In-game: debiankaios Nowe

[Mod] TNTRun [0.8] [tntrun]

by debiankaios » Post

Thanks for:

* Zughy
* TalkLounge
* MisterE
How it work

You must walk above the platform without falling off. Fight other players using torches.

Creating Arena:
1. Type in Chat:

Code: Select all

/tntrun create <your arena name> <min. players for arena> <max. players for arena>
2. Type in Chat:

Code: Select all

/tntrun edit <your arena name>
3. Go to spawners and set up were you can spawn. You must set max. Players spawner.
4. Set signs
5. Go to BGM and choose your Back Ground Music. There is Crusade by Kevin MacLeod which you can choose. Warning: This music is on the cc-by-sa license please leave credits.
6. Go to settings and got to arena propeties. Here you can chose were the TNT spawn. It's between tnt_arena_pos_1 and tnt_arena_pos_2.
7. Save the settings
8. Now you can play

Download 0.8
πŸ‘½ My Mod 🌐 My Website ⛏ Proxima Survival(WIP)

debiankaios

Re: [Mod] TNTRun [0.8] [tntrun]

by debiankaios » Post

0.8 is now aviable nicknamed the "German Update", which now contains a language Pack. But which language should i add in next update, say it me.

MisterE
GitHub: MisterE123
IRC: MisterE
In-game: MisterE

by MisterE » Post

See my sumo mod for an example of how to make it so players never actually die...

It uses a register_on_player_hpchange() to eliminate players if they *would* die, but heal them.

This feature may make this game more acceptable for survival servers.

Also, you can see how to use the HUD to display a countdown in the on_load

Feel free to take parts of the code (GPL 3.0) and the sounds (CC0) from sumo if you want.

debiankaios

by debiankaios » Post

MisterE wrote: ↑
Sun Jan 31, 2021 18:19
See my sumo mod for an example of how to make it so players never actually die...

It uses a register_on_player_hpchange() to eliminate players if they *would* die, but heal them.

This feature may make this game more acceptable for survival servers.

Also, you can see how to use the HUD to display a countdown in the on_load

Feel free to take parts of the code (GPL 3.0) and the sounds (CC0) from sumo if you want.
You can get the Killer-Node

MisterE

by MisterE » Post

I like it...
1) the mod registers its own tnt, which falls but does not explode, simply removes itself.
2) the mod registers its own torch. I guess that is good for not relying on other mods.

3) as the description says, tnt that you are standing on falls. That means you must keep moving.

Tips for making arenas:

here is a side-view cutaway of how to make your arena:

W...........................W
WTTTTTTTTTTTTW
WKKKKKKKKKKKW
WWWWWWWWWW

W= wall of any type
K = killer node (from tntrun)
T = tntrun tnt (you do not place this... you mark the location for the mod to place it in the editor)

Note that there is a layer of air under a layer of killer nodes. This is so that tnt falls through it (and doesnt replace it), but players falling through it will still be killed.

Overall, this is a simple, fun, quick minigame! It seems to work well and simply.
It could do with some sounds when a person is eliminated, and when a person wins. But, *****

debiankaios

by debiankaios » Post

Mon Feb 01, 2021 23:28

I like it...
1) the mod registers its own tnt, which falls but does not explode, simply removes itself.
2) the mod registers its own torch. I guess that is good for not relying on other mods.

3) as the description says, tnt that you are standing on falls. That means you must keep moving.

Tips for making arenas:

here is a side-view cutaway of how to make your arena:

WTTTTTTTTTTTTW
WKKKKKKKKKKKW
WWWWWWWWWW

W= wall of any type
T = tntrun tnt (you do not place this... you mark the location for the mod to place it in the editor)

Note that there is a layer of air under a layer of killer nodes. This is so that tnt falls through it (and doesnt replace it), but players falling through it will still be killed.

Overall, this is a simple, fun, quick minigame! It seems to work well and simply.
It could do with some sounds when a person is eliminated, and when a person wins. But, *****
Thank you, but without you would be the minigame not work!
Thereis a music which you can choose Crusade by Kevinmacload
tntrun
|__music
|____Crusade.ogg

MisterE

by MisterE » Post

heh, without Zughy and _Zaizen_, my minigames would not work, both because they made arena_lib, and because they answered many questions. But both you and I made our own minigames.

Good Job! I hope a server hosts it. You should expect to provide updates and upgrades though. While the minigame works just fine, it needs some polishing (sounds when players lose/win, maybe a countdown. However, this minigame is simple enough that adding these should not be too hard.

debiankaios

by debiankaios » Post

Wed Feb 03, 2021 17:13
heh, without Zughy and _Zaizen_, my minigames would not work, both because they made arena_lib, and because they answered many questions. But both you and I made our own minigames.

Good Job! I hope a server hosts it. You should expect to provide updates and upgrades though. While the minigame works just fine, it needs some polishing (sounds when players lose/win, maybe a countdown. However, this minigame is simple enough that adding these should not be too hard.
I do!

_Zaizen_
GitHub: Anulo2
IRC: _Zaizen_
In-game: _Zaizen_

by _Zaizen_ » Post

Hey, I've just finished testing the minigame! We wanted to add it to A.E.S but unfortunately it still needs some polishing as misterE said so it will not be added yet. First of all, while trying it i've noticed that not all the tnt's you walk on fall. The cause is probably the get_objects_inside_radius and in general the way you check if the tnt needs to fall. I think you could try this: create a global step that cycles through players and check if the node under them is tnt, if it is, light it up.
While trying it out I've also noticed that a single layer of tnt is not enough for a game and everything ends too soon.
IMO the arena should look more like:

WTTTTTTTTTTTTW
WTTTTTTTTTTTTW
WTTTTTTTTTTTTW
WKKKKKKKKKKKW
WWWWWWWWWW

W= wall of any type
T = tntrun tnt

This feature shouldn't be hard to add, maybe I will create a MR.

Lastly: the torch can be spammed and so the process of fighting is based on who gets to click faster and more precisely. A delay between hits should be added so you can't spamclick.

PS: join our Matrix community: +minetest-aes:matrix.org!