[Mod] UFOs [ufos]

User avatar
Zeg9
Member
 
Posts: 608
Joined: Fri Sep 21, 2012 11:02
Location: France

[Mod] UFOs [ufos]

by Zeg9 » Sat Dec 15, 2012 09:11

Hello !
This little mod adds UFOs to minetest...
License (all) is WTFPL
Credits goes to me for the code, and Melkor for the UFO model (and texture)
Depends: default, for the crafting
Download: here
Here is the repo: https://github.com/Zeg9/minetest-ufos/

How to charge them:
1) Craft the UFO chargling device (recipe is below)
Image 2) Place it...
Image 3) Right click it, and put some obsidian shards in it...
Image 4) Place the UFO next to the charging device (on the picture, it's placed above the cobblestone)
Image 5) Right click the UFO to get inside...
Image 6) Hold use key (default is E) until it is completely charged.
7) Fly around.

You need 100 obsidian shards to completely fill the tank of the UFO

How to control:
Use jump key to go up
Use sneak to go down
Left and right to turn
Up to go forward, down to brake

Crafting:
UFO:
Image

UFO charging device:
Image

Screenshots:
Image Image Image
Last edited by Zeg9 on Wed Jul 17, 2013 10:45, edited 1 time in total.
I made a few (a lot of?) mods for minetest: here is a list.
See also the MT-Faithful texture pack (work in progress).
 

User avatar
JoeyXtreme
Member
 
Posts: 35
Joined: Sat Dec 15, 2012 09:49

by JoeyXtreme » Sat Dec 15, 2012 09:51

funny mod but sometimes it stops in mid-air (on my pc)
and you get shaked around.
but i like the idea of ufos
Hi i'm a signature :D
 

User avatar
Zeg9
Member
 
Posts: 608
Joined: Fri Sep 21, 2012 11:02
Location: France

by Zeg9 » Sat Dec 15, 2012 10:08

JoeyXtreme wrote:you get shaked around

This seems to be a bug with the attachments code, in the engine :/
EDIT: mid-air stopping seems to be due to unloaded chunks, again I don't think I can prevent this :(
Last edited by Zeg9 on Sat Dec 15, 2012 11:18, edited 1 time in total.
I made a few (a lot of?) mods for minetest: here is a list.
See also the MT-Faithful texture pack (work in progress).
 

User avatar
cornellius
Member
 
Posts: 82
Joined: Sat Dec 01, 2012 05:08
Location: South East Asian

by cornellius » Sat Dec 15, 2012 12:07

hmmmm hard to control the ufo maybe if u want go down or up should not constantly maybe just one click one time



sorry for my bad english
Last edited by cornellius on Sat Dec 15, 2012 12:08, edited 1 time in total.
All Humans Need Is Forgiveness, God Is The First One Who Forgive All Humans So Humans Must Forgive Other Humans
 

User avatar
Zeg9
Member
 
Posts: 608
Joined: Fri Sep 21, 2012 11:02
Location: France

by Zeg9 » Sat Dec 15, 2012 13:14

cornellius wrote:hmmmm hard to control the ufo maybe if u want go down or up should not constantly maybe just one click one time


I just improved the controls, please try the new update.
I made a few (a lot of?) mods for minetest: here is a list.
See also the MT-Faithful texture pack (work in progress).
 

User avatar
cornellius
Member
 
Posts: 82
Joined: Sat Dec 01, 2012 05:08
Location: South East Asian

by cornellius » Sat Dec 15, 2012 16:01

ok i will try it sorry but maybe the ufo too fast accelerate
Last edited by cornellius on Sat Dec 15, 2012 16:08, edited 1 time in total.
All Humans Need Is Forgiveness, God Is The First One Who Forgive All Humans So Humans Must Forgive Other Humans
 

User avatar
Zeg9
Member
 
Posts: 608
Joined: Fri Sep 21, 2012 11:02
Location: France

by Zeg9 » Sat Dec 15, 2012 16:38

Well, have you ever seen a UFO in real life ? Maybe they go really fast huh
Anyway there should be some on the 21 of this month, then we'll see ... :')
I made a few (a lot of?) mods for minetest: here is a list.
See also the MT-Faithful texture pack (work in progress).
 

