.1:8080/api/minetest
ERROR[CurlFetch]: http://127.0.0.1:8080/api/minetest not found (HTTP response code said error) (response code 500)


The "response code 500" is an error case though...
Alternatively: can ou describe your setup? (sqlite/postgres, mods, version, etc)
 

BuckarooBanzay
Member
 
Posts: 288
Joined: Tue Apr 24, 2018 05:58
Location: Switzerland
GitHub: thomasrudin-mt
In-game: BuckarooBanzai

Re: Minetest mapserver

by BuckarooBanzay » Sat May 04, 2019 19:40

Version 2.1.0

Changes:

Images:
Image
Image
 

User avatar
Joseph16
Member
 
Posts: 308
Joined: Tue Dec 06, 2016 05:35
In-game: Joseph16

Re: Minetest mapserver

by Joseph16 » Mon May 06, 2019 16:57

For some reason both windows antivirus and malwarebytes thinks the windows .exe is a virus, ransomware to be exact. malwarebytes even went as far as automatically deleting it.
Testin' mines since 1989
 

BuckarooBanzay
Member
 
Posts: 288
Joined: Tue Apr 24, 2018 05:58
Location: Switzerland
GitHub: thomasrudin-mt
In-game: BuckarooBanzai

Re: Minetest mapserver

by BuckarooBanzay » Mon May 06, 2019 17:39

Joseph13 wrote:For some reason both windows antivirus and malwarebytes thinks the windows .exe is a virus, ransomware to be exact. malwarebytes even went as far as automatically deleting it.


Uhm, yeah. thats not the first time i hear that :/
I think the problem was the ipv6 tcp listener...

I created a new release with forced ipv4:
https://github.com/thomasrudin-mt/mapse ... /tag/2.1.1

Let me know if it works :)

EDIT: i think i saw (and wanted to quote) your previous post in which you stated that the port-forwarding did not work
 

User avatar
Joseph16
Member
 
Posts: 308
Joined: Tue Dec 06, 2016 05:35
In-game: Joseph16

Re: Minetest mapserver

by Joseph16 » Mon May 06, 2019 20:20

Thanks for the quick reply- I did get the port forwarding to work, I just needed to use my routers external IP for the web page.
Testin' mines since 1989
 

User avatar
Joseph16
Member
 
Posts: 308
Joined: Tue Dec 06, 2016 05:35
In-game: Joseph16

Re: Minetest mapserver

by Joseph16 » Mon May 06, 2019 20:23

May I also ask what shop mod does it work with? What mod is seen in the screenshots?
Testin' mines since 1989
 

BuckarooBanzay
Member
 
Posts: 288
Joined: Tue Apr 24, 2018 05:58
Location: Switzerland
GitHub: thomasrudin-mt
In-game: BuckarooBanzai

Re: Minetest mapserver

by BuckarooBanzay » Mon May 06, 2019 21:06

Joseph13 wrote:May I also ask what shop mod does it work with? What mod is seen in the screenshots?


Currently only fancyvend and smartshops
 

User avatar
Joseph16
Member
 
Posts: 308
Joined: Tue Dec 06, 2016 05:35
In-game: Joseph16

Re: Minetest mapserver

by Joseph16 » Mon May 06, 2019 21:26

Thanks! I will be adding these to my server. Also, is there any planned feature to show the number of online players on the map? That would be really neat. And, good work on the mod so far I’m really glad it exists.
Testin' mines since 1989
 

User avatar
Joseph16
Member
 
Posts: 308
Joined: Tue Dec 06, 2016 05:35
In-game: Joseph16

Re: Minetest mapserver

by Joseph16 » Tue May 07, 2019 01:03

Code: Select all
2019-05-06 21:01:28: ACTION[Server]: Mod performs HTTP request with URL http://127.0.0.1:8080/api/minetest

Is there any way to stop these messages filling the server command window and debug.txt? It makes the console window pretty much useless and the debug.txt file filled with these entries all the time.
Testin' mines since 1989
 

BuckarooBanzay
Member
 
Posts: 288
Joined: Tue Apr 24, 2018 05:58
Location: Switzerland
GitHub: thomasrudin-mt
In-game: BuckarooBanzai

Re: Minetest mapserver

by BuckarooBanzay » Wed May 08, 2019 15:30

Joseph13 wrote:
Code: Select all
2019-05-06 21:01:28: ACTION[Server]: Mod performs HTTP request with URL http://127.0.0.1:8080/api/minetest

Is there any way to stop these messages filling the server command window and debug.txt? It makes the console window pretty much useless and the debug.txt file filled with these entries all the time.


Yes, minetest logs currently all http-requests :/
Don't worry: if you have enough players the requests in the logs aren't a problem anymore :D

You could open an issue in the minetest repo about that...

Joseph13 wrote:For some reason both windows antivirus and malwarebytes thinks the windows .exe is a virus, ransomware to be exact. malwarebytes even went as far as automatically deleting it.


Can you report back on that?
I checked the binaries on some online virus-scanners but they reported no such thing...
 

User avatar
Joseph16
Member
 
Posts: 308
Joined: Tue Dec 06, 2016 05:35
In-game: Joseph16

Re: Minetest mapserver

by Joseph16 » Wed May 08, 2019 15:32

I’ll download the fixed server and report in a minute.
Testin' mines since 1989
 

User avatar
Joseph16
Member
 
Posts: 308
Joined: Tue Dec 06, 2016 05:35
In-game: Joseph16

Re: Minetest mapserver

by Joseph16 » Wed May 08, 2019 16:10

This seems to have fixed it. No notifications from antivirus. Thanks!
Testin' mines since 1989
 

User avatar
Joseph16
Member
 
Posts: 308
Joined: Tue Dec 06, 2016 05:35
In-game: Joseph16
 

BuckarooBanzay
Member
 
Posts: 288
Joined: Tue Apr 24, 2018 05:58
Location: Switzerland
GitHub: thomasrudin-mt
In-game: BuckarooBanzai

Re: Minetest mapserver

by BuckarooBanzay » Thu May 09, 2019 17:41

Joseph13 wrote:Thanks


Can you stop editing your posts!!
It is hard to see whats going on this way.
This is a forum not a wiki, it is ok to see some history here.
 

User avatar
Joseph16
Member
 
Posts: 308
Joined: Tue Dec 06, 2016 05:35
In-game: Joseph16

Re: Minetest mapserver

by Joseph16 » Thu May 09, 2019 18:09

Ok, sorry. I created a big long post only to figure it out myself . Didn’t want to bother you.
Testin' mines since 1989
 

BuckarooBanzay
Member
 
Posts: 288
Joined: Tue Apr 24, 2018 05:58
Location: Switzerland
GitHub: thomasrudin-mt
In-game: BuckarooBanzai

Re: Minetest mapserver

by BuckarooBanzay » Sun May 12, 2019 17:34

Joseph13 wrote:Is there any way to stop these messages filling the server command window and debug.txt? It makes the console window pretty much useless and the debug.txt file filled with these entries all the time.


I just saw your issue/ticket: https://github.com/minetest/minetest/issues/8525
Thx, i wanted to do that the next few days but your beat me to it :P
 

User avatar
Joseph16
Member
 
Posts: 308
Joined: Tue Dec 06, 2016 05:35
In-game: Joseph16

Re: Minetest mapserver

by Joseph16 » Sun May 12, 2019 17:35

Yeah, I guess I’ll have to wait for the next release to see the changes.
Testin' mines since 1989
 

PreviousNext

Return to Minetest-related projects



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest