Craft a radio transmitter and place it in the world. Right click on transmitter opens configuration dialog, where player can set frequency and RDS message.
- Empty frequency turns transmitter off.
- Transmitter information is displayed as info text when player points at it.
- RDS message can be multiline. However, it is transmitted line by line.
- RDS message and frequency can be set via digiline. Also, you can read transmitter configuration via digiline too.
Beacon is a simplified transmitter. When placed, it automatically tunes on a random unoccupied frequency from predefined range. Beacon frequency range is determined by "beacon_frequency" setting.
- Beacon frequency is displayed as info text when player points at it.
Handheld receiver is a wielded tool.
- Left click opens configuration dialog to set frequency. Empty string turns receiver off.
- Shift + left click toggles reception of RDS messages.
If RDS reception is toggled on, the RDS messages from all transmitters on this frequency are enqueued and will be send one by one as a chat messages to the player with 10 seconds interval. When RDS message queue becomes empty, it refills and starts over again.
Right click on receiver opens configuration window to set frequency. Receiver displays RDS messages as infotext in the same way as handheld receiver. It does not have signal power meter.
- You can operate the receiver via digiline in the same way as the transmitter.
- Play "fox hunt" - place beacons or transmitters anywhere in the world, give frequency to other players so they can search the beacons.
- Hide a treasure and place a beacon nearby. You know what to do next.
- Organize a radio bulletin board by picking a frequency which all players can use for their announcements.
- Operate your transmitters with digiline to receive notification on radio.
Optional depends: basic_materials, technic, digilines
Download: latest version