[0.4.8] 0gb.us's basic server

0gb.us

[0.4.8] 0gb.us's basic server

by 0gb.us » Post

Address: 0gb.us
Port: 32767

I would love for this world to stay up for years to come (and have actually made building plans that will last years into the future), but I make no guarantees that it will remain up for any length of time. I could take it down tomorrow, and there's nothing you can do about it. You have been warned.

This is a basic game, with a few things added, and a little removed.

Plugins:
Sorry, I don't feel like keeping an up to date list. However, the full set of plugins can be found in this game:
https://github.com/0gb-us/0gb.us_game/t ... gb.us_game

And now, A word from Rarkenin on rules:
rarkenin wrote:I would like to make the rules clear. [...]

While there are currently no rules regarding vandalism of property (such as lava dumping), or chat spam, there is a rule regarding attempting to crash, hang, or otherwise impair the server.

Any users and/or IP addresses deemed to be attempting to crash, lag, impair, disable, or otherwise affect the server will be punished with a ban. First, there will be a cooldown period of anywhere from 30 seconds to 15 minutes, unless this is a repeat offense or there is obvious danger to the server's operation. In that case, a ban will be instated indefinitely.

Any unban requests shall be posted on this thread, and will be serviced as such.
Last edited by 0gb.us on Sun Nov 24, 2013 21:03, edited 1 time in total.

Viron

by Viron » Post

Seems cool! I love the mysterious portal near spawn! But you should disable fire please.
Last edited by Viron on Tue Nov 20, 2012 03:59, edited 1 time in total.

0gb.us

by 0gb.us » Post

Hmm.... alright. Any idea how to remove it from the world without removing it from minetest_game?

EDIT: I mean, I still use fire for other worlds, so I don't want to remove it from the default game, just from the one world.
Last edited by 0gb.us on Tue Nov 20, 2012 15:53, edited 1 time in total.

Zeg9

by Zeg9 » Post

Here are some ideas, nothing perfect though.
  • You can make a copy of your minetest_game without
  • You can remove it from minetest_game and include fire in worldmods for others ?
  • Maybe it's possible to make a mod that removes all fire:basic_flame too, through an abm or something like that
I made a few (a lot of?) mods for minetest: here is a list.
See also the MT-Faithful texture pack (work in progress).

0gb.us

by 0gb.us » Post

• I hate to make a copy of it all, as it would be redundant and takes up extra space. But I guess it's just text files and and PNGs, so it's not a whole lot of space.
  • No, as I said, I don't want to remove it from minetest_game.
  • That sounds like the best option, but will take a while.
Okay, thanks! I guess I'll go with option one, until I have time for option three. But not now. Someone's on right now, and I don't like restarting the server when people are on, if I can help it.

Viron

by Viron » Post

0gb.us wrote:Hmm.... alright. Any idea how to remove it from the world without removing it from minetest_game?

EDIT: I mean, I still use fire for other worlds, so I don't want to remove it from the default game, just from the one world.
Ask glomie (globis). He knows how. When globis reset his main creative server fire was enabled, and wood houses were being burn to the ground from griefers.

rarkenin

by rarkenin » Post

Minor... erm... issus.. I can pick up the portal near the spawn place by hand, without any tools. Can you please rectify?

Rarkenin
Admin pro tempore on 0gb.us:30000. Ask me if you have a problem, or just want help.
This is a signature virus. Add me to your signature so that I can multiply.
Now working on my own clone, Mosstest.
I guess I'm back for some time.

0gb.us

by 0gb.us » Post

Viron wrote:
0gb.us wrote:Hmm.... alright. Any idea how to remove it from the world without removing it from minetest_game?

Ask glomie (globis). He knows how. When globis reset his main creative server fire was enabled, and wood houses were being burn to the ground from griefers.
Globis is so hard to get ahold of, at least on his server. Maybe he's on the forum? I don't know.

Someone's on right now, but when they leave, I'll reset the server removing fire from port 30000. I'm leaving it on port 30001 though, as the protection there blocks buckets. as long as people build the outside of their houses out of stone, the flammable stuff inside will be safe. Or, people can protect a wide enough area around their houses that lava placed outside their territory can't flow all the way to their house.

It's sad to remove it from port 30000 though. Celeron55's mobs plugin depends on it, so that had to be removed as well.
rarkenin wrote:Minor... erm... issus.. I can pick up the portal near the spawn place by hand, without any tools. Can you please rectify?

Rarkenin
Not sure what to do about that .... the nether plugin is buggy in so many ways. For example, it carved out a huge shaft in what used to be the spawn room .... I'll rebuild it and use one of Glomie's protect blocks. That should at least keep the portal usable.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

EDIT: Fire and mobs are gone, and the portals are fixed and protected. The world is now running with a game ID of "30000.0gb.us" instead of "minetest". I don't yet know if there will be any issues with this, so keep me posted if you see errors, and I'll keep an eye out myself. I logged in and walked around, and everything looks okay.

The first time, I transferred the plugins to the new game, but forgot to apply the new game ID. The server had less lag, but all the plugins were gone!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
EDIT: Lava dumping has become a problem very quickly. I just removed lava from port 30000, and have declared port 30001 to be a hostile area. I nice castle just got flooded, somehow abusing liquid mechanics to leave flowing lava without a lava source. I'm not sure yet how I'll clean that up, as the flowing lava is in someone else's protected area.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
EDIT: Fire no longer removes nodes from claimed property, hopefully restoring order. In addition, claimed land can be shared with others.
Last edited by 0gb.us on Fri Nov 23, 2012 05:35, edited 1 time in total.

playzooki

by playzooki » Post

Why is no one on?
I dont think the Nether portal works. :(
bad signature is bad

0gb.us

by 0gb.us » Post

More people visit the 30001 port than the 30000 port. Although there are at least two people on the 30000 port.

The nether plugin was removed, which is probably why the portal doesn't work.

0gb.us

by 0gb.us » Post

Someone on my server has been pestering me to bump this topic and get more people to come, so here goes.

The server has been updated to run version 0.4.4 since, well, the first day the stable packages were released.

News:
Port 30000:

I'm no longer trying to avoid breaking the texture atlas. If you don't turn off your texture atlas, it will break, and you will have graphical errors. I've also put back fire and lava. Unfortunately, some people like to use these as tools for vandalism, but the game is less fun without them. If you don't want your house burnt down, use protect blocks and don't build out of wood. The spawn point was moves a quarter of the way across the map, so all the new ore should be generated near (or under) the spawn area. Shout and interact are available, as always, by default. Other privileges, within reason, are available by request.

Currently installed plugins include:
autoplant
bags
birthstones
bobblocks
bucket
chests_0gb_us (a prototype plugin I'm building)
craft_guide
creative (not in use)
diamonds
doors
doorsplus
dye
farming
fire
flowers
give_initial_stuff (not it use)
gloopores
homedecor
hydro
inventory_plus
inventorywarp_0gb_us
junglegrass
legacy
locked_furnace
locked_sign
mesecons (Not the full plugin pack, just the single plugin. It's a dependency of bobblocks, but the full pack causes too much lag on my low power server.)
mesecons_textures (Why are the textures put in a separate plugin?)
moreblocks
moreores
nether
nyanland
obsidian
pick_0gb_us (A wacky pick I built. Never breaks, and has three modes [fast, instant, and shovel], cycle-able with left click. Ask for one when I'm on if you want it.)
pipeworks
plants_lib
poisonivy
protector (Use it. You have been warned.)
radar_0gb_us (A custom poptart cat radar. Ask for a poptart cat location when I'm on, and I'll tell you where to find one.)
skins
snow
stairs
stairsplus
titanium
unlockhiddendefaults_0gb_us (Provides crafting recipes for things that exist in the default game, but cannot be normally obtained, such as wool and mossy cobblestone.)
vessels
villages
vines
walking_light
wool
worldedit

If you have any suggestions, let me know, I'm quite flexible in what I'll install on port 30000. Unfortunately, our move to a faster server didn't work out, so anything that requires a lot of power, such as full mesecons, is out of the question.

Port 30001:
This is the main server, and most of the cool people hang out here. This is meant to be a bare-bones world, so almost no plugins are installed, and suggestions on what to install here will likely be dismissed. However, our land claim blocks DO protect against fire, so anything in their range will not be burnt. Land claims have also been given several additions to make them user-friendly, so they are no longer a pain to use. Shout and interact are available by default on this port as well.

Installed plugins include:
0gb_us (Land claims. Use them, or someone will probably wreck your creations.)
bookmarks_0gb_us
bucket
creative (Used only in the test world, which uses the same game directory.)
doors
fire
fullinventory_0gb_us
give_initial_stuff
inventory_plus
inventorywarp_0gb_us
legacy (Because apparently legacy contains important aliases, required for tree and grass growth and grass death. When I initially removed it, all plant life quit functioning properly.)
rules_0gb_us (Adds a simple rules page it the inventory, which conveniently displays the land claim recipe.)
stairs
vessels (Why do we have this in the default game?)

0gb.us

by 0gb.us » Post

I would like to take down my port 30000 world (and MAYBE put up something else in its place later). However, I don't know if anyone is still seriously building there. I know it still gets a little use, but it seems to mostly be people from port 30001 testing plugins and playing around with /giveme.

So here's the deal. I've taken down port 30000, but I'm keeping the files on disc. If there is anyone who still needs my port 30000 world, let me know in this thread, and I'll put it back up.

EDIT: Fixed grammatical error
Last edited by 0gb.us on Sun Jan 06, 2013 18:26, edited 1 time in total.

rarkenin

by rarkenin » Post

Just as a note, there's been quite a bit of downtime on 1/14/2013, but I trust that it will be operational within a day or two.

