Download Latest Release (3.2): (use latest development link below if this is not working)
This mod adds snow biomes to minetest.
There are nine biome types: (click on one to see the image)
- You can craft icy snow blocks with four ice and snow.
- You can craft snow bricks with four snow blocks.
- Snow and ice melts when near warm blocks such as lava, torches etc.
- Water freezes over when snow blocks are in contact.
- Snow with multiple levels!
- Moss spreads on cobble to make mossy cobble.
- Christmas trees can be found when digging pine needles.
- It snows and raises the snow level in the area evenly.
- Sleds can be crafted to travel faster on snow.
- Add actual icebergs.
You *may* experience server slow down while the snow biomes are generated.
Snow biomes is compatible with a v7 generated map.
Minimum Minetest version: 0.4.9
Textures: Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported (CC BY-SA 3.0)
Latest Development Download: https://github.com/Splizard/minetest-mod-snow/archive/master.zip
(these override the settings of config.txt found in the mod folder)
- Code: Select all
# Whether you are running a legacy minetest version (auto-detected).
snow_legacy = false
# Enables falling snow.
snow_enable_snowfall = true
# Reduces the amount of resources and fps used by snowfall.
lighter_snowfall = false
# Disable this to stop snow from being smoothed.
snow_smooth_snow = true
# Disable this to remove christmas saplings from being found.
snow_christmas_content = true
# The minumum height a snow biome will generate.
snow_min_height = 3
# Enables debug output.
snow_debug = false
# Enables smooth transition of biomes
snow_smooth_biomes = true
# Disable this to prevent sleds from being riden.
sleds = true
you can use minetestmapper.py for this mod by adding
- Code: Select all
snow:snow 255 255 255
snow:snow_block 255 255 255
snow:ice 144 217 234