[Mod] Nuke Mod [nukemod]

Ranger

[Mod] Nuke Mod [nukemod]

by Ranger » Post

This is my first mod and I am new to minetest modding. I just wanted to throw that out there.

Adds six new explosives (like TNT). This does not overwrite the default TNT in any way. The default TNT has an
explosion radius of 3. Here are the explosives I've added with their explosion radii(first) and their timer(second) next to them in brackets. Double trouble(6)(8), big trouble(12)(10), danger(25)(12), kaiser(50)(14), biome buster(75)(16), nuke(100)(18).

code: LGPLv2.1
textures: CCO

Mod dependencies: default

crafting(are recipes are shapeless and reversible):

double trouble:
two TNT

big trouble:
two double troubles

danger:
two big troubles

kaiser:
two dangers

biome buster:
two kaisers

nuke:
two biome busters
screenshot.png
(49 KiB) Not downloaded yet

Here is the download:
NukeMod.zip
(74.76 KiB) Downloaded 3 times

voxelproof

Re: [Mod] Nuke Mod [nukemod]

by voxelproof » Post

Ranger wrote:
Fri May 22, 2020 18:37
Double trouble(6)(8), big trouble(12)(10), danger(25)(12), kaiser(50)(14), biome buster(75)(16), nuke(100)(18).
Sounds so exciting... However does it obliterate creatures as well? Especially spiders?... ;)
thx
Game is the essence of life; therefore every good game makes life better.

Ranger

Re: [Mod] Nuke Mod [nukemod]

by Ranger » Post

Thanks for your response. I don't have a mob mod so I haven't tested. The code(which extensively uses the default tnt code) seems to have a way to damage an lua entity(basically a mob of any kind, like a spider). It should hurt all mobs in it's radius just as much as it would the player. It should kill everything with reasonable health but try it out and let me know. Warning: My explosions were originally much larger with a max radius of 120 but this crashed my game after a few attempts. Please save your game before blowing up large amounts of spiders with the biggest booms. It shouldn't crash the game but I just wanted to let you know.