Can't Right Click in Minetest

MustLoveCats

Can't Right Click in Minetest

by MustLoveCats » Post

This is very strange. My right click button works just fine in all my programs - except one: Minetest. I can't build, and can barely craft anything except sticks because of this. It doesn't matter survival or creative, singleplayer or multiplayer, or any other settings, my right click just won't work in Minetest. I'm using a Windows 8, but a friend of mine used Minetest on a Windows 7 and had the same problem. Any advice on what to do? :( I really want to build and craft, especially since I play on multiplayer much more often than not, but can't.

-MustLoveCats

Topywo

by Topywo » Post

- What minetest version do you use?
- Did you try without any mods installed in singleplayer/creative?

MustLoveCats

by MustLoveCats » Post

1. I have version 0.4.9.

2. It rarely worked before I got mods, then I got mods and it stopped working. I uninstalled all my mods but it still didn't work. So I added my mods again. (The first time I got mods I didn't know it would destroy my right-click.)

It doesn't even work on vanilla multiplayer servers. And for some reason I can't get any of my mods to work but Cave-Grower, even though my game says I have others downloaded. Yes, I made sure they truly were, and not just uninstalled but showing up on the list of installed mods.

-MustLoveCats

CraigyDavi
GitHub: davisonio
IRC: davisonio
In-game: CraigyDavi

by CraigyDavi » Post

I'm not too sure but maybe try adding this into minetest.config:

Code: Select all

repeat_rightclick_time = 0.25

hoodedice
GitHub: hoodedice
IRC: hoodedice
In-game: hoodedice

by hoodedice » Post

What exactly are you trying to do with your right-click? AFAIK, only some custom mods use right-click. I use Windows 8.1, and right-click works flawlessly for me.

EDIT: I'M SO STUPID. OF COURSE RIGHT CLICK IS IMPORTANT!
Last edited by hoodedice on Sun Feb 09, 2014 21:04, edited 1 time in total.
7:42 PM - Bauglio: I think if you go to staples you could steal firmware from a fax machine that would run better than win10 does on any platform
7:42 PM - Bauglio: so fudge the stable build
7:43 PM - Bauglio: get the staple build

MustLoveCats

by MustLoveCats » Post

CraigyDavi wrote:I'm not too sure but maybe try adding this into minetest.config:

Um...how do you get to the .config folder?

hoodedice

by hoodedice » Post

MustLoveCats wrote:
CraigyDavi wrote:I'm not too sure but maybe try adding this into minetest.config:

Minetest.conf is what he meant. It's located in your minetest root folder.
7:42 PM - Bauglio: I think if you go to staples you could steal firmware from a fax machine that would run better than win10 does on any platform

MustLoveCats

by MustLoveCats » Post

hoodedice wrote:
MustLoveCats wrote:

And how do I put it in there? Here's something to think about: Is it gonna be free?

hoodedice

by hoodedice » Post

MustLoveCats wrote:
hoodedice wrote:
MustLoveCats wrote:
And how do I put it in there? Here's something to think about: Is it gonna be free?
-.-

DUDE. EVERYTHING HERE IS FREE AS IN FREEDOM AND CANDY. Don't say that again, cute furry kittens will die.

Open your minetest folder, check for a file called minetest.conf Right click it, and then scroll to Open With and select Notepad. Paste the line in there, save it and close it. Now open minetest and check again
Last edited by hoodedice on Sun Feb 09, 2014 21:15, edited 1 time in total.

MustLoveCats

by MustLoveCats » Post

hoodedice wrote:
MustLoveCats wrote:
hoodedice wrote:
-.-

DUDE. EVERYTHING HERE IS FREE AS IN FREEDOM AND CANDY. Don't say that again, cute furry kittens will die.

Open your minetest folder, check for a file called minetest.conf Right click it, and then scroll to Open With and select Notepad. Paste the line in there, save it and close it. Now open minetest and check again
WELL, EXCUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUSE ME! No need to yell. I just expected me to have to open it with, like the full version of WinZip or something. The reason I didn't open it with notepad in the first place is the option is a little bit hidden because I am using Windows 8.

Okay, so I did that. I'm using a laptop, so you know you can use those with both the computer mouse or the built-in touchpad. The mouse RCM wouldn't work, but the touchpad RCM did. I'm fine with that, it's still a right-click. But I had to restart my computer first, after putting in that text.

EDIT: Now my mods won't work, except Cave Grower. My other mods are Compass and PilzAdam's Carts. What do I do?

-MustLoveCats
Last edited by MustLoveCats on Tue Feb 11, 2014 21:41, edited 1 time in total.

hoodedice

by hoodedice » Post

What is your ERROR output for the mods?

Novacain

by Novacain » Post

hoodedice wrote:What is your ERROR output for the mods?
this is found in the debug.txt which can be found in the same location as you minetest.conf
EXTERMINATE!!!
My Tronrealm modpack
My tronblocks mod

hoodedice

by hoodedice » Post

Novacain wrote:
hoodedice wrote:What is your ERROR output for the mods?
this is found in the debug.txt which can be found in the same location as your bin folder

MustLoveCats

by MustLoveCats » Post

I realize why my mods didnt work now: I didnt enable them in my games through the "Configure" button, im so stupid.

But now with them enabled, it springs up another problem:
Spoiler
For extra boredom busting, try to find all my icons and figure out what they do.
I cannot play most of my singleplayer games now. Only multiplayer, and one of my games that I had compass enabled in it before all this doohickey mess even started. I really want to play with more mods than that (compass was only ever good for multiplayer anyway) so please help?
Last edited by MustLoveCats on Wed Feb 12, 2014 15:02, edited 1 time in total.

Krock
Developer
GitHub: SmallJoker

by Krock » Post

Try to start the .exe in your bin folder, then check again if it won't work.
Last edited by Krock on Wed Feb 12, 2014 15:39, edited 1 time in total.
Look, I programmed a bug for you. >> Mod Search Engine << - Mods by Krock - DuckDuckGo mod search bang: !mtmod <keyword here>

MustLoveCats

by MustLoveCats » Post

Krock wrote:Try to start the .exe in your bin folder, then check again if it won't work.
Nope, tried that and it still showed up the error message.

Novacain

by Novacain » Post

well, there's your problem, you're using windows :P

I would try to diagnose the issue, but I swore off windows eight (THE HORROR). my preliminary guess would be that you are missing the path to some of the folders (unless microsoft intentionally made the paths more confusing. your screenshot doesn't show any folder seperation). also, with mods, you frequently have to rename some of them, otherwise it won't let you enter. also, if you have a mapgen mod, it may have needed enabling before you actually entered the world.

Another idea is to get a different build of minetest. the 4.9 stable release had a lot of bugs in it. You can find some "unnoficial" builds in the "download" section of the main site.
EXTERMINATE!!!
My Tronrealm modpack
My tronblocks mod

MustLoveCats

by MustLoveCats » Post

I never before entered the world I tried to, and I'm guessing Cave Grower can count as a mapgen mod. My only others are compass and pilzadam's carts.

Novacain

by Novacain » Post

I assume you are using 4.9 "stable," right? why not try one of the "bleeding edge" builds? that may fix your problems.
EXTERMINATE!!!
My Tronrealm modpack
My tronblocks mod

hoodedice

by hoodedice » Post

Take your MT folder and put it in your Documents folder. It works flawlessly on my Windows 8.1, so I don't know why it shouldn't for you.