[Debian / Ubuntu] 1-line script: install Minetest Git

User avatar
Lejo
Member
 
Posts: 496
Joined: Mon Oct 19, 2015 16:32
GitHub: Lejo1
In-game: Lejo

Re: [Debian / Ubuntu] 1-line script: install Minetest Git

by Lejo » Sat May 19, 2018 20:05

How can I delete the dev-0.5.0 release?
I need a server release of 0.4.17, I think this was a client release.
Edit: It is both?
 

User avatar
Krock
Developer
 
Posts: 4229
Joined: Thu Oct 03, 2013 07:48
Location: Switzerland
GitHub: SmallJoker

Re: [Debian / Ubuntu] 1-line script: install Minetest Git

by Krock » Sat May 19, 2018 21:55

Lejo wrote:I need a server release of 0.4.17, I think this was a client release.

Right, I forgot to mention the CMake options which let you build the server (minetestserver) without the client built-in.
Code: Select all
cmake . -DBUILD_CLIENT=0 -DBUILD_SERVER=1

If you want Minetest as a (more or less) portable package, also define the option " -DRUN_IN_PLACE=1 ". If you have a desktop environment on the computer where you are building the server, then also check out the executable "cmake-gui".
More options: https://github.com/minetest/minetest/bl ... ke-options

CMake does not offer a way to uninstall a system-wide installed application, so you'd have to remove the files either manually or parse the manifest file.
>> Mod Search Engine << - Mods by Krock - DuckDuckGo mod search bang: !mtmod <keyword here>
 

User avatar
Lejo
Member
 
Posts: 496
Joined: Mon Oct 19, 2015 16:32
GitHub: Lejo1
In-game: Lejo
 

User avatar
cHyper
Member
 
Posts: 803
Joined: Fri May 06, 2011 08:49
Location: Austria
GitHub: cHyper-0815OL
IRC: cHyper
In-game: cHyper

Re: [Debian / Ubuntu] 1-line script: install Minetest Git

by cHyper » Sun May 20, 2018 21:26

Krock wrote:
Lejo wrote:I need a server release of 0.4.17, I think this was a client release.

Right, I forgot to mention the CMake options which let you build the server (minetestserver) without the client built-in.
Code: Select all
cmake . -DBUILD_CLIENT=0 -DBUILD_SERVER=1

If you want Minetest as a (more or less) portable package, also define the option " -DRUN_IN_PLACE=1 ". If you have a desktop environment on the computer where you are building the server, then also check out the executable "cmake-gui".
More options: https://github.com/minetest/minetest/bl ... ke-options

CMake does not offer a way to uninstall a system-wide installed application, so you'd have to remove the files either manually or parse the manifest file.

+1; void *print() { cout <<"hello world"} LOL sorry... wrong way...
 

izzyb
Member
 
Posts: 28
Joined: Thu May 07, 2015 22:41

Re: [Debian / Ubuntu] 1-line script: install Minetest Git

by izzyb » Thu Jun 21, 2018 19:05

Lejo wrote:How can I delete the dev-0.5.0 release?
I need a server release of 0.4.17, I think this was a client release.
Edit: It is both?


To build a 4.17 release from the source, you need to checkout the 4.17 release after your git clone of the source.
UPDATE: Thanks Lejo - use checkout stable-0.4 instead of checkout 0.4.17 as I originally indicated. That way you'll get the latest stable automatically if there is a new release.

Code: Select all
git clone https://github.com/minetest/minetest.git
cd minetest
git checkout stable-0.4
cd games
git clone https://github.com/minetest/minetest_game.git
git checkout stable-0.4


Then do your cmake and make.

I recently figured this out, so please correct me if I have anything wrong here. I'm not sure how to get a list of branches, but found on my system tab completion produces a list if you type git checkout <tab><tab>. I'm sure there's a command to do the same, just not sure what it is.
Last edited by izzyb on Fri Jun 22, 2018 15:42, edited 1 time in total.
 

User avatar
Lejo
Member
 
Posts: 496
Joined: Mon Oct 19, 2015 16:32
GitHub: Lejo1
In-game: Lejo
 

User avatar
poikilos
Member
 
Posts: 49
Joined: Thu Feb 18, 2016 13:45
GitHub: poikilos
In-game: Abiyahh

Re: [Debian / Ubuntu] 1-line script: install Minetest Git

by poikilos » Thu Aug 30, 2018 17:09

There is an issue in the original 1-line script that also was causing trouble in my version. I didn't notice this until recently. This is only an issue for silent install (such as in my case). If you are trying to make a silent install or remote install, the part where you run minetest should be removed:
Code: Select all
minetest;

Otherwise your cron job or whatever you are doing will get stuck.
 

User avatar
poikilos
Member
 
Posts: 49
Joined: Thu Feb 18, 2016 13:45
GitHub: poikilos
In-game: Abiyahh

Re: [Debian / Ubuntu] 1-line script: install Minetest Git

by poikilos » Sat Nov 10, 2018 21:57

For some reason it wouldn't compile due to missing lua.h ("lua.h: no such file or directory") on Ubuntu 18.04 Bionic Beaver, even though present in ./lib/lua/src/lua.h (where . is git version of minetest). This happened even after installing libluajit-5.1-dev liblua5.1-0-dev as per the 1-line script, and lublua5.2-dev as guesswork. I had to add the
Code: Select all
-DLUA_INCLUDE_DIR=/usr/include/luajit-2.1
option to cmake.
 

grey
Member
 
Posts: 20
Joined: Fri Jan 03, 2014 18:51

Re: [Debian / Ubuntu] 1-line script: install Minetest Git

by grey » Tue Mar 05, 2019 12:05

Just in case anyone cares, I tested this on a current Xbuntu machine and it works.
 

xeno
New member
 
Posts: 5
Joined: Mon Feb 25, 2019 11:59
In-game: xeno

Re:

by xeno » Fri Mar 22, 2019 17:31

PilzAdam wrote:
2232 wrote:and how do you uninstall it??

Just remove the minetest folder.

DOSENT WORCK ;(
 

Previous

Return to Builds



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests

cron