[Server 5.6.0] [minigames] A.E.S.

Zughy
GitHub: belongs_to_microsoft
In-game: Zughy

[Server 5.6.0] [minigames] A.E.S.

by Zughy » Post

WARNING: I'm not updating this topic anymore. We now have a website and a Matrix space where all the fun happens and where you can check all the news!

So... hey there!

In short
Minigames servers are the most played servers on Minecraft: they act as a hub featuring many different contents, so that players can choose what they like the most while at the same time having the possibility to try something new (and to increase the probability to find someone online). Well... we aimed for the same thing!

Minigames Guide
You don't understand something? We have an in-game guide for that! Geolocalised in English, Spanish and Italian

Change outfit
Tired of the same skin? Well, you can change it in no time through the Wardrobe!

Our mods
The majority of mods on the server are made by us. This is our group repo!

Community

Matrix
Find other players to play with, and, more broadly, join our community => https://matrix.to/#/#arcadeemulationserver:matrix.org

IRC
Feeling retro? We have a bridged IRC channels as well => https://kiwiirc.com/nextclient/irc.free ... es-discuss

Why not Discord?

We get it, Discord is the hot thing, but it's proprietary and it doesn't respect its users. We believe in a future where the machines will help people and where people will be able to see what's inside them. We are not goods, we're bones and flesh. Matrix respects these ethical aspects, and it's been improving its quality a lot. Give it a try at least :)

Mumble: vocally chit-chat
If you want to talk with us or just play with your friends, we have a Mumble server. Mumble is like Team Speak but it's free software.

IP: mumble.syntheticstars.org

Who's behind the server Zughy (founder/factotum),
Giov4 (dev)
Xx_Crazyminer_xX (sysadmin)
MisterE (dev)
_Zaizen_, SonoMichele (mascotte)
Support A.E.S.
If you want to support what we do with a small donation, consider donating on our Liberapay group

The website supports both PayPal and credit/debit cards and you can also see how money is split
Last edited by Zughy on Sun Jul 30, 2023 00:38, edited 14 times in total.

Lone_Wolf
GitHub: LoneWolfHT
IRC: LandarVargan
In-game: LandarVargan

Re: [Server 5.3.0] [minigames] A.E.S.

by Lone_Wolf » Post

This looks neat. Will have to try it out when I get the time!
My ContentDB -|- Working on CaptureTheFlag -|- Minetest Forums Dark Theme!! (You need it)

Dragonop
GitHub: Dragonop
IRC: Dragonop
In-game: Dragonop

by Dragonop » Post

Very fun! Quick matches and simple yet compelling gameplay, can't wait to see this develop further!
I'll check up the lib and see if I can contribute anything :P

MisterE
GitHub: MisterE123
IRC: MisterE
In-game: MisterE

by MisterE » Post

With mesecons digilines and LED marquee mods you could install my connect 4 subgame somewhere. Maybe an arcade island?

Zughy

by Zughy » Post

Thank you all!
MisterE wrote:
Fri Nov 06, 2020 16:24
With mesecons digilines and LED marquee mods you could install my connect 4 subgame somewhere. Maybe an arcade island?
That's a nice idea but it'd make the server a lot heavier (I've actually never tried mesecons, but it looks huge), so we'd rather not do that. Also because it's not a server that big

MisterE

by MisterE » Post

well, you might reconsider mesecons. Mesecons can be very helpful with creating in-game logic. It has things like luablocks (more_mesecons) which can run code in the global environment with a pos variable passed relating to the block's position, it can power in-game informational screens which the user can interact with (digilines mods) it can have disappearing blocks, opening doors, and a lot more useful stuff.

When used lightly, (not tons of switching nodes or turning on lights going on all at once) it doesnt seem to add much to lag. I have it running on a raspberry pi 4 2 gb ram server, along with tons of other mods. Not too much lag. A little, yes, but like I said, I have lots of other mods.

MisterE

by MisterE » Post

Comon, Peoples! Play this game! No Players!?!

@Zughy Though there isn't anything to do if you are the only player on. So people join, but there is no one else to play, so they leave. Vicious cycle. I would suggest adding at least 3 singleplayer subgames or AI s that make it possible to play the subgames by yourself... thats hard though.

