Voxelgarden (previously called Nodetest) is a subgame for Minetest (the engine) and aims to be compatible with most mods*. It's focus is on a basic gameplay with more survival features.
*Voxelgarden is incompatible with: moreblocks
Mapgen: v6 is recommended.
To get started, open your inventory and take a look into the craftguide (top left).
Find crumbled stone to make stone tools.
This game is a rolling release and is always based on the latest git version of the Minetest engine. The "stable" releases are just snapshots of the state when the corresponding engine version was released. If you have downloaded Minetest like normal, click the stable release and then choose your version.
Stable Release (compatible with Minetest stable releases)
Rolling Release Click "Clone or download" (requires the latest Minetest development version)
Review of 0.4.10 by myswiat
Review of 0.4.9 by Meldrian (german)
Open the inventory and take a look at the craft guide (the button top left).
Make sticks out of leaves. Find crumbled stone to make cobble for tools.
When the hunger bar runs out you only get hurt once and it restarts. The less health you have the faster it runs out. Eating restores two times as much hunger as health.
What is this game about?
It is nothing special, it is just a basic voxel game done different. It is meant to evoke a Robinson Crusoe like feeling - a slow paced survival.
Don't expect to many fancy features, as I only add what really works (sorry, no mobs until now). Instead with modularity, polished mods and stairsplus it offers the freedom to be creative (creative like create not decorate).
- "retro" 2D mobs
- Good textures by default, forming an overall consisted style.
- Self planting saplings. No need to collect them. Forests will spread naturally.
- Progressive gameplay, while still offering different ways to achieve your goals.
- Not only stairs and slaps, but a wide range of sub-nodes, enable detailed buildings.
- Must-see mapgen. Getting the best out of mapgen v6.
- A well-thought-out hunger system. Is not annoying as long as you have enough to eat, but it can become dangerous very fast.
- All the mods are tweaked to work good together.
- Game mechanics different form minetest_game and Minecraft. Giving the game it's one feeling.
- With modular doors you can build more than just doors. e.g. window frames, hatches, street lamps...
- Good locking and big conifers.
- Stranded like gameplay. You start with nothing and it takes hard work to obtain your small bit of luxury.
- Cactus has spices and they hurt.
- Doors can be used as hatches.
- Details, details, details. Don't miss them.
Above sea level pools [highlandpools]
BlockMens beds [beds]
for every mod applies the original licence
for other code LGPL 2.1 or later
for other textures CC BY-SA
for other sounds CC BY-SA