An under water city (?)

TheLionGirl
In-game: TheLionGirl

An under water city (?)

by TheLionGirl » Post

Tonight I have dreamed I am in a under water city, in a server of minetest. Maybe someone else can do it? She can be called Atlantic?
I know, I am a girl... What I am gonna to do about that??

!!!- Sorry my bad english, is because I'm portuguese -!!!

HeroOfTheWinds
GitHub: HeroOfTheWinds
IRC: WindHero

Re: An under water city (?)

by HeroOfTheWinds » Post

It's certainly possible, although one of two things would be needed: a scuba-diving mod (currently, the spacesuit from Moontest or from paramat's mod would work the same way), and/or a way to make the buildings airtight without letting water in. (bring lots of buckets). I also must say that the sea modpack would add some nice variety to the landscape around it....
Nam ex spatio, omnes res venire possunt.
Why let the ground limit you when you can reach for the sky?
Back to college now, yay for sophomore year schedules. :P

Topywo

by Topywo » Post

Leetelate has made a scuba mod. I uploaded a (I hope the latest) version to dropbox and made a link for it in the first post of the Seamodpack topic.

I used to fill a space with water with dirt, then removed the dirt. If the place was big, make partitions to it. Now I probably would take the easiest diggable material to put on the water sources.

Edit: Typo.

LionsDen

by LionsDen » Post

You could do that or use the sponges mod.

viewtopic.php?id=4642

TheLionGirl

by TheLionGirl » Post

Yea, but I think we can use glass. Do a dome with glass, maybe with WorldEdit mod... Will be pretty, see the sea and the marine caves...

Calinou
GitHub: Calinou
IRC: Calinou
In-game: Calinou

by Calinou » Post

LionsDen wrote:You could do that or use the sponges mod.

viewtopic.php?id=4642
Sponges are terribly slow, liquids will attempt to flow into the soaked area all the time.
TheLionGirl wrote:Yea, but I think we can use glass. Do a dome with glass, maybe with WorldEdit mod... Will be pretty, see the sea and the marine caves...
All materials can be used, pretty much; remember that water won't wash out blocks like torches or doors, so you can place them underwater fine (useful for making “breathing zones”).

You could start building an underground underwater base by digging at the bottom of an ocean, then filling the hole with a ladder. Then start digging more and more to build a larger base…

TheLionGirl

by TheLionGirl » Post

Calinou wrote:
LionsDen wrote:You could do that or use the sponges mod.

viewtopic.php?id=4642
Sponges are terribly slow, liquids will attempt to flow into the soaked area all the time.
TheLionGirl wrote:Yea, but I think we can use glass. Do a dome with glass, maybe with WorldEdit mod... Will be pretty, see the sea and the marine caves...
All materials can be used, pretty much; remember that water won't wash out blocks like torches or doors, so you can place them underwater fine (useful for making “breathing zones”).

You could start building an underground underwater base by digging at the bottom of an ocean, then filling the hole with a ladder. Then start digging more and more to build a larger base…

Yes, it is a good idea. As you know, I'm Portuguese and a Portuguese minecraft server there is a sub aquatic city that built about ten people (can watch videos on youtube to show the server).
Then they made square glass walls, which then put a roof afloat and made an entrance with stairs. Inside, removed the water that was inside the glass dome and They built a small town. On the outside of the glass, the ocean continued, without removing all the water to build the city.

LionsDen

by LionsDen » Post

I have used the lava sponges to remove lava from huge caverns filled quite full of lava. It's not difficult to do, just have a lot of sponges to place and let their area of effects meet. It's faster than filling every single node of water with some other material and then removing the material to get the air. Just place the sponges to clear out the "glass" (or whatever material) dome and then after the dome is built, remove the sponges to have air inside.

solars

by solars » Post

At my Karsthafen map, I have a unfinished underwater u-bahn station:

I think, in this style (steel and glass), you can build cities too. ;)

I have filled the inside with sand, and removed it after building the tube. I think it should be easier with worldedit and set air...

TheLionGirl

by TheLionGirl » Post

solars wrote:At my Karsthafen map, I have a unfinished underwater u-bahn station:

I think, in this style (steel and glass), you can build cities too. ;)

I have filled the inside with sand, and removed it after building the tube. I think it should be easier with worldedit and set air...
Yes,we can fill all dome with sand, but it can be very more tiring...

TheLionGirl

by TheLionGirl » Post

Theres an screenshot of something like a sub aquatic city:

TheLionGirl

by TheLionGirl » Post

I found another images: Theres a dome, but is in the desert, not under water: Image

I hope someone can make the city so I throw the challenge: make a glass dome under water, with a city inside. PS: inside the dome has to be air, but outside the water gets there. Can do in creative or survival, as you prefer, but the goal is making the city, take some screenshots from all angles and inside the dome. To have the ocean, the city can not be contruída a flat map. Can use mods like World Edit, or Mod sponges, as some have said. Here is the challenge, hope to have participants, so we can even create a new server with the name Atlantis, or something to do, even if Trident. See you tomorrow!

Doriphore

by Doriphore » Post

Challenge accepted !

Here is a sea city in progress (glass dome under construction) - An undersea place was in my projects anyway.
screenshot_3091724288.png
screenshot_3091724288.png (613.59 KiB) Viewed 610 times
screenshot_3091754151.png
screenshot_3091754151.png (603.55 KiB) Viewed 610 times
Be patient though, 'cause I'm gonna need some time to finish it... (I don't use creative mode, even If I usually disable damages)

TheLionGirl

by TheLionGirl » Post

Doriphore wrote:Challenge accepted !

Here is a sea city in progress (glass dome under construction) - An undersea place was in my projects anyway.
screenshot_3091724288.png
screenshot_3091754151.png
Be patient though, 'cause I'm gonna need some time to finish it... (I don't use creative mode, even If I usually disable damages)
Great job. Maybe someday we can make a server to build a under water city too, but very bigger, maybe in a square.