Zughy

by Zughy » Post

WHAT'S NEW #1

Block League
  • 4 hotbar slots instead of 8: no more empty slots!
  • New scoreboard HUD (see the screen down below)
  • Every match has now a duration (10 minutes, shown in the scoreboard), to avoid never-ending games
Murder
  • Map "Mansion" has now more ways to escape
And several crash/bugfixes

MisterE wrote:
Sun Nov 08, 2020 02:59
well, you might reconsider mesecons. Mesecons can be very helpful with creating in-game logic
Yes, I used to play Minecraft with its redstone and I saw the CTF challenge done with mesecons. In these days the staff and I are SO busy with fixing things I can't spend extra time trying mesecons and evaluate it. We'll take it in consideration for the future, but it's not the top priority
MisterE wrote:
Sun Nov 08, 2020 03:36
Though there isn't anything to do if you are the only player on
Yes, this is a problem indeed, especially because if we are on the server, we can't write code at the same time. AI though is not the way to go, it'll take us a lot of time and it'll probably never be as good as a player. A thing like a parkour could suffice, but we need to create a reward first. We're planning to add an unlockable parkour skin, but first we must remove the support to MC 1.8+ skins that we have on Skins Collectible, as no other mod features them (denying us to use things like headanim or 3D armor)

------------

Also, we reached 8 connected players yesterday (all in Block League) and that's been hella fun. Thank ya all!
Attachments
interfaccia.png
interfaccia.png (184 KiB) Viewed 5761 times

Lone_Wolf
GitHub: LoneWolfHT
IRC: LandarVargan
In-game: LandarVargan

by Lone_Wolf » Post

but first we must remove the support to MC 1.8+ skins that we have on Skins Collectible, as no other mod features them (denying us to use things like headanim or 3D armor)
Skinsdb should support headanim/3d armor just fine
My ContentDB -|- Working on CaptureTheFlag -|- Minetest Forums Dark Theme!! (You need it)

Zughy

by Zughy » Post

Lone_Wolf wrote:
Sun Nov 08, 2020 16:22
but first we must remove the support to MC 1.8+ skins that we have on Skins Collectible, as no other mod features them (denying us to use things like headanim or 3D armor)
Skinsdb should support headanim/3d armor just fine
Yes, but AFAIK it doesn't allow to unlock skin, and aside of that, Skins Collectible has a better UI. Btw problem solved, support removed and headanim added!

Zughy

by Zughy » Post

Signs don't teleport people, except if the queue ends, being teleported inside an arena. Probably you had the compass in your hand, which is the tool for teleporting around the lobby.
About the skin, there is no hat icon, I guess you meant the blue tee?
And yes, that's a bot/laziness filter: if people can't answer that question, I honestly don't really want them to play on the server because either 1) we have no way to communicate (they don't speak English) or 2) they are the kind of people not reading anything bothering staff to death

Zughy

by Zughy » Post

WHAT'S NEW #2

🎲 General
  • Rotating heads!
  • Changed the 4 basic skins and 2 more were added, in order to avoid that the old red and blue ones could be confused on Block League
🔫 Block League
  • Added a waiting room for when players die, instead of the jitterish and annoying teleport there was before
  • Ball possession and kills have now a personal HUD each
  • HUD telling players how seconds are left till respawn
  • HUD showing a keyboard with the various settings, shown during the loading phase of every game
  • HUD telling players when the next round will start (paired with the already existent voiceover)
  • Loading weapons now slow players down
  • Added weapon reloading sounds
  • Waiting time in the loading phase: 3 -> 6
  • 2H Sword range: 5 -> 6
🌤 Skywars
  • Added new map: Sundae
  • Players drop their items when killed
  • Games now last 10 minutes top
  • Initial kits more abundant 🐳
And several crash/bugfixes

Zughy

by Zughy » Post

WHAT'S NEW #3

🏝 Lobby
- Tower of the Gods added: reach the top and unlock the Faith Connor skin (Mirror's Edge)

🔫 Block League
- New map: Hyperium
- when reloading, the bullets HUD becomes red

Zughy

by Zughy » Post

WHAT'S NEW #4

🎲 General
- A lot of mods are now geolocalised in Spanish (thanks to a native speaker)
- Rare skins have now a custom background

🔪 Murder
- New map: Desert

If you have any feedback and/or suggestions, feel free to share it :)

duckgo
In-game: duckgo

by duckgo » Post

great this server, liking it too much, fun games, congratulations for the work: D

AFCM
GitHub: AFCMS
IRC: AFCM
In-game: AFCM

by AFCM » Post

@Zughy What about an UHC Run minigame ?

