[Mod] More Trees! [git][moretrees]

Andrey01

GitHub: Andrey2470T
In-game: Andrey01

Re: [Mod] More Trees! [git][moretrees]

by Andrey01 » Wed Jun 06, 2018 15:31

Chibi ghost wrote:sorry I did look but couldn't see it for the life of me

The download links are in first post where is written highlited word Download: in the description. Look for still time.

Gibeinumo

GitHub: LibraSubtilis

by Gibeinumo » Tue Jan 22, 2019 10:00

I currently discover features of this mod during survival gameplay and noticed that a worn off steel axe used to create coconut milk is replaced by a new steel axe. You might want to change that.

DrFrankenstone

GitHub: treer

by DrFrankenstone » Sun May 05, 2019 05:36

Does anybody have a minetest-mapper colors.txt file for this or the Plantlife modpack?

VanessaE

GitHub: VanessaE
IRC: VanessaE
In-game: VanessaE

by VanessaE » Sun May 05, 2019 05:44

https://daconcepts.com/vanessa/hobbies/ ... colors.txt (1.3 MB file, about 29000 entries).

It covers virtually everything in Dreambuilder, in minetest_game 5.0.1, and that which is on my more esoteric Minetest servers (Banana Land and MTZ). I'm sure a few things are still missing, but this ought to do the job.

I just brought it up-to-date a day or two ago, in fact. It's what's used on my overview maps.
You might like some of my stuff: Plantlife ~ More Trees ~ Home Decor ~ Pipeworks ~ HDX Textures (64-512px)

DrFrankenstone

GitHub: treer

LordVlad

In-game: LordVlad

by LordVlad » Wed Jun 19, 2019 05:30

I like this mod... all trees are amazing, but i hate the name of the saplings can be confused with default sapling :/.... maybe you can modify that later please..

greetings..

VanessaE

by VanessaE » Wed Jun 19, 2019 12:52

In this mod as of late last night, I have changed the names of minetest_game's "default apple" trees/saplings/etc. to remove "apple" from their names -- thus putting them back they way they were in 0.4.x -- since Moretrees has REAL apple trees (prior to the minetest_game devs making that change, those default trees were closer to walnut or beech than apple, at least when they had no apples present).

As far as I can see, there's no significant potential to confuse anything.
You might like some of my stuff: Plantlife ~ More Trees ~ Home Decor ~ Pipeworks ~ HDX Textures (64-512px)

Chrozayis

by Chrozayis » Fri Jul 26, 2019 02:22

I'd really like to see this mod rebalanced to work better with v7 and carpathian.

Currently all the water-bound trees other that jungle are exceedingly rare to non-existant.
Exception being cedars in v7 and coconuts in carpathian, which I finally found after hours of searching, right next to an arctic biome :/
And sequoias are everywhere in carpathian.

VanessaE

by VanessaE » Fri Jul 26, 2019 06:53

This mod was written with mapgen v6 in mind -- v7 and carpathian didn't exist yet. Pull requests welcome. :-)

Chrozayis

by Chrozayis » Sat Jul 27, 2019 03:57

Is there a way to conveniently get the temperature and humidity values in game? It would be helpful.
On the other hand, I think the problem is with biome_lib, not so much moretrees.
Working on biome_lib's temperature and humidity maps is probably over my head for the time being.
The remaining option I see is to maintain a fork of moretrees that doesn't use the temperature and humidity features and abuses the near/avoid node features instead.

VanessaE

by VanessaE » Sat Jul 27, 2019 08:19

I don't think there are any helpers for reading-back biome_lib's temp/humidity noise, no. Should be easy to add, though. That said, what's really needed is to make biome_lib just use the engine's temperature/humidity maps instead of its own, for the mapgen in question, and use the engine's decorations feature where possible.

Mods would need tweaks to their biome definitions to best-fit the chosen mapgen, too.

Clyde

GitHub: acmgit
In-game: clyde

by Clyde » Fri Aug 02, 2019 19:08

Hi Vanessa,

has the functions to regrow the coconuts and dates of your mods some trouble?
When the trees are generated, they have coconuts and dates on it,
but if i take the nuts from the trees, the coconuts goes into the blossom and then it stuck.

Dates doing nothing after them.

Greetings, Clyde.
Attachments
moretrees.jpg
(102.52 KiB) Not downloaded yet

Oblivious

In-game: Brielle

by Oblivious » Fri Sep 27, 2019 00:35

Vanessa, I recently discovered an annoying incompatibility (for lack of a better word) with a few of the tress that also have versions in default and ethereal.

There are trees that look the same, or at least their truck and planks do, namely Jungle in default, and Birch and
Palm in Ethereal. But the wood is not the same item, they don't stack, strangely I can't get cocoa to grow in the [moretrees] Jungle trees, and I can't make fences out of the wood though I can with their counterparts. (Of course I happened to find the wrong ones.)

Obviously you don't want it dependant on Ethereal, but is there some way you could make the wood function as the same item when you have both mods installed? The leaves and saplings can stay different since there's certainly a difference between the palm trees if not the birch trees.

Alternatively, you could give them a different texture to reinforce the fact they're not the same trees.But I don't think we want that.

I do love how you trees look and the diversity of them.

VanessaE

by VanessaE » Thu Oct 03, 2019 19:42

The default jungle tree issue has been fixed by a patch from flux, and he also submitted a patch (which I merged) to add moretrees fences, but I can't do anything about Ethereal

divergent43

by divergent43 » Wed Oct 16, 2019 07:59

Thank's for this mod, but i have a problem with rubber tree (i need it for technic), on valeys mapgen, after exploring more zone, i haven't found rubber tree.

Seed of mapgen valley game : 17186360690767309017

Chrozayis

by Chrozayis » Sun Nov 24, 2019 14:26

Technic disables its rubber tree generation if moretrees is present. You can disable this by going into your mods folder and editing mods/technic/technic_worldgen/init.lua

Here's what my tweaked version looks like:
Code: Select all
local modpath = minetest.get_modpath("technic_worldgen")

technic = rawget(_G, "technic") or {}
technic.worldgen = {
   gettext = rawget(_G, "intllib") and intllib.Getter() or function(s) return s end,
}

dofile(modpath.."/config.lua")
dofile(modpath.."/nodes.lua")
dofile(modpath.."/oregen.lua")
dofile(modpath.."/crafts.lua")

-- Rubber trees, moretrees also supplies these
--if not minetest.get_modpath("moretrees") then
--  dofile(modpath.."/rubber.lua")
--else
   -- older versions of technic provided rubber trees regardless
--   minetest.register_alias("technic:rubber_sapling", "moretrees:rubber_tree_sapling")
--   minetest.register_alias("technic:rubber_tree_empty", "moretrees:rubber_tree_trunk_empty")
--end

-- moretrees doesn't supply rubber properly on new worldgens
dofile(modpath.."/rubber.lua")
minetest.register_alias("technic:rubber_sapling", "moretrees:rubber_tree_sapling")
minetest.register_alias("technic:rubber_tree_empty", "moretrees:rubber_tree_trunk_empty")

-- mg suppport
if minetest.get_modpath("mg") then
   dofile(modpath.."/mg.lua")
end

I don't know if this is the best way to do it, but it seems to be working.

Previous

Return to Mod Releases