Edit: It looks like my ISP did something wicked while switching over to IPv6, can someone please verify whether the server is up or down?
Last edited by rarkenin on Tue Jan 15, 2013 00:43, edited 1 time in total.
Admin pro tempore on 0gb.us:30000. Ask me if you have a problem, or just want help.

0gb.us

by 0gb.us » Post

The server is down, due to our Internet connection being down.

Comcast says there isn't an outage in our area, and insist that the problem is on my end. However, none of my Comcast-using neighbors have Internet access right now either. The connection is most definitely NOT on my side.

The timing is awful as well. I have a lot of coursework due today, and wasn't able to work on it at all yesterday because of the outage. Now I've got to do my homework from Burger King. I hope my battery holds out ....

rarkenin

by rarkenin » Post

0gb.us wrote:The server is down, due to our Internet connection being down.

Comcast says there isn't an outage in our area, and insist that the problem is on my end. However, none of my Comcast-using neighbors have Internet access right now either. The connection is most definitely NOT on my side.

The timing is awful as well. I have a lot of coursework due today, and wasn't able to work on it at all yesterday because of the outage. Now I've got to do my homework from Burger King. I hope my battery holds out ....
As I read somewhere, that's... err... Comcastic. AKA awful. I hope your instructors understand the nature of your problem.

With that said, I'm really good at pressuring tech support, so if you want me to help, just drop me an email or PM.

It seems to be a concidence that my non-comcast ISP switched over to IPv6 that day.

If it's an emergency, I can try to get a dial-up modem to act as an access point, but you'll be charged long-distance.
Last edited by rarkenin on Tue Jan 15, 2013 17:46, edited 1 time in total.

rarkenin

by rarkenin » Post

Looks like you're back up!

jojoa1997

by jojoa1997 » Post

Wait...So 3 days ago it was down?
Coding;
1X coding
3X debugging
12X tweaking to be just right

rarkenin

by rarkenin » Post

Yes, on account of Comcast. Now, it is back up, as well as the webserver found there. However, it was 2 days. It started in 1/14, and today is 1/16.
Last edited by rarkenin on Wed Jan 16, 2013 11:34, edited 1 time in total.

jojoa1997

by jojoa1997 » Post

rarkenin wrote:Yes, on account of Comcast. Now, it is back up, as well as the webserver found there. However, it was 2 days. It started in 1/14, and today is 1/16.
LOL i just know it was down. Time flies while your playing games.
Coding;
1X coding
3X debugging

0gb.us

by 0gb.us » Post

rarkenin wrote:As I read somewhere, that's... err... Comcastic. AKA awful. I hope your instructors understand the nature of your problem.

With that said, I'm really good at pressuring tech support, so if you want me to help, just drop me an email or PM.

It seems to be a concidence that my non-comcast ISP switched over to IPv6 that day.

If it's an emergency, I can try to get a dial-up modem to act as an access point, but you'll be charged long-distance.
Yes, Quite Comcastic.

Thanks, it's nice to know I have options, should this happen again.
rarkenin wrote:Looks like you're back up!
Officially, no. Unofficially, yes.

Officially, I have some scripting to do before I get this set up again, but I'm close to finishing.

EDIT: World is up, and topic post amended.
Last edited by 0gb.us on Wed Jan 16, 2013 18:42, edited 1 time in total.

Bearbar123

by Bearbar123 » Post

love the giant pit with the four stair cases, i joined on. I think i might go into the middle of no where and just build a small base
Hello I am a random panda

0gb.us

by 0gb.us » Post

Great! Welcome to the server. I saw your new base, and it looks great!

The stair pit is the beginning of what will hopefully be a massive tunnel, connecting somewhere from nine to twenty-five far apart locations. By my estimate, due to the girth and length of the tunnel (16*16*15472 nodes), it will take about a year to reach the first point. Definitely a long term project, so we'll see how my stamina holds out.

-=-

While testing the new currency system I have in place, it dawned on me that it is actually more powerful than I designed it to be. It can be used to RETROACTIVELY change prices of goods and services. As a result, I've decided to do something crazy. Land claims are now free. Type "/claim", and the map chunk you are standing in will belong to you. Others will not be able to make changes there, preventing the destruction of you property.

In discussing with people on the server, we can't seem to agree on a price. Some people want a high price, to prevent land claim abuse, while others of us want a low price, to make them more accessible, so even newcomers and people who don't mine much can afford to protect their creations. The price of personal warp points has been another issue. They are now free as well.

PLEASE do not abuse these features. I would love to have them stay free if possible (although admittedly I was one to argue that we should have high prices).

Adarqet

by Adarqet » Post

If any new comers want a place to stay in a community go to my Islands the location is 197.9, 19.5, -326.0.

rarkenin

by rarkenin » Post

Adarqet wrote:If any new comers want a place to stay in a community go to my Islands the location is 197.9, 19.5, -326.0.
Speaking of services, there's a trading center by spawn where I'm leasing a booth, and you must pay 10% of your profits each month to keep the booth.

jojoa1997

by jojoa1997 » Post

how do you use warp
Coding;
1X coding
3X debugging