Tech Age (techage) is the successor to TechPack V2, at first glance similar and yet completely different!
- techage is not backwards compatible and cannot be installed on a server together with TechPack
- techage is significantly more extensive, since additional mods are integrated
- techage represents 4 technological ages:
- Iron Age (TA1) - simple tools like coal pile, coal burner, gravel sieve, hammer for getting ores and making goods
- Steam Age (TA2) - Simple machines that are powered by steam engines and drive axles
- Oil Age (TA3) - More modern machines that are powered by electricity.
The electricity is generated by coal & oil power plants. The oil must be explored, extracted and transported.
- Future Age (TA4) - Electricity from renewable energy sources such as sun and wind.
Environmentally friendly electricity storage, intelligent machines and means of transport of the future
- Since the levels build on each other, all ages have to be run through one after the other
(no endless ore generation by means of cobble generators)
Manuals on GitHub in Deutsch and English
Available only on GitHub
Copyright (C) 2019-2020 Joachim Stolberg
Code: Licensed under the GNU GPL version 3 or later. See LICENSE.txt
Textures: CC BY-SA 3.0
Required: default, doors, bucket, stairs, screwdriver, basic_materials, tubelib2, minecart, lcdlib, safer_lua
Recommended: signs_bot, hyperloop, compost, techpack_stairway, autobahn
Optional: unified_inventory, wielded_light, unifieddyes
The mods `default`, `doors`, `bucket`, `stairs`, and `screwdriver` are part of Minetest Game.
`basic_materials` will be found here: https://content.minetest.net/
The following mods in the newest version have to be downloaded directly from GitHub:
- signs_bot: For many automation tasks in TA3/TA4 like farming, mining, and item transportation
- hyperloop: Used as passenger transportation system in TA4
- compost: The garden soil is needed for the TA4 LED Grow Light based flower bed
- techpack_stairway: Ladders, stairways, and bridges for your machines
- autobahn: Street blocks and slopes with stripes for faster traveling
A second available Tech Age server is "Zeitsprung".
Have fun :=)