"doors:door_wood_t_1" is not a registered node

dice

"doors:door_wood_t_1" is not a registered node

by dice » Post

I've just started playing minetest and installed a few mods, I am running into the following when running mintest_game with the animals_modpack enabled
I have also enabled "Hand Painted pack by Drummyfish"

I have seen the error a few times in a couple of different worlds - it crashes out to the menu - I would like any pointers on what might be the issue given the error below and what to do next as I am unfamiliar with minetest and lua

Code: Select all

AsyncErr: environment_Step: Runtime error from mod 'default' in callback environment_Step(): "doors:door_wood_t_1" is not a registered node!
stack traceback:
	[C]: in function 'set_node'
	...4\bin\..\mods\animals_modpack\mob_npc/spawn_building.lua:164: in function 'buid_wall'
	...4\bin\..\mods\animals_modpack\mob_npc/spawn_building.lua:300: in function 'builder'
	...4\bin\..\mods\animals_modpack\mob_npc/spawn_building.lua:378: in function 'spawnee'
	...64\bin\..\mods\animals_modpack\adv_spawning/internal.lua:565: in function 'handlespawner'
	...64\bin\..\mods\animals_modpack\adv_spawning/internal.lua:1436: in function 'handle_mapgen_spawning'
	...64\bin\..\mods\animals_modpack\adv_spawning/internal.lua:259: in function <...64\bin\..\mods\animals_modpack\adv_spawning/internal.lua:190>
	...es\minetest-5.1.1-win64\bin\..\builtin\game\register.lua:429: in function <...es\minetest-5.1.1-win64\bin\..\builtin\game\register.lua:413>
stack traceback:

pampogokiraly
In-game: i_love_mesecon

Re: "doors:door_wood_t_1" is not a registered node

by pampogokiraly » Post

Im also not very good at lua but are you sure that you have installed and enabled all depencies of the mod? If you don't know, you can find the depencie list on the left when you click on it to enable/disable it.
My mod (a bit old) request: Better enchant. My second mod: Old Broken Castle nodes. Search for aab01 to find my mods!

Krock
Developer
GitHub: SmallJoker

by Krock » Post

That node name was probably used in the "doors" mod a long time ago. animals_modpack was written in 2011, and since then it's very likely that the doors API changed, and also the node names.
Look, I programmed a bug for you. >> Mod Search Engine << - Mods by Krock - DuckDuckGo mod search bang: !mtmod <keyword here>

dice

by dice » Post

thanks - the fact that "doors:" is narrowing it to a mod is a big helper - and poking about in there has shown me that this is more than I have time to bite off at the moment. I guess I'll stick to established games for now :)

Sokomine
GitHub: Sokomine

by Sokomine » Post

Getting the doors to work properly again might be more work. But just commenting out the placement of actual doors or adding an if statement around ought to help a lot already. The mod is sadly older and hasn't been worked on lately. Newer ones are mobs_redo and petz. It'd be great if sapier could show up again and the animals mod be modernized.
A list of my mods can be found here.