Zughy

by Zughy » Post

Thank you duck!
AFCM wrote:
Tue Dec 01, 2020 18:26
@Zughy What about an UHC Run minigame ?
That would require a lot of work to be done (what's the goal? who wins? what are the things you can do along the run? etc) and probably more mods to be installed, so unfortunately I have to say no. We prefer to focus on simpler ideas, because there are just 3 of us working on the code

AFCM

by AFCM » Post

@Zughy Ok, I understand the problem of adding an UHC RUN minigame to AES, thank you for your anser !
I will try to make an UHC RUN mod for mcl2 when I got the time.

debiankaios
IRC: debiankaios
In-game: debiankaios Nowe

by debiankaios » Post

Who id the programmer of this server?

Zughy

by Zughy » Post

debiankaios wrote:
Sat Dec 05, 2020 08:33
Heyo Debian. Giov4 (Skywars/Murder), _Zaizen_ (a part of Block League + a few utilities) and me (all the rest)

debiankaios
IRC: debiankaios
In-game: debiankaios Nowe

by debiankaios » Post

Zughy wrote:
Sat Dec 05, 2020 14:12
debiankaios wrote:
Sat Dec 05, 2020 08:33
Heyo Debian. Giov4 (Skywars/Murder), _Zaizen_ (a part of Block League + a few utilities) and me (all the rest)
Thank you Zughy

Zughy

by Zughy » Post

WHAT'S NEW #5

🏝 Lobby
- Suggestion box: if you have some suggestions, just write a book and put it inside the box ✉️
- Compass: added teleport to parkour and to spawn

🔫 Block League
- Background music! Every map has its own
- Match log: every game now shows in the upper right corner the last 3 actions that took place (kills, suicides, who got the ball and touchdowns)
- Hyperium: football field half blue and half dark red, to better understand which is your base
- Teams color changed: blue, red -> blue, orange
- HUDs color changed: positive messages are now green (previously blue)

🔪 Murder
- complete rework: no more victims, all cops + 1 murderer, random skin assigned when a match starts, more abilities for the murderer (massive blindness and skins roll) and 8 seconds must pass between a kill and another before using the knife again

Also I want to thank duckgo for the multiple videos he made about the server, such as https://invidious.snopyta.org/watch?v=Nx7C1Ers46w . It means a lot to us

MisterE

by MisterE » Post

If you are interested in installing the connect4 game, here are the instructions to build it, along with the luacontroller code.

viewtopic.php?p=383269#p383269
(note: in the instructions, I use digiterms for the monitor and keyboard, but there is no need for that. Its very easy to set up the button/luacontroller array that sends the signals using the buttons like I did on my server. )

If you like the balloon jump, here is the mod that gives the balloons:
viewtopic.php?f=9&t=24911

Zughy

by Zughy » Post

MisterE wrote:
Thu Dec 10, 2020 23:34
If you are interested in installing the connect4 game, here are the instructions to build it, along with the luacontroller code.

viewtopic.php?p=383269#p383269
(note: in the instructions, I use digiterms for the monitor and keyboard, but there is no need for that. Its very easy to set up the button/luacontroller array that sends the signals using the buttons like I did on my server. )

If you like the balloon jump, here is the mod that gives the balloons:
viewtopic.php?f=9&t=24911
Thank you MisterE, but in the end we decided to not implement these mods. We'll rely on droppers, probably in January

📝 WHAT'S NEW #6

🔫 Block League
- Pixelgun: zoom in and out with the right mouse button, like a true sniper
- Victory/defeat jingle when a match ends

🔪 Murder
- Map "Mansion" reworked
- When the murderer kills a player, all the other players will see for 3 seconds where the murder took place

⛅️ Skywars
- New map: Ruins

AFCM

by AFCM » Post

@Zughy Could you make the last block of the blockleage jump visible? It is realy impossible now to know where the block is.