[Mod] Signs for train/metro networks [metrosigns]

Josselin2
GitHub: axcore
In-game: Josselin

[Mod] Signs for train/metro networks [metrosigns]

by Josselin2 » Post

This mod provides an extensive collection of signs for use in your train and metro systems.

The mod includes:
  • Semi-realistic signage from twenty major cities - the London Underground, the Paris Metro, the New York Subway - and more!
  • Line and platform number signs from 1-99
  • A sign-writing machine (for use in survival mode)
  • Nodes from advtrains_subwayblocks and trainblocks, if they aren't already loaded
  • Over 1400 items in total
The mod includes and builds on material from the following mods:
Dependencies: Requires Minetest v5.0 (or later). There are no hard dependencies.

Optional dependencies: If default and basic_materials are loaded, the sign writing machine and ink cartridges are craftable. If signs_api from display_modpack is loaded, you can create signs with customisable text (as in the screenshot above).

Downloads: Zip, or browse the code.

Licences: CC-BY-SA 3.0 Unported for the sign writing machine and ink cartridges, GNU Affero GPL for everything else.

Instructions: Most signs are enabled by default. (This is a change from earlier versions). See the README to find out how to be more selective.

More screenshots:
+ Spoiler
Last edited by Josselin2 on Fri Jul 02, 2021 08:28, edited 8 times in total.

CalebJ
GitHub: KaylebJay
IRC: KaylebJay
In-game: CalebJ

Re: [Mod] Signs for train/metro networks [metrosigns]

by CalebJ » Post

Great work, Joss! :) Staggering how many options are here.
If you want realism, you're in the wrong place. Get off your mobile.

Josselin2

by Josselin2 » Post

For the benefit of anyone who found the sign-writing machine unusable: I have hopefully succeeded in fixing it.

Josselin2

by Josselin2 » Post

I made a few improvements in today's release:
  • Testing suggests the ink capacity is not enough for practical use, so I doubled it
  • In the sign writer, I added ability to shift-click cartridges and plastic in and out of their slots
  • There is now a second set of signs with custom text. This new set has a reddish background, and means something like "You are here"
  • Several textures have been improved (translation: the old textures were rubbish)

Josselin2

by Josselin2 » Post

I added a recycling slot in the sign writing machine. You can recycle your unwanted signs and receive (on average) 66% of the plastic you originally used, and 50% of the ink.

LRV
Helper
GitHub: Mooncarguy
In-game: Mooncarman Mooncarguy

by LRV » Post

This follows guidelines and hence has been moved.
LRV wrote:
LRV wrote:I got another food mod xtraarmor, of course a customleather item needs to be added, but the chainmaila nd leather armor would be pretty fitting.
Why is there food in my sentence? XD
Why didn't my siganture show up completly til' I did that?

56independent_actual
IRC: independent56
In-game: 56independent

by 56independent_actual » Post

I love this! I can see how my server can be greatly improved through consistent signage.
I do not mean any offence, ill-intent, or insult with this message. Unless it is obvious I do.

Blockhead
GitHub: Montandalar
In-game: Blockhead

Metrosigns Lines 11-99

by Blockhead » Post

Unless the screenshot is out of date, I noticed your line 11-99 signs use only the colour of their last digit. The subway wagons got an update a while ago from Hume2 that colours the lines 11-99 according to a function when displayed on the subway wagon. It would be good to use that in this mod too. Subway wagon source is at: http://git.bananach.space/basic_trains.git
/˳˳_˳˳]_[˳˳_˳˳]_[˳˳_˳˳\ Advtrains enthusiast | My map: Noah's Railyard | My mod: Foodblocks

Josselin2

Re: Metrosigns Lines 11-99

by Josselin2 » Post

Blockhead wrote:
Mon Aug 30, 2021 03:12
Unless the screenshot is out of date, I noticed your line 11-99 signs use only the colour of their last digit. The subway wagons got an update a while ago from Hume2 that colours the lines 11-99 according to a function when displayed on the subway wagon. It would be good to use that in this mod too. Subway wagon source is at: http://git.bananach.space/basic_trains.git
I have updated the mod. Line signs in the range 11-99 now use the same colour scheme as the basic_trains mod. The original colour scheme can be enabled in Minetest settings (or by editing settings.lua).