Post your mod requests/ideas here

Ender3Guy

GitHub: MisterPrintf

Re: Post your mod requests/ideas here

by Ender3Guy » Tue Jul 09, 2019 03:25

Hugues Ross wrote:Lua's syntax and quirks (arrays start at 1, for instance) may take some getting used to, but it's a pretty simple language overall. Go for it!

Thanks for the encouragement! I started working on it today and have bronze, stone and steel swords forgeable. I also am working on an obsidian sword, which requires a complex sequence of crafting and smelting.

Looking ahead, I'll probably add forging for all the other tools, as well as shears or something for cutting leaves. Once that is done I'll probably post the mod.

ShallowDweller

by ShallowDweller » Fri Jul 26, 2019 21:47

I have no idea if those are possible nor how intensive it would be for the computer to run them but...

1) Something similar to minecraft's mod light level overlay: it puts a number that shows the light level of the air block above those blocks within a short range. green numbers for light levels too high for monster spawn and red numbers for light levels low enough for monster spawn. even if you don't have to worry about monster spawn, it is very usefull for underground/nighttime/indoors farming and for efficient light source distribution.
+ screenshot of the minecraft mod

Maybe add the overlay as an effect of a placed item? Or allow the player to chose the color overlay for each light level?

2) There was a crafting manager mod in minecraft that solved crafting conflicts by adding a pair of arrow buttons under the output, showing how many possible outputs existed for a given recipe and allowing the player to pick wichever one they wanted. The player would click on the arrows to browse the possible outputs. I'm not sure if that would work for furnaces, but it could work for the in-inventory crafting. Is it possible to inplement in a mod that would be compatible to all the inventory mods? Or even in the inventory mods themselves?

MordMaister

by MordMaister » Thu Aug 15, 2019 16:28

Hi,

I was wondering if it would be possible to and a new type of liquid into the game(slime). I would like to even try to mode by myself (since I have a Lua/Love2d experience from my WIP project), bit I'm not sure where should I look at.

TumeniNodes

GitHub: TumeniNodes
IRC: tumeninodes
In-game: TumeniNodes

by TumeniNodes » Thu Aug 15, 2019 16:40

MordMaister wrote:Hi,

I was wondering if it would be possible to and a new type of liquid into the game(slime). I would like to even try to mode by myself (since I have a Lua/Love2d experience from my WIP project), bit I'm not sure where should I look at.

start here https://github.com/minetest/minetest_ga ... .lua#L2175

then you can search through various files where liquids are put to work
https://github.com/minetest/minetest_ga ... mapgen.lua

(depending on what you want slime to do/be used for)

Don't forget to grab a copy of the MT bible https://rubenwardy.com/minetest_modding ... index.html

And keep this handy as well https://github.com/minetest/minetest/bl ... ua_api.txt
Ich mag keine grünen Eier und Schinken, ich mag sie nicht Sam I Am

Red_King_Cyclops

by Red_King_Cyclops » Sat Aug 17, 2019 13:29

MordMaister wrote:Hi,

Of course it would be possible. I recommend copying liquid code from default and modifying it.

Slime liquids have been done before, but there is nothing wrong with multiple slime mods being in existence.
2+2=4. Always.

Previous

Return to Modding Discussion