[Mod] Pie (is not a lie ;) ) [0.35] [pie]

User avatar
Mitroman
Member
 
Posts: 62
Joined: Thu Apr 03, 2014 19:47
GitHub: Mitroman
In-game: Mitroman15

[Mod] Pie (is not a lie ;) ) [0.35] [pie]

by Mitroman » Sun Jun 15, 2014 19:26

This mod adds a pie and an apple pie into minetest... YAAAY :D. You can eat a pie (only if you not have full health) by punching it with the pie knife. Every piece gives you 2 hearts back.

Note: Now it is avaible with the hud mod.

+ Crafting

+ Screenshots


Download(ZIP): https://github.com/Mitroman/pie/archive/master.zip
Code: https://github.com/Mitroman/pie
License: CC-BY-SA 3.0
Depends: default, farming

+ Ideas


I hope you enjoy my mod. Cause I am proud of it. :).
Last edited by Mitroman on Sat Jul 26, 2014 13:59, edited 11 times in total.
 

User avatar
Wuzzy
Member
 
Posts: 3241
Joined: Mon Sep 24, 2012 15:01
GitHub: Wuzzy2
IRC: Wuzzy
In-game: Wuzzy

Re: [Mod] Cake (is not a lie ;) ) 0.1 [github]

by Wuzzy » Sun Jun 15, 2014 21:19

The mod is missing a depends.txt file.

Your mod depends on farming from minetest_game, because you use farming:flour and farming:wheat. And it also depends on default, because of the papyrus you need for sugar.

Please add a depends.txt with this contents:
Code: Select all
default
farming


The descriptions for all cake sizes are identical. I would change the descriptions for the “cake parts” to something like “three-quarter cake”, “half cake” and “quarter cake”.
 

User avatar
rubenwardy
Moderator
 
Posts: 5539
Joined: Tue Jun 12, 2012 18:11
Location: United Kingdom
GitHub: rubenwardy
IRC: rubenwardy
In-game: rubenwardy
 

User avatar
Topywo
Member
 
Posts: 1720
Joined: Fri May 18, 2012 20:27
 

User avatar
Mitroman
Member
 
Posts: 62
Joined: Thu Apr 03, 2014 19:47
GitHub: Mitroman
In-game: Mitroman15

Re: [Mod] Cake (is not a lie ;) ) 0.1 [github]

by Mitroman » Mon Jun 16, 2014 12:29

Topywo wrote:
rubenwardy wrote:There may be another mod called "cake".


viewtopic.php?f=9&t=4862


I have changed the name into pie. But at all: I think my textures are very better and the recipe too...
 

User avatar
Mitroman
Member
 
Posts: 62
Joined: Thu Apr 03, 2014 19:47
GitHub: Mitroman
In-game: Mitroman15

Re: [Mod] Cake (is not a lie ;) ) 0.1 [github]

by Mitroman » Mon Jun 16, 2014 12:29

Wuzzy wrote:The mod is missing a depends.txt file.

Your mod depends on farming from minetest_game, because you use farming:flour and farming:wheat. And it also depends on default, because of the papyrus you need for sugar.

Please add a depends.txt with this contents:
Code: Select all
default
farming


The descriptions for all cake sizes are identical. I would change the descriptions for the “cake parts” to something like “three-quarter cake”, “half cake” and “quarter cake”.


Added / Changed.
 

User avatar
rubenwardy
Moderator
 
Posts: 5539
Joined: Tue Jun 12, 2012 18:11
Location: United Kingdom
GitHub: rubenwardy
IRC: rubenwardy
In-game: rubenwardy

Re: [Mod] Pie (is not a lie ;) ) 0.25 [github]

by rubenwardy » Mon Jun 16, 2014 16:22

You can still call it cake, but you need to change the mod namespace (the folder it is saved in).

However a different name is better.
 

User avatar
Mitroman
Member
 
Posts: 62
Joined: Thu Apr 03, 2014 19:47
GitHub: Mitroman
In-game: Mitroman15

Re: [Mod] Pie (is not a lie ;) ) 0.25 [github]

by Mitroman » Mon Jun 16, 2014 19:47

rubenwardy wrote:You can still call it cake, but you need to change the mod namespace (the folder it is saved in).

However a different name is better.


Ok I'll change.
 