User avatar
cornellius
Member
 
Posts: 82
Joined: Sat Dec 01, 2012 05:08
Location: South East Asian

by cornellius » Sat Dec 15, 2012 16:43

yeah i never seen a UFO in real life
All Humans Need Is Forgiveness, God Is The First One Who Forgive All Humans So Humans Must Forgive Other Humans
 

Josh
Member
 
Posts: 1146
Joined: Fri Jun 29, 2012 23:11
Location: Victoria, Australia

by Josh » Sun Dec 16, 2012 02:11

Cool, now we can make an: Alien Invasion minetest movie! :D
 

User avatar
cornellius
Member
 
Posts: 82
Joined: Sat Dec 01, 2012 05:08
Location: South East Asian

by cornellius » Sun Dec 16, 2012 02:24

LOL What About UFO Planets
All Humans Need Is Forgiveness, God Is The First One Who Forgive All Humans So Humans Must Forgive Other Humans
 

User avatar
VanessaE
Moderator
 
Posts: 4048
Joined: Sun Apr 01, 2012 12:38
Location: Waynesville, NC
GitHub: VanessaE
IRC: VanessaE
In-game: VanessaEzekowitz

by VanessaE » Sun Dec 16, 2012 03:45

I've been experimenting with a new way for the game to handle mese, where mese is now a crystal embedded in stone, which gives a single crystal when dug (which in turn can be crafted into either fragments or blocks). See pull request #65 against minetest_game.

Since celeron55 sees Mese as sort of an alien artifact, it seemed fitting to use the above changes as a source of recipe items for this mod.

Here's what came up with:

Code: Select all
-- Gl --
MF St MF
SI MC SI


Gl = glass
St = stone
SI = Steel Ingot
MC = Mese Crystal
MF = Mese Crystal Fragment

...and the code I added to the bottom of ufos/init.lua to add this recipe:

Code: Select all
minetest.register_craft( {
        output = 'ufos:ufo',
        recipe = {
                { "", "default:glass", ""},
                { "default:mese_crystal_fragment", "default:stone", "default:mese_crystal_fragment"},
                { "default:steel_ingot", "default:mese_crystal", "default:steel_ingot"},
        },
})


Hope that's useful to you.
You might like some of my stuff:
Plantlife ~ More Trees ~ Home Decor ~ Pipeworks ~ HDX Textures (16-512px)
Tips (LTC): LZHSSMzqPVDT21ozmGD4xYWJtjqycy1mqq
 

mikey2020
Member
 
Posts: 30
Joined: Sun Jul 15, 2012 03:39

by mikey2020 » Sun Dec 16, 2012 05:02

i love it!!! but its kind of hard to drive the ufo ship tho
 

User avatar
Zeg9
Member
 
Posts: 608
Joined: Fri Sep 21, 2012 11:02
Location: France

by Zeg9 » Sun Dec 16, 2012 09:10

VanessaE wrote:I've been experimenting with a new way for the game to handle mese, where mese is now a crystal embedded in stone, which gives a single crystal when dug (which in turn can be crafted into either fragments or blocks). See pull request #65 against minetest_game.

Since celeron55 sees Mese as sort of an alien artifact, it seemed fitting to use the above changes as a source of recipe items for this mod.

Here's what came up with:

Code: Select all
-- Gl --
MF St MF
SI MC SI


Gl = glass
St = stone
SI = Steel Ingot
MC = Mese Crystal
MF = Mese Crystal Fragment

...and the code I added to the bottom of ufos/init.lua to add this recipe:

Code: Select all
minetest.register_craft( {
        output = 'ufos:ufo',
        recipe = {
                { "", "default:glass", ""},
                { "default:mese_crystal_fragment", "default:stone", "default:mese_crystal_fragment"},
                { "default:steel_ingot", "default:mese_crystal", "default:steel_ingot"},
        },
})


Hope that's useful to you.


That would be great, but until this is included in main game, I'll use regular mese in the recipe.
+1 for your idea, then people also won't make houses or stuff out of mese, too.
I made a few (a lot of?) mods for minetest: here is a list.
See also the MT-Faithful texture pack (work in progress).
 

User avatar
kaeza
Member
 
Posts: 2158
Joined: Thu Oct 18, 2012 05:00
Location: Montevideo, Uruguay
GitHub: kaeza
IRC: kaeza diemartin blaaaaargh
In-game: kaeza

by kaeza » Sun Dec 16, 2012 13:24

+1 Nice.
Maybe you could take a look at this for the controls.
Your signature is not the place for a blog post. Please keep it as concise as possible. Thank you!

Check out my stuff! | Donations greatly appreciated! PayPal | BTC: 1DFZAa5VtNG7Levux4oP6BuUzr1e83pJK2
 

Kryuko
Member
 
Posts: 76
Joined: Tue Dec 11, 2012 20:26

by Kryuko » Mon Dec 17, 2012 00:17

Little bug:
I've inserted the UFO in a glass case. But if an user click on the class, he can use it. And this is a problem because he can do right click and use the UFO, left click and take the UFO, and type /spawn for escape.

Please, can you fix it?

Thanks in advance.
 

User avatar
Zeg9
Member
 
Posts: 608
Joined: Fri Sep 21, 2012 11:02
Location: France

by Zeg9 » Mon Dec 17, 2012 17:11

Kryuko wrote:Little bug:
I've inserted the UFO in a glass case. But if an user click on the class, he can use it. And this is a problem because he can do right click and use the UFO, left click and take the UFO, and type /spawn for escape.

Please, can you fix it?

Thanks in advance.