User avatar
Wuzzy
Member
 
Posts: 3241
Joined: Mon Sep 24, 2012 15:01
GitHub: Wuzzy2
IRC: Wuzzy
In-game: Wuzzy

Re: [Mod] Cake (is not a lie ;) ) 0.1 [github]

by Wuzzy » Tue Jun 17, 2014 15:01

Mitroman wrote:
Wuzzy wrote:The mod is missing a depends.txt file.

Your mod depends on farming from minetest_game, because you use farming:flour and farming:wheat. And it also depends on default, because of the papyrus you need for sugar.

Please add a depends.txt with this contents:
Code: Select all
default
farming


The descriptions for all cake sizes are identical. I would change the descriptions for the “cake parts” to something like “three-quarter cake”, “half cake” and “quarter cake”.


Added / Changed.

There is still no depends.txt file.
 

User avatar
Mitroman
Member
 
Posts: 62
Joined: Thu Apr 03, 2014 19:47
GitHub: Mitroman
In-game: Mitroman15

Re: [Mod] Cake (is not a lie ;) ) 0.1 [github]

by Mitroman » Tue Jun 17, 2014 18:19

Wuzzy wrote:
Mitroman wrote:
Wuzzy wrote:The mod is missing a depends.txt file.

Your mod depends on farming from minetest_game, because you use farming:flour and farming:wheat. And it also depends on default, because of the papyrus you need for sugar.

Please add a depends.txt with this contents:
Code: Select all
default
farming


The descriptions for all cake sizes are identical. I would change the descriptions for the “cake parts” to something like “three-quarter cake”, “half cake” and “quarter cake”.


Added / Changed.

There is still no depends.txt file.


But It is on the forum so... but I will add the "depends.txt" file now...
 

User avatar
rubenwardy
Moderator
 
Posts: 5539
Joined: Tue Jun 12, 2012 18:11
Location: United Kingdom
GitHub: rubenwardy
IRC: rubenwardy
In-game: rubenwardy

Re: [Mod] Cake (is not a lie ;) ) 0.1 [github]

by rubenwardy » Tue Jun 17, 2014 18:22

Mitroman wrote:But It is on the forum so... but I will add the "depends.txt" file now...


People may not read it, and the Minetest program can not access the forum.
 

User avatar
Mitroman
Member
 
Posts: 62
Joined: Thu Apr 03, 2014 19:47
GitHub: Mitroman
In-game: Mitroman15

Re: [Mod] Cake (is not a lie ;) ) 0.1 [github]

by Mitroman » Tue Jun 17, 2014 19:19

rubenwardy wrote:
Mitroman wrote:But It is on the forum so... but I will add the "depends.txt" file now...


People may not read it, and the Minetest program can not access the forum.


Now it is on the forum in the README.md file and in the extra depends.txt file! If this is too less, I should remove this topic... Cause at all: I got no good feedback only: This needs that and that, there is another mod and so on... but the another mod is in my opinion not so good... . I am so proud about myself that I can make "good" mods, but at the moment not.
 

User avatar
rubenwardy
Moderator
 
Posts: 5539
Joined: Tue Jun 12, 2012 18:11
Location: United Kingdom
GitHub: rubenwardy
IRC: rubenwardy
In-game: rubenwardy

Re: [Mod] Pie (is not a lie ;) ) [0.25] [pie]

by rubenwardy » Tue Jun 17, 2014 19:47

I am using this a decoration on my local game I quite like it. I am just trying to help.
 

User avatar
Mitroman
Member
 
Posts: 62
Joined: Thu Apr 03, 2014 19:47
GitHub: Mitroman
In-game: Mitroman15

Re: [Mod] Pie (is not a lie ;) ) [0.25] [pie]

by Mitroman » Tue Jun 17, 2014 20:03

rubenwardy wrote:I am using this a decoration on my local game I quite like it. I am just trying to help.


Ok sorry. I could exaggerated... cause everyone is looking at the depends and not at the mod... this is annoying me a little bit...
 