That's not really easy to fix... Maybe I should add some sort of "owner" checking to the ufo (like locked chests) ?
I made a few (a lot of?) mods for minetest: here is a list.
See also the MT-Faithful texture pack (work in progress).
 

markveidemanis
Member
 
Posts: 211
Joined: Thu Sep 27, 2012 15:41

by markveidemanis » Tue Dec 18, 2012 18:40

can you update it?
my ideas: make nodebox prettier, make so player can walk around the ufo, make so multiple players can go into the ufo and each occupy a different space in the ufo, make the ufo bigger, maybe make the ufo change size, make it more "flat", make so shift only moves down a bit, not continuous movenent down, make so you can control speed, make steering a bit faster.
Thanks
BitCoin: 1Eq4arvykGNa1YC2DbJpWcwGfMvtFGjAoR
 

User avatar
jojoa1997
Member
 
Posts: 2890
Joined: Thu Dec 13, 2012 05:11
Location: Earth

by jojoa1997 » Tue Dec 18, 2012 20:15

markveidemanis wrote:can you update it?
my ideas: make nodebox prettier, make so player can walk around the ufo, make so multiple players can go into the ufo and each occupy a different space in the ufo, make the ufo bigger, maybe make the ufo change size, make it more "flat", make so shift only moves down a bit, not continuous movenent down, make so you can control speed, make steering a bit faster.
Thanks


also can you make a part of the ufo's bottom clear so you can the the ground
Coding;
1X coding
3X debugging
12X tweaking to be just right
 

User avatar
xavier108
Member
 
Posts: 227
Joined: Sat Nov 24, 2012 06:05
Location: Black Mesa Facility
IRC: Ezlif

by xavier108 » Wed Dec 19, 2012 06:14

Pretty hard to control but nice mod i like it
Ezlif :D
 

User avatar
RAPHAEL
Member
 
Posts: 627
Joined: Tue Nov 01, 2011 09:09
Location: Earth

by RAPHAEL » Wed Dec 19, 2012 10:51

jojoa1997 wrote:also can you make a part of the ufo's bottom clear so you can the the ground


Yes I think a clear bottom would be a good idea.. how do you expect to see the ground for landing? lol

I would do it myself but no idea how to alter this mods textures.
"Before you speak, ask yourself: Is it kind, is it true, is it necessary, does it improve upon the silence?"
My mods: http://goo.gl/n4kpn
(Currently Various, Industrial, Fakeblocks, Jail, MoarCraft, Christmas, Replicator, minetest dev installer for linux, bash mod installer, windows mod installer)
 

Josh
Member
 
Posts: 1146
Joined: Fri Jun 29, 2012 23:11
Location: Victoria, Australia

by Josh » Thu Dec 20, 2012 02:02

You could make the UFO shine a green beam down on the ground, then make it suck up a player into the UFO.
 

User avatar
VanessaE
Moderator
 
Posts: 4048
Joined: Sun Apr 01, 2012 12:38
Location: Waynesville, NC
GitHub: VanessaE
IRC: VanessaE
In-game: VanessaEzekowitz

by VanessaE » Thu Dec 20, 2012 16:34

The mese changes I mentioned have just been integrated into minetest_game. I guess you can use my suggested recipe now :D
You might like some of my stuff:
Plantlife ~ More Trees ~ Home Decor ~ Pipeworks ~ HDX Textures (16-512px)
Tips (LTC): LZHSSMzqPVDT21ozmGD4xYWJtjqycy1mqq
 

User avatar
Zeg9
Member
 
Posts: 608
Joined: Fri Sep 21, 2012 11:02
Location: France

by Zeg9 » Fri Dec 21, 2012 14:55

VanessaE wrote:The mese changes I mentioned have just been integrated into minetest_game. I guess you can use my suggested recipe now :D


Updated, see first post :)
I made a few (a lot of?) mods for minetest: here is a list.
See also the MT-Faithful texture pack (work in progress).
 

User avatar
0gb.us
Member
 
Posts: 841
Joined: Sun Sep 16, 2012 01:55
Location: 0gb.us:30000

by 0gb.us » Fri Dec 21, 2012 17:23

Zeg9 wrote:There is no crafting recipe yet, use /giveme ufos:ufo OR creative mode.

Zeg9 wrote:Crafting:
Image


This amuses me.
 

User avatar
Zeg9
Member
 
Posts: 608
Joined: Fri Sep 21, 2012 11:02
Location: France

by Zeg9 » Fri Dec 21, 2012 17:26

0gb.us wrote:
Zeg9 wrote:There is no crafting recipe yet, use /giveme ufos:ufo OR creative mode.

Zeg9 wrote:Crafting:
Image


This amuses me.


Woops edited :P
I made a few (a lot of?) mods for minetest: here is a list.
See also the MT-Faithful texture pack (work in progress).
 

Next

Return to Mod Releases



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 7 guests