User avatar
TenPlus1
Member
 
Posts: 2419
Joined: Mon Jul 29, 2013 13:38
GitHub: tenplus1

Re: [Mod] Pie (is not a lie ;) ) [0.31] [pie]

by TenPlus1 » Mon Jul 21, 2014 16:17

Great mod, am using it on Xanadu server and I changed the code slightly to work with the HUD mod and hunger... Here's what I changed in the item.lua file:

Code: Select all
minetest.register_craftitem("pie:knife", {
   description = "Pie knife",
   inventory_image = "pie_knife.png",
   stack_max = 1,
   on_use = function(itemstack, user, pointed_thing)
      if pointed_thing.type ~= "node" then
         return
      end

      local node = minetest.get_node(pointed_thing.under).name

      if test_pie(node) then
         minetest.chat_send_player(user:get_player_name(), "Cannot eat block!")
         return
      end
      
      if minetest.get_modpath("hud") then

         local name = user:get_player_name()
         local h = tonumber(hud.hunger[name])
         h=h+4
         if h>30 then
            minetest.chat_send_player(user:get_player_name(), "Cannot eat, not hungry")
            return
         end
         hud.hunger[name]=h
         hud.set_hunger(user)
         
      else

         if user:get_hp() == 20 then
            minetest.chat_send_player(user:get_player_name(), "Cannot eat, health full")
            return
         end
         user:set_hp(user:get_hp() + 4)
      
      end
      
      local pos = pointed_thing.under
      minetest.set_node(pos, {name=eat_pie(node)})
      
   end
})
 

User avatar
ExeterDad
Member
 
Posts: 1717
Joined: Sun Jun 01, 2014 20:00
Location: New Hampshire U.S.A
In-game: ExeterDad

Re: [Mod] Cake (is not a lie ;) ) 0.1 [github]

by ExeterDad » Fri Jul 25, 2014 14:10

Mitroman wrote:I am so proud about myself that I can make "good" mods, but at the moment not.


Please do not be discouraged! I've had a rough time getting my children to abandon MC pocket edition. And this mod has been very helpful and enjoyed by them since I installed it.

You should hear their voices when they are using your cake :P Good times.
Thank you for your work, and please keep it up.

I believe your friends are giving you "constructive criticism", which doesn't always "sound" pleasant via text.
 

User avatar
Mitroman
Member
 
Posts: 62
Joined: Thu Apr 03, 2014 19:47
GitHub: Mitroman
In-game: Mitroman15

Re: [Mod] Cake (is not a lie ;) ) 0.1 [github]

by Mitroman » Sat Jul 26, 2014 11:05

ExeterDad wrote:
Mitroman wrote:I am so proud about myself that I can make "good" mods, but at the moment not.


Please do not be discouraged! I've had a rough time getting my children to abandon MC pocket edition. And this mod has been very helpful and enjoyed by them since I installed it.

You should hear their voices when they are using your cake :P Good times.
Thank you for your work, and please keep it up.

I believe your friends are giving you "constructive criticism", which doesn't always "sound" pleasant via text.


Ok thanks :).
 

User avatar
Mitroman
Member
 
Posts: 62
Joined: Thu Apr 03, 2014 19:47
GitHub: Mitroman
In-game: Mitroman15

Re: [Mod] Pie (is not a lie ;) ) [0.31] [pie]

by Mitroman » Sat Jul 26, 2014 11:08

TenPlus1 wrote:Great mod, am using it on Xanadu server and I changed the code slightly to work with the HUD mod and hunger... Here's what I changed in the item.lua file:

Code: Select all
minetest.register_craftitem("pie:knife", {
   description = "Pie knife",
   inventory_image = "pie_knife.png",
   stack_max = 1,
   on_use = function(itemstack, user, pointed_thing)
      if pointed_thing.type ~= "node" then
         return
      end

      local node = minetest.get_node(pointed_thing.under).name

      if test_pie(node) then
         minetest.chat_send_player(user:get_player_name(), "Cannot eat block!")
         return
      end
      
      if minetest.get_modpath("hud") then

         local name = user:get_player_name()
         local h = tonumber(hud.hunger[name])
         h=h+4
         if h>30 then
            minetest.chat_send_player(user:get_player_name(), "Cannot eat, not hungry")
            return
         end
         hud.hunger[name]=h
         hud.set_hunger(user)
         
      else

         if user:get_hp() == 20 then
            minetest.chat_send_player(user:get_player_name(), "Cannot eat, health full")
            return
         end
         user:set_hp(user:get_hp() + 4)
      
      end
      
      local pos = pointed_thing.under
      minetest.set_node(pos, {name=eat_pie(node)})
      
   end
})


Cool. Thanks. :) I tried to make it avaible for the hud mod but I failed. Could I copy your code (for the hud mod to make it avaible) ? And what is the IP for the server? (I wanna join your server)
 

User avatar
hoodedice
Member
 
Posts: 1372
Joined: Sat Jul 06, 2013 06:33
Location: world
GitHub: hoodedice
IRC: hoodedice
In-game: hoodedice

Re: [Mod] Pie (is not a lie ;) ) [0.31] [pie]

by hoodedice » Sat Jul 26, 2014 13:16

Mitroman wrote:
TenPlus1 wrote:Great mod, am using it on Xanadu server and I changed the code slightly to work with the HUD mod and hunger... Here's what I changed in the item.lua file:

Code: Select all
minetest.register_craftitem("pie:knife", {
   description = "Pie knife",
   inventory_image = "pie_knife.png",
   stack_max = 1,
   on_use = function(itemstack, user, pointed_thing)
      if pointed_thing.type ~= "node" then
         return
      end

      local node = minetest.get_node(pointed_thing.under).name

      if test_pie(node) then
         minetest.chat_send_player(user:get_player_name(), "Cannot eat block!")
         return
      end
      
      if minetest.get_modpath("hud") then

         local name = user:get_player_name()
         local h = tonumber(hud.hunger[name])
         h=h+4
         if h>30 then
            minetest.chat_send_player(user:get_player_name(), "Cannot eat, not hungry")
            return
         end
         hud.hunger[name]=h
         hud.set_hunger(user)
         
      else

         if user:get_hp() == 20 then
            minetest.chat_send_player(user:get_player_name(), "Cannot eat, health full")
            return
         end
         user:set_hp(user:get_hp() + 4)
      
      end
      
      local pos = pointed_thing.under
      minetest.set_node(pos, {name=eat_pie(node)})
      
   end
})


Cool. Thanks. :) I tried to make it avaible for the hud mod but I failed. Could I copy your code (for the hud mod to make it avaible) ? And what is the IP for the server? (I wanna join your server)


TenPlus manages the well known Xanadu server. You can find the IP at minetest.net/servers, or use the in game public server list to connect.

Also, this is open source. As long as you use the correct licenses, you are free to copy code.
7:42 PM - Bauglio: I think if you go to staples you could steal firmware from a fax machine that would run better than win10 does on any platform
7:42 PM - Bauglio: so fudge the stable build
7:43 PM - Bauglio: get the staple build
 

User avatar
Mitroman
Member
 
Posts: 62
Joined: Thu Apr 03, 2014 19:47
GitHub: Mitroman
In-game: Mitroman15

Re: [Mod] Pie (is not a lie ;) ) [0.31] [pie]

by Mitroman » Sat Jul 26, 2014 13:50

TenPlus manages the well known Xanadu server. You can find the IP at minetest.net/servers, or use the in game public server list to connect.

Also, this is open source. As long as you use the correct licenses, you are free to copy code.


Ok thanks.
 

User avatar
Inocudom
Member
 
Posts: 3018
Joined: Sat Sep 29, 2012 01:14
IRC: Inocudom
In-game: Inocudom

Re: [Mod] Pie (is not a lie ;) ) [0.35] [pie]

by Inocudom » Thu Nov 27, 2014 02:19

Would this mod be compatible with the following farming mod by MTDad?
https://forum.minetest.net/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=10187&hilit=mtdad
Recovering from the abomination I am. Clocking time for Garry's Mod I am too.
 

User avatar
Mitroman
Member
 
Posts: 62
Joined: Thu Apr 03, 2014 19:47
GitHub: Mitroman
In-game: Mitroman15

Re: [Mod] Pie (is not a lie ;) ) [0.35] [pie]

by Mitroman » Thu Nov 27, 2014 05:40

Inocudom wrote:Would this mod be compatible with the following farming mod by MTDad?
https://forum.minetest.net/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=10187&hilit=mtdad


Yeah it could be but I am now "offline" so I don't update my mods anymore. Maybe forever But you could ask another modder to fork my project.
 

User avatar
Inocudom
Member
 
Posts: 3018
Joined: Sat Sep 29, 2012 01:14
IRC: Inocudom
In-game: Inocudom

Re: [Mod] Pie (is not a lie ;) ) [0.35] [pie]

by Inocudom » Thu Nov 27, 2014 15:24

Mitroman wrote:
Inocudom wrote:Would this mod be compatible with the following farming mod by MTDad?
https://forum.minetest.net/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=10187&hilit=mtdad


Yeah it could be but I am now "offline" so I don't update my mods anymore. Maybe forever But you could ask another modder to fork my project.

Well, there are the forks of Minetest known as Voxelands and Freeminer.
Recovering from the abomination I am. Clocking time for Garry's Mod I am too.
 


Return to Mod Releases



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Chibi ghost, Clyde and 